Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good morning and Hello

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thadar, May 10, 2005.

1. Thadar

Thadar IncGamers Member

Good morning and Hello

This is an introduction post I suppose. I have been a lurker in this forum for a long time now and finally decided to join the community.

A little on my personal life maybe for those that care. I live in Oregon, have a cush government job, am married, have a child and generally like to do absolutely nothing. The recliner is my best friend. =)

As for my Diablo past, I started with D1 back in college and took a day off of work *cough* sick *cough* when D2 hit the shelves. That was my one and only preorder cause I didnt get the game til 4:00 that afternoon and my friend went to Gamestop and schmoozed with the staff the night before and they sold him a copy then! Those freaks now make me never preorder anything and I just show up on release day and buy the games.

Well, I played D2 off and on for years. I just keep coming back to it. I will take months off at a time trying other games, but I always seem to come back to good ole reliable. SP has been my realm for most of my D2 life. I play some TCP/IP with my brother and bro in law. Even my old man picks up the game and plays it now and then. Heh, last year when I introduced my Dad to ATMA I thought he was gonna have a heart attack. Lol.

Lets see, Ive read almost every guide on here and tried most, but Ive never stuck with any char long enough to Pat anything. My highest char right now is a Lvl 65 Fishymancer (Thanks Nightfish!) that I just Champ'd last night. :clap: I have almost every class represented, but my Nec and a Tesladin are the highest chars. The assassin seems to fall a tad short on my list though and I may try to pick it up soon and get somewhere with her.

I love to magic find, but never had a character that was any good at it until my fishymancer came along. The best gear I have found would have to be Shaftstop and String of Ears. Woot! =P Pathetic to some, but hella cool to me. I get happy with almost any rune drops. The other night my fishy found a Dol and an Io in the same session and I almost wet myself. Hate to admit it to ya'all cause Ive been playin so darn long, but those are the highest runes Ive ever found. My bonemancer is gonna jump for joy when I find a 2 socketed wand. =) Aside from that, there was a thread on here somewhere about most hated finds. I would like to add Sanders Superstition to that. Boy I hate seein that Green Wand! Odd to say hate seein a green, but you all know the feelin.

Ok, Im sorry this was so long, but I tried to answer as many questions as people might have for me. But if you have more, ask away. =) This is a great community and Im happy to be a part of it.

Thadar

2. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF, Thadar! :)

Enjoy your stay, as i'm sure you will, seeing that you lurked some time before you took the plunge. ;) Good luck on all the playing, and gogo on the Fishymancer!

3. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forum!

Always glad to see a happy customer. :)

4. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF!

.... and please, no more ego-stroking for Nightfish ... methinks his head is going to burst! :lol:

5. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

:p You're just jealous.

6. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Welcome to SPF, Thadar! :howdy:

7. Horobi

Horobi IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums Thadar, I hope you'll feel at home here.

8. Vargas

Vargas IncGamers Member

SPF ni yôkoso (welcome to the SPF)! Put this godly shinguards of running, for your own sake.

*hand over the shinguards*

If you think that they will not stop the shinkickers around here, make good use of the faster R/W :lol: !

And be sure that we are happy too, for have you in our community.

9. LeorictheDark

LeorictheDark IncGamers Member

Welcome Thadar!! What part of Oregon? I live in Portland. *Gives Thadar Shiny Uber Shin Guards of Shinguardiness* Put these on before FB gets here. Once you get a character into Hell Difficulty stop and do some Nightmare Mephisto runs for gear. Shopping Meph = lots of fun, but watch out for the green wands. :D Do you MP?

10. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF, enjoy your stay.

Diablo II 1 Recliner 0:)

11. Thadar

Thadar IncGamers Member

Well, I live in Hillsboro and work in downtown Portland. I take the train (MAX) every morning to work. =P Wanna do lunch? =)

Yes, I do multiplay with my brother, Dad, and Brother In Law over TCP/IP. My time spent on BNet was so bad that I went soley to SP and TCP after meeting all the No Talent Assclowns over there...hmm can I say that? =P However, almost all the folks on here I would trust to mp with. =)

Thadar

12. farting bob

farting bob Banned

*charges in with anti-shin boots of instant bone vaporizer. stops as he sees shin guards*
    ARGHHH!!!!
    Welcome, do not stroke NF's ego, his fishy holds nothing to my fartarian.
    Well, after reading NFs thread on his attempt at a Septiseptavirate (?) =) it appears that his ego is the ONLY thing gonna be stroked for the next few months...
    Anybody who has less than 10 posts cannot say that. i can though. :p

13. Thadar

Thadar IncGamers Member

Well, after reading NFs thread on his attempt at a Septiseptavirate (?) =) it appears that his ego is the ONLY thing gonna be stroked for the next few months... Am I too new to say that? =) Hehe.

Go Nightfish, its quite an ordeal you are undertaking.

Thad

14. TheWormishOne

TheWormishOne IncGamers Member

One introduction response deserves another, or so they say (or should say anyway.) Unless this place suddenly undergoes some giant changes for the worse, I think we'll mostly enjoy our time here.

15. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

Welcome Thadar, enjoy your stay. If you lurked for awhile then you know about FB's problem....it's not contagious. I'm from McMinnville.

16. Thadar

Thadar IncGamers Member

Small freakin world. I was born and raised in McMinnville. =P

17. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

Remarkably small. I work at CSU Fresno and one of the chem profs here went to Linfield.

18. LeorictheDark

LeorictheDark IncGamers Member

Good word. I like it. :cool:

19. Thadar

Thadar IncGamers Member

Lol, nice edit FB. Took me a bit to figure it out. Had to scroll up to see your edit. =P "Wait a minute, I said that!" =P

Thadar

20. Seishinkan

Seishinkan IncGamers Member

Hello and welcome from God's Country (Texas, that is)!