Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good Morning TGIF

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Xir, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Xir

Xir IncGamers Member

Good Morning TGIF

Ran around in Hell again. Thought to see JTed, but didn't. But I was on at odd hours as usual.

Mostly mopped up a few quests in A3. Need to pick up Izual, waiting for lvl 85 before HellForge Quest as I've heard that yields better results than sooner. /shrug

Still need all my A5 quests. I'll have to get around to those at some point also.

Busy weekend upcoming as we try to finish the painting in the house before the new flooring goes in.

Other folks had a more exciting time than me, so I'll let them share those things.

2. Maximus

Maximus IncGamers Member

Diablo Walks the Earth!!!

OMG,

Diablo Walks the Earth!

This is the story:

I join a hell game where Xir and Tsuki are in with my druid. Tsuki is awake but sleeps like he does around 8pm EST. I decide to get to Izzy to get my 2 skill points. Moving through the Outter steppes was painful. Halfway through it I see a whole slew of SOJ counter msgs. I'm on edge because those gold letters usually only show up when someone dies. The counter dies off and Xir drops from game from being idle too long.

I tp to town and fix up some food for myself. I do some shopping with Larzuk and after eating return to Outer to finish off the area. I'm about to make my full circle when the SOJ counter starts going again. All of a sudden "Diablo walks the earth" and the screen shakes... I'm in the middle of a big battle, but I get off an "OMG" and Tsuki has responded and is in town.

I frantically go through all my chars to look for anything with Prevent Monster Heal (PMH) but couldn't find it. I thought there was a Hwananin's Belt somewhere on mule but couldn't find it. So in the end I drop as many Full rejuvs as I can muster from my 6 hell chars. Once all that is collected we decide that the Druid and Pally will go at it. We decide to spawn DC in Cold plains where Bish would be. I get my barb to BO tsuki first and return with druid.

We finally find DC and I let out another "OMG" and we start the fight. Armageddon is doing some nice dmg to us and I see a bone cage go up on Tsuk's merc and his merc goes down. I spam hurricane but my druid is drinking pots like no tomorrow. Sage is dying every other second and tsuki is tanking it up real good but he needs town often. I think we get him down half way when things look bleak.

I go through my chars once more to get all the remaining Full rejuvs that I saved the first go through. This time I think the barb would do better. We go get DC again with new artilery and things are better. My barb is tanking it up real good with just Reds. The odd ful rejuv when DC gets a hit on me. His Fire breath is doing zero dmg to me since I have ok resists and a Dwarf Star ring on.

Tsuk's fanat is making the barb swing like he's on crack. Tsuk and I finally wear him down and eventually he falls. That was a lot of fun. A unique charm remained in DC's ashes and I quickly relinquish my right to it so Tsuki had no choice but to take the charm.

All in all it was worth it just to fight him. Now I have a good idea what to expect and think he can be dealt with easy with 1-2 melee and perhaps a caster in the background away from the armageddon. There will be other DC's to fight so no worries about the charm. I'll let tsuki discuss his side of it and the stats of the charm.

Hope to see you guys out there,

/max

3. Maximus

Maximus IncGamers Member

Xir forgot to mention that when he joined the game we had killed DC in he got the msg. Apparently the msg appears for all that join the game and even after he has died. Sorry that you weren't there to experience the crazyness. You'll get your chance.

Xir and I ran around the flayer to get Gidbinn and went to the 'zaar to get the book. I went afk afterwards and the night was over for Xir. Tsuk and I ran some Pit and Ancient Tunnels and called it a night.

/max

4. Jefé

Jefé IncGamers Member

Wow, the first GMG DC encounter, as far as I've heard. Well done.

Well, hello. Not much to report on my end, other than my continuing fascination with the WC3 mod, DotA, and my dissappointment in finding that I don't meet the min. req's for the WoW beta. I had high hopes of being a Mac beta tester, but alas, I suck.

Anyhow, I'm thinking of dropping by sometime in the next few days, if only to say hi.

HI JOX!!!!

btw, this was/is Soc.

5. Joxtur

Joxtur IncGamers Member

SOCCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know who it is.. Sounds like that DC fun was why no one chatted at me.. Still in search for the +2 strength small charm so I can pull up the Atlantean with the +2 skills.. hehehehe

Anyhow, I hope people are around Monday so I can get the party favor through Act V NM and maybe even into Hell.. though, I need to fix some resists.. badly.. hmmm

-Jox

6. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Kick butt and congrats on the DC battle! I thought I was leet when I found a +2 dex charm. You guys own!

Way to spoof, soccer :p

7. Maximus

Maximus IncGamers Member

Meant to say Xir sleeps in the game like he does around that time. DIdn't want to confuse anyone.

8. Maximus

Maximus IncGamers Member

Soccer,

Hey hope to see you around. Yes it's the first DC encounter for us as far as I know. Hope to have more.

9. Maximus

Maximus IncGamers Member

You were on around 10pm? I didn't even notice. I'm pretty dense sometime. I was in a game chatting with someone and Tsuki was in that same game for 30 mins and I had no clue until he throws his 2 cents into the conversation. Was quite funny on my end.

Hope you see you on Monday Joxxy. Whisper me anytime you need something or want to party it up.

/max

10. Joxtur

Joxtur IncGamers Member

whoop, nope, was around at 8, but there were a few people running around in Hell, and I don't have a Hell capable ladder char. Sounds like you guys had fun, though.