Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good Morning Monday

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by maccool, Feb 2, 2004.

1. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Good Morning Monday

Well, there's great news and expected news from the weekend.

Saturday, I popped into the NM game and saw Grim and Xir; Xir being afk as is his m.o.. So Grim and I run pretty much all of A3, I get WPs and he kills stuff. I was using my 1339 sorc and Grim was that pasty, mullet guy.

Meph's drop was unspectacular, Sig's gloves, gold flail thing, and some yellow and blue stuff. After muling, it's on to Act 4 and the stupid gloams. At the start of the game, I call dibs on the first shael rune so I can make the rhyme runeword, Grim calls first unique. We pretty much are cruising, the Dim Vision curse is hilarious, no more ranged attacks. We slam Izzy and go for the Hellforge. I should mention that Grim gets his wish, Kinemat's awl (or however you spell it). We laughed.

Since neither of us has rocked the Hellforge, Grim goes first. Lo and behold! Out pops a shael! We make another game to see if my quest drop will rock the shael. While I'm running around the RoF and stuff, Grim goes afk and his brother jumps on. We made fun of Grim. My Hellforge drop was a Sol, not exactly good.

Grim is reluctant to attack the big D, because he wants to live. I figure we can clear out the CS and then see how we feel about the killing. The CS is no problem and we're wondering what to do when Xir wakes up and joins us just in time to go after the Big D.

Xir's 81 barb brings the pain and the an amazing thing happened. Diablo drops the unique grim hat - the ever elusive Vampire Gaze. There was stunned silence, I had never seen one before. So, to be fair, Grim gets the hat and gives me the shael rune.

Then we mule, as you will see this was a good idea. On to A5! In the frozen river we're mobbed and my merc dies. I have a portal up when I get KO'd by a claw viper. D'oh!

Luckily Grim looted me. I gave him my stealth armor, because his sucked. He also got the rhyme shield. Turns out, when I die, I drop something like a TC59 monster :D

So, back to the start for me! If you see Grim, he's rich now, so bug him for itamz. Like I said, the Vamp Gaze was totally rad! My death was totally expected.

2. Maximus

Maximus IncGamers Member

Sounds like an event Maccool.

I wish I were there. Things are getting a bit slow in Hell. Lvling is really painful and playing solo is dangerous especially in act5.

Well anyway I'll be tricking out the Barb and Javazon soon so they can play hell.

/max

3. JTed8476

JTed8476 IncGamers Member

Well, 2 deaths this weekend then....

LeonRedbone RIP at lvl 77 to some Specters in Hell Arcane. Apparently my Golem was no longer attractive as they started hitting me instead. It was my own stupid fault for standing so close and not having enough meat shields. Only things of note that were lost (Tsuki had loot) were a +40 life GC, +19 life SC, and a 31% GHEED'S THAT I HAD OWNED FOR ALL OF AN HOUR!!!! *doh* Started making RedBonesRevenge and got up to lvl 6 before I had to go to work. I should have him up to 70 by the end of the week with some devoted p/t, and some help from my friends. If anyone is interested in getting me to A2 NM for a Might merc, that would be nice :D

Hope to see some of you on tonight.

4. Maximus

Maximus IncGamers Member

Oh my goodness,

JT so sorry for your loss. Don't you hate it when you find something good and then die with it in your stash or in your inventory.

I'll be away this whole week in Dallas on business but I'll be back on the weekend. If you need help then it won't be hard to turbo you to act5 NM or something like that.

/max