good jewel?

KeNnY-DK

Diabloii.Net Member
good jewel?

I was doing some nm cows to lvl my merc and i noticed a lot of jewels dropping so i picked up one (usually never do) and it had 27% ED and 13 Max dmg on it.. now i was wondering would this be worth anything?

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
KeNnY-DK said:
I was doing some nm cows to lvl my merc and i noticed a lot of jewels dropping so i picked up one (usually never do) and it had 27% ED and 13 Max dmg on it.. now i was wondering would this be worth anything?
It is, but don't expect wonders - That jewel is bugged. It works correctly when socketed into weapons, or as last added socetable to armor (including helms/shields) but it won't work correctly when socketed into armor/helm/shield that already has % enhanced damage.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
When assuming that it's put into a weapon which deals 50 damage, the +13 maxdmg are like 13/2/50 = 13% which means it effecively is a 40%ed jewel then. However, first it's bugged when used elsewhere and second, the calculation would be different anyway if it's put in a non-weapon. It might be an option for a weapon you don't want to invest too much into.

KeNnY-DK

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for the input.. i was only gonna save it if it was worth trading, but i dont need it myself so itll end up as charsi food :D

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
KeNnY-DK said:
thanks for the input.. i was only gonna save it if it was worth trading, but i dont need it myself so itll end up as charsi food :D
if you still have it, you should be able to get a couple handfuls of perfect gems for it. It's not high rune territory, but it's worth much more than the 4k gold you'd get for selling it

KeNnY-DK

Diabloii.Net Member
so i would just go to the trade forum and offer it for some Pgems? :p how many u reckon its worth? only 2? or perhaps 4? :D

Darnoc

Diabloii.Net Member
the level of the jewel might determine how many pgems its worth; lower the better. Just post it in the trade forums for best pgems offer and see where it goes.

BFD

Diabloii.Net Member
helvete said:
It is, but don't expect wonders - That jewel is bugged. It works correctly when socketed into weapons, or as last added socetable to armor (including helms/shields) but it won't work correctly when socketed into armor/helm/shield that already has % enhanced damage.
The +max/min and +%ed jewel will never work properly when socketed into armour. Thrugg does a great job of explaining it in this thread.
Thrugg said:
An item with existing +min/max will cause the bug on any %ed added to it.
Pre-existing %ed is not effected the same way by adding +min/max though, even though future %ed then added after the +min/max will be bugged (but just the future added stuff, the original %ed will still work in full).

Think of it like +min/max adding a barrier that stops %ed of the matching type being added on. The reverse is not true.

So, for paladin shields the bug is not an issue, because they spawn with %ed but not +min/max. You would only see the bug if you added further %ed after adding +min/max, or an ed/max jewel (because with those the game annoyingly adds the +max first then the %ed afterwards).

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Just out of interest, what would happen if you have a rare jewel with %ed and both +min dmg and +max dmg, for example this one ?

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
The ed% would not work at all if the jewel was put in armor.

I want that jewel. :eek:

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:
I want that jewel. :eek:
I want 6 of them, and a superior 15% ed eth 6 socket pike for my merc :D

Edit: However, 18 ists would probably be better spent elsewhere ;)

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
I plan on putting them in a 15% Superior Great Maul. At Clvl 14 I managed to get 465 - 1141 dmg on a sacadin with a 62% ed Great Maul and a Skill Shrine