Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good Morning Thursday

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Xir, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Xir

Xir IncGamers Member

Good Morning Thursday

Ran around with Awer in NM with my Skelliemancer. We played a little in A3 and then I helped him to get to A5 with my Sorc/Barb combo.

Much later on I got online to find Tsuki running around in Hell. We decided to press on through CS. Very interesting going through CS with two Melee chars. I mostly just played Wizard with the Barb, taunting, putting up rare Grim Wards (no bodies to work with) and of course, good ol' BC, BO, Shout.

Tsuki converted a lot of stuff to get us through, and I did the BC, BO, Shout combo while we had converts. Let me tell you, it takes a long time to whittle down a mob after I've given it the treatment. I couldn't imagine why on earth I couldn't hit an Oblivion Knight no matter how much I was swinging. :)

We did manage to get through it though, and as usual, Diablo was an anti-climax. Didn't even drink a single pot.

2. Tsuki

Tsuki IncGamers Member

That was a pretty good run, Hell CS was certainly tough, though most of the challenge is still from the same source it always was: Oblivion Knights. I ran Defiance most of the time (almost maxed out now, one more point to go) and used Smite against the OKs whenever I could. I did get IM on me a couple times while doing this...good thing Smite is low-damage. Also got IM on me once when zealing, though it was my own fault...hit the wrong hotkey, had meant to smite. With BO for more life, and Defiance on instead of Fanat, I was able to live thru it (and hit a pot right away also, which helped). Probably would've been a fatal mistake without the BO though, my life dropped fast.

Anyway, glad to at last be in act5/hell. I'm most of the way to 87 now...and am starting to think about 90. :D

Oh...and I've been messing around with a necro too, trying out the skeleton warriors. Had been planning on a Skelly/Poisoner build...but now I'm not so sure. Xir happened to have gone thru the same thought process and said "well the damage just isn't there" or something to that effect, and that you'd have to max the synergies, which I won't have points enough to do. That got me thinking...the final piece of that strategy probably needs to be Lower Resist. And since I'm going for warriors, I won't be using LR. So...I may end up rerolling the necro. Also possible that I'll end up making two necros. One would be the skelemancer...what else for him, I'm not sure...maybe go all out and have mages too, and be a General. The other would be a Golemancer/Poisoner I think...skip the other summons entirely, maybe use Attract/Bone Prison with LR/PN and see how it goes.

Anyway, all other classes are still just sideshows really, Owen is still priority. Griswold's, oh Griswold's, wherefore art though Griswold's? Drop plz kthx bye. :p

3. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Good job on the Hell D, Tsuki and Xir :thumbsup:

I have an unhealthy fear of him, especially since D has been the demise of more of my characters than beer; although the D + beer combo is mad deadly. Anywho, I should be on tonight leveling up suck boy the merc. All glory to suck boy!

4. CLK

CLK IncGamers Member

Heya peeps, Awer here.

Long time listener,first time poster... At least for the D2 forums.:)

Thanks Xir for the rush to act 5 nm. Nothing really interesting dropped from Mephisto nor Diablo. Picked up a ton of gems and some mid level runes though. I also hit 58 with the trapper in the couple hours I played. I do have a question about act 5 though. Xir said that sometimes the first waypoint is trapped and I was wondering how safe it was with a merc, a shadow master, 800 hp, no real defense, and a 42% chance to block.

I used to lurk around the gmg posts a long time ago, before there was a group of people that split off and went to eq. Formed a guild with them there and eventually became officer and later guildleader.

I'm still getting back into the game so the trapper is basically the only character I have. I play D2 when I'm at home and have nothing better to do in EQ... Which is pretty often. Mostly I'm waiting for WoW, but even then I'll probably still play D2 occasionally.

5. Xir

Xir IncGamers Member

The NM wp trap isn't too bad, just something to be aware of. In Hell, if you get a bunch of slingers, you could be in trouble if you aren't paying attention. It's only deadly to like 400hp chars with no blocking. Didn't mean to freak you out. :)

6. CLK

CLK IncGamers Member

I wasn't freaked out, just curious if I should take the long road up the mountain or if the waypoint was ok to use.:)