Good MF day! and question

Shuusei

Diabloii.Net Member
Good MF day! and question

Well, I'm just so excited about my good luck today that I had to share it, as well as ask a question. While MFing the pit today, I found a Herald of Zakarum, 2 Wizspikes, a Tal's Armor, and an Ethereal No Socket Berserker Axe. My question pertains to the axe. I want to be absolutely sure that I can get 6 sockets on it. The hell Larzuk quest will always give me six sockets on an ethereal item dropped from the pit, correct? Thanks in advance!

sangfagel

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh lucky day! :winner:
congrats and... yes, I belive you will get 6 sockets... But could you explain me why. Yesterday I found such an axe ane left it on the ground. I coudn´t just find any use for it. Is it tradable?

DeathHawkTheMad

Diabloii.Net Member
!!?? Please tell me you are joking about leaving an ethereal beserker axeon the ground, those things go for 5 high runes now on ladder if you dont care that the runes will be dupes, otherwise you can get a lot of very good stuff fo em like tals or ik armour, soj's etc.

Cujo

Diabloii.Net Member
All items with Ilvl>40 will get max sockets for that item at Larzuk (basically anything found from Act2 NM and forth), so yes the axe will get 6 sockets..

Sangfagel : An ethereal beserker axe is one of the best (if not the best) one handed weapon to make the runeword BoTD in, so yes it is worth alot..(I was so lucky to find one in the Pit, but due to game crash (rollback) I lost it -it made me so mad that I havent played since :xmad: )

Crogon

Diabloii.Net Member
I could be wrong, but I believe that using the Larzuk quest on an ethereal item converts it to non-ethereal. If I ever tried it, it's been ages since I did, and I don't remember whether or not it did. If you do use the Larzuk quest, could you please report back here what happens? Cujo is right, you will definiely get all sockets possible, IF it was dropped on hell difficulty. It is rather difficult to determine an items level, but if a monster drops it, it has the same item level as the monster. All monsters on hell difficulty are over level 40. I am not sure if anyone has ever figured out what level chests drop at. I would guess they drop crude, plain, superior, socketed and ethereal items at that items base item level. That's just a guess though.

Dazuni

Diabloii.Net Member
how much MF you have on your character, I have like 550 (100 with character) but after 15 runs all I have find so far is 1 unique crossbow (gut spihon) 1 low level set ring (cathen) and another set helm that I did not remember but sold to the shop.

may be I am on a very unlucky realm

sangfagel

Diabloii.Net Member
DeathHawkTheMad said:
!!?? Please tell me you are joking about leaving an ethereal beserker axeon the ground, those things go for 5 high runes now on ladder if you dont care that the runes will be dupes, otherwise you can get a lot of very good stuff fo em like tals or ik armour, soj's etc.
Yes... And I exited this game for ca 6h ago mourning my bad luck. Now I continue to mourn - my idiotic ignorance - this time. :D

himeji

Diabloii.Net Member
Dont know whether its true, but some pp say a perfect unique eth. zerker axe beats its botd equilavent damage-wise.

Cujo

Diabloii.Net Member
himeji said:
Dont know whether its true, but some pp say a perfect unique eth. zerker axe beats its botd equilavent damage-wise.
quick calculation :

Eth Unique beserker axe : (125-144) - (356-410)

Eth botd beserker axe : (171-190) - (486-540)

non-eth botd : (113-125) - (324-360)

Cujo

Diabloii.Net Member
Crogon said:
That simply can't be right. What about 45 life skill charms and wf's popping out of chests? There must be another variable somehow, although the ilvl by area bit does make sense.
Windforce is Ilvl 80, and IIRC 45life skillers can spawn on Ilvl 83+ charms, so I believe its correct..
(chests TC's i'm not certain about tho)

adamfgt78

Diabloii.Net Member
Cujo said:
quick calculation :

Eth Unique beserker axe : (125-144) - (356-410)

Eth botd beserker axe : (171-190) - (486-540)

non-eth botd : (113-125) - (324-360)
Don't forget to factor in the 66% Deadly Stike on the unique berserker. This effectively increases your TOTAL damage by a factor of 1.66. So the calculations would look like this:

(207-239) - (591-681)

Pure damage-wise, it would beat out the Eth BotD berserker axe. Whether the other mods on the Botd are worth more than the extra damage depends on the individual character and build.

Cujo

Diabloii.Net Member
adamfgt78 said:
Don't forget to factor in the 66% Deadly Stike on the unique berserker. This effectively increases your TOTAL damage by a factor of 1.66. So the calculations would look like this:

(207-239) - (591-681)

Pure damage-wise, it would beat out the Eth BotD berserker axe. Whether the other mods on the Botd are worth more than the extra damage depends on the individual character and build.
True, but then we should also have this in mind about BoTD :

-its 20% faster, and therefore hits more = more damage
-200% dmg to undead = about 1/3-1/4 of the game it will do way more damage
-30 to all attributes, which means more points to str = more damage
-PMH = more "efficient" damage

Voldemort

Diabloii.Net Member
Dazuni said:
how much MF you have on your character, I have like 550 (100 with character) but after 15 runs all I have find so far is 1 unique crossbow (gut spihon) 1 low level set ring (cathen) and another set helm that I did not remember but sold to the shop.

may be I am on a very unlucky realm
You cannot base on anything after only 15 runs. You have to do a lot more than that