Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good mid level armor

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by IntellectSucks, May 7, 2008.

1. IntellectSucks

IntellectSucks IncGamers Member

Good mid level armor

It seems to me that there is a huge gap between the end of Normal Difficulty and around Clevel 60-70 where the armors all kind of suck. Any advice on armors that will make the end of nightmare and beginning of hell a little bit smoother before you upgrade the really good stuff? Or do I just have a bunch of crappy equipment?

2. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

Re: Good mid level armor

Depending on the build I like to use the Smoke runeword in a mageplate armor, it can be used at 37th level (late normal), has good resists and gets me through nm very well.

3. Erwwwd

Erwwwd IncGamers Member

Stealth works for a long time. And then there's lionheart. Duress for melee characters but it requires an um.

4. Aien

Aien IncGamers Member

What kind of character are we talking about?

Skin of the Vipermagi, Shaftstop, Duriel's Shell, Que-Hegan's Wisdom, Griswold's Heart, Trang-Oul's Scales, Dark Adherent are all some decent mid-level armors that can be had pretty inexpensively.

5. Bob The Barbarian

Bob The Barbarian IncGamers Member

I have used Griswold's armor socketed with TAL RAL and ORT for resistances since about mid normal. I'm now in act 4 Hell and still find the armor adequate (I use a paladin zealer). Most rune worded items add additonal mods to the armor while not uping the def to any great amount (by this I mean, more than the set armor I use). Coupled with salvation, all my resistances are maxed out.

I'm thinking about enigma, not so much as it's a better armor, but for the additional skill levels it grants. This, naturally, is a great boon although I'm sure I could get by without.

Sorc and necro's could use a lower level armor since they don't generally melee individually with monsters but use either spells, minions or elemental attacks to kill from a distance. Again here, the + skills mod becomes a concern in the hell level due to the nature of the beasts found there.

My personal opinion .... Griswold's for a pally, skulders for necro or sorc, mavina's for an amazon, Nat's for an assassin, IK for a barbarian, and Aldur's for a druid. Any of the better set armors should do you well.

6. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

Vipermagi, Shaftstop, Duriel's Shell, Que-Hegan's Wisdom, **

yea. those are pretty sweet Armors if you can't get ur hands on Ruune Words. Fairly Cheap too.