Good pally Circlet?

jimmyjimmy

Diabloii.Net Member
Good pally Circlet?

I recently gambled a 3+ combat skills/ 20% FCR Circlet and wondered what it would be good for and what to socket in it? I was thinking that a hammerdin would make the best use of it and wondered if its worth building a pk hammerdin around. Any input would be appreciated.

Oh, by the way i socketed it and got 2 sockets too :p

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
ShaelShael is the most common combination.

Personally, I find that combo useless if you're wearing Spirit. Other choices could then be Ums or PRubies.

jimmyjimmy

Diabloii.Net Member
is spririt a viable shield on hammerdins though? seems like a hoz would be more benificial due to skills, stats and high block.

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
Spirit is definitely a viable shield. If you're aiming for a PvPer then it becomes more enticing because the FCR bonus goes a long way to helping you reach the 125%FCR breakpoint.

Spirit also offers +Skills, FHR (VERY important), and nice resist bonuses especially when made in a Paladin-only Resist-automod shield, in addition to some Magic Absorb :)D), all in addition to up to 35%FCR and a very nice bonus to Mana and Vitality. The block rate is clearly inferior to HoZ, but don't forget that Holy Shield will help you out a lot.

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
block rate? as in, fpb? holy shield=2 fpb, no matter what.

as far as that goes, yes, you are going to lose a lot of block using it. However, there are ways to make it work well (like using it vs. sorcs/casters wtih unblockable attacks). personally, I like the hoz better.

--welt

mdkkns

Diabloii.Net Member
I may be wrong but I think FoH is NOT affected by FCR. I have a v/t and I do not bother with FCR. It simply makes the animation faster.

jimmyjimmy

Diabloii.Net Member
You are correct in saying that FCR doesnt affect cast rate on FOH, only animation speed as far as i know, however, this circlet is best used on a hammerdin and not on a FOHer. Ur prolly better off with a Griff on a FOHer if your gonna go with a circlet.

mdkkns

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, sorry. Didn't really read properly before posting.

Yea, it'll be a cool hammerdin circlet. I'll probably socket it with ShaelShael for better FHR. Hammerdins usually tele into a mob before unleasing hammers. FHR would probably help, since resistance will come from spirit and hoto.

oioioi

Diabloii.Net Member
I also have a +2 pally skill, 20%FCR, 2socket circlet, but i only PvM, so it's actually quite useless for me