Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

good fps rating?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by fahartle, Nov 18, 2006.

1. fahartle

fahartle IncGamers Member

good fps rating?

Hey all! I had some bad luck with connection interrupts during my last uber attempt (lost a full set of keys with only a brain to show for it). I thought this time I'd try the /fps command and try and ensure a stable game. Is this worthwhile? Can someone tell me what those figures mean and what ping numbers I should shoot for? Thanks!

2. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I find the /fps command isn't so helpful in determining whether a game is laggy or not. I make the red portals one at a time, so I can only ever lose one keyset at any given time. I also perm the game before doign anything, which means mf runs - by the time five minutes have passed I know whether the server the game is on is going to give me problems or not.

3. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

In theory it would help, but I don't think the ping updates enough (especially when it is very high).

If you perm the game, and you leave right before you might get a C/I and the game dropped, will the game get dropped without you in it?

4. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

If the game is permed, it will remain open for five minutes with no one in it after the last person leaves. The only time the game would be unavailable after a C/I in this case is if the server that particular game is on went down, and took all the games on that server with it.