Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good Merc for Meteor SP Sorc?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by MalakReborn, Sep 6, 2006.

1. MalakReborn

MalakReborn IncGamers Member

Good Merc for Meteor SP Sorc?

I'm just doing a Meteor only Sorceress for fun. I was wondering which merc would be best to use in conjunction with her?

2. salvo

salvo IncGamers Member

Orthodox one is Act2 NM offense (Might aura) for more killing power or Defense (Holy freeze) for more safety. If you have a strong two handed sword then Act5 barb is good choice too because he is more aggresive and regenerate insanely. But still, killing power act2 merc > barb merc

3. TheDancinZealot

TheDancinZealot IncGamers Member

Without any real expirience in the situation, I would say that either the Defiance Merc for the sake of his staying alive well, or Holy Freeze in order to slow the units down, which would just plain have to be wonderful for a meteor shower...:shocked:

4. MalakReborn

MalakReborn IncGamers Member

Thank you for quick responses.:smiley:

5. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

I concur on Holy Freeze. The slowing effect is great and affects many monsters, whereas the Might just helps him kill monsters faster one at a time (and helps keep him alive by improving his leech) and Defiance helps keep him alive by making him (and the sorc) harder to hit. Holy Freeze keeps him alive by slowing many monsters, and helps somewhat with Fire Immunes as well, so I think it's a pretty clear call for HF merc. Barbs are strong but the auras make the A2 mercs so much more useful, I would say.

6. FreakII

FreakII IncGamers Member

Well if you can get your hands on some realy realy realy realy (I think thats about enought ;) rare runes, get a normal defense (defense aura) And equip him with a DooM or Ice ;).... LOL ok ok It's insane I know but wouldn't that be just soooo cool.

But on a serious note, the HF merc is probly your best bet.

7. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Well, to reap the maximum benefit of your Meteors you'll want the critters to stay inside those big mats of fire it leaves for as long as possible. When up against fast enemies that runs to and fro A Holy Freeze mercenary helps a lot.

A Holy Freeze Mercenary with a Reaper's Toll (ctc Decrepify) helps even more, if you happen to have one.

As for the ones who suggested Defiance or might, why not go ahead and hire a friggin Barbarian (that is if you can find a decent sword for him)?

8. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I dislike Act II mercs; they dawdle over to monsters, don't regen life quickly and frankly are only of use if they are holding Insight. However, for your build I think you have to go Holy Freeze.

9. Ezeran

Ezeran IncGamers Member

My Lighting Sorc has a defiance merc and currently with a few lucky high defense pieces of gear he can tank bosses perfectly with only a few potions, thus allowing me to stand back and nuke :)

10. salvo

salvo IncGamers Member

Because your sorc is single element, you'll want might aura as priority to kill thing faster. HF and Defiance will provide more safety but if you're keen enough with teleport you should be safe enough. Also your sorc wont gain alot of benefit from Defiance but the merc himself. Happy experimenting