Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good Grief, Charlie Brown!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by EspressoAddict, Jun 28, 2010.

1. EspressoAddict

EspressoAddict IncGamers Member

Good Grief, Charlie Brown!

After playing for a couple of months and collecting runes and bases, I decided to finally spend that Lo rune Meph dropped for me a while back.

First, made Oath in ethereal bb. Nice! 284%..kinda low. Gave it a go and it chops stuff up real good.

Next, made Grief, in phase blade. 385, not too bad.

So I then go to Trav to kill council. I was laughing so hard I could hardly keep my hand on the mouse! Holy bleep! Soooooo fast! It's like an industrial powered blender how quick they get chopped up. Why did I wait so long to make this?

My question: For those who have made Grief, did you have the same reaction? I've played many builds, and this blows my mind how fast I can kill stuff! :crazyeyes:

2. sylecn

sylecn IncGamers Member

Re: Good Grief, Charlie Brown!

I'm waiting for a Lo for grief. Melee char shines with good weapons.
    I guess your experience shows that the Lo is well paid off.

Are you using a WW build or a Frenzier? What other gears are you using?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  3. Smips

Smips IncGamers Member

It's basically the be-all, end-all weapon for melee characters. I used it before my giveaway on my trav runner and made a few paladins with it. It was great for the trav runs, but I felt that questing with it was boring. It sliced through everything and really made finishing the game meaningless for me.

4. xxnothing

xxnothing IncGamers Member

I am using Oath + upped Butcher's Pupil on my Trav-running whirly barb at the moment... Am considering Grief...but still hesitant to spend my Lo...
    Sounds like the right thing to do though!

5. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Grief does make a mess of them. Although I really couldn't tell the difference between it and my eth Oath highland blade (even cheaper). Presuming you played hell in p8 then. Wait till you try it with buffer's in the game. You fear NOTHING! noth-THING!

6. Hammy

Hammy IncGamers Member

Grief is an absolute beast...

Smips is right, it really totally trivializes any and all PVM content in the hands of a decent build. I have one that I use on my Meph-running Barb, and he kills nearly as fast as my Blizz Sorc. The run times are only a tad slower and he cannot Teleport. I doubt I will ever use it for general questing because it just feels... wrong. Especially so, considering the work I put into my eBotD.

If you only have one Lo, I would make a Fortitude before a Grief. It is much more versatile and allows you to make use of the myriad of "good" weaoons out there. I only made a Grief because I had an insane run of Lo runes - two from Pindle and one from Countess within a week or so.

-Hammy

7. buckies

buckies IncGamers Member

Titan WW barb with Dual Grief in 1.07 zerkers = GG Council

8. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

I had that reaction. I made dual grief's because I had some Lo's lying around for years ... made the grief's since I reached that point where I said "what the hell?"

Man, when I equipped them and ran through Trav on p3 ... it was just plain stupid.