Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good idea or not so good idea

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by sOaPONaRoPe, May 7, 2005.

1. sOaPONaRoPe

sOaPONaRoPe Banned

Good idea or not so good idea

I just now bought Diablo II. Whoop. Anyways, I'm planning on making a Meterorb Sorceress. Mostly due to the fact that my friends probably have all moved on from Diablo II, and I have no items, at all. So I need to MF.

I just want to make sure this is a good choice to start with.

Soap

2. SwampBox

SwampBox IncGamers Member

D2 or D2X?

3. sOaPONaRoPe

sOaPONaRoPe Banned

Sorry I wasn't very specific. Lord of Destruction.

Soap

4. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

It'd be a good choice, take a look at the sorceress forums for other build ideas too. If you plan on doing a lot of MF runs I would recommend making a sorc that can do Mephisto in Nightmare fairly easy. After you amass some decent items and feel you can take on hell mephisto do that.

Keep gradually building yourself up until you have enough items to get decent gear for an MF hammerdin and do the harder bosses in hell.. That's what I did anyhow.

5. sOaPONaRoPe

sOaPONaRoPe Banned

Yeah, I do plan on doing a lot of MF runs just so I can gradually build up enough items to start on a Hammerdin. BTW, Hammerdins are known for MF too aren't they? And I hear their hammers do much more damage than Meteor, but anyway, that's what I plan on doing for the first couple of months, is MF. So would Meteorb to Hammerdin to ??? be a good choice?

Soap

6. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

i prefer hammerdins since he isnt as fragile as a sorc... well i never got into sorcs too much, energy shield surely helps, but after all, i m happy whit my hammerdin. he can t teleport but he has vigor aura maxed which makes up for this a lil bit

oh and there s always enigma :p :uhhuh:

7. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

Well he isn't item rich. I suggested making a sorc before a hammerdin, because hammerdins are more item-dependant, but a sorc can MF nearly naked if you build her right.

Sorcs can do more damage naked, but a decked out hammerdin is really viable for MFing anywhere, but minimally you would probably need an enigma, so I would go with building yourself up from a sorc before you start a hammerdin.

8. sOaPONaRoPe

sOaPONaRoPe Banned

Thanks for the input. I'm goin to make a meteorb sorceress at first and then move onto the paladin. Which Hammerdin build should I make, because I used to become very frustrated when I spend a lot of time on a build then discover it's viable.

Hammerdin #1: http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=502

Max-Damage Hammerdin #2: http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=535

Again, thanks for the input.

Soap

9. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

I'm not sure, to tell you the truth for the past year I've just been keeping my accounts alive, I probably have some spare equipment and stuff to help you out if you're on Non ladder (i know you're on east). Not to sound like a hard-ass or anything I would just like to remain in contact with you for awhile before I actually give you the items.

The only reason i'm doing that is because, although it may not sound like it now, my favorite days on d2 were my newbie days when I didn't have all of the good items and stuff, building yourself up from zero makes the game a lot of fun and I wouldn't want to take that away from you.

10. sOaPONaRoPe

sOaPONaRoPe Banned

Hey man that's no problem. I have yet to install the game (Mom making me help around the house) but I can be on later tonight. One question I must ask though. Are you still active in Diablo II, or are you one of the people who just kind of drifted away from it. Because if your still active in it, it would be cool to play with you.

Soap

11. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

i cannot agree on that you need good items ( or even a enigma ! ) for a hammerdin... my first char is usualy a hammerdin or a skellimancer

i think hammerdin is as good as meteorb, personal taste question

12. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

Just a little advice. If you really can't afford enigma by the time you get your hammerdin, there are some alternatives.
    although enigma is the only item that gives "true" ability to teleport for non-sorc chars, there are some charged items.
    they have a certain number of charges of teleport you can use and when you run out, you can repair the item and get the charges refilled. they are magic tele charged ammy, spellsteel, and heavily recommended by me, Naj's Staff. I'm not sure but i think thats all. and i think Naj staff is the best because it has +1 to all skills, low Req, and faster cast rate along with a lot of tele charges. and BTW, you if you plan to have one of these on the weapon switch, or as your ammy, i heavily recommend you stock up on Ort runes because the recipe using Ort runes is a lot cheaper than getting it repaired with a lot of money.

13. sOaPONaRoPe

sOaPONaRoPe Banned

Hey ebuski my battle net username is *x]renegade[x, so you or anyone add me and whisper me. I'm on right now.