Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good For Daggermancer?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Gix, May 2, 2005.

1. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

Good For Daggermancer?

Look here .

What do you think? Needs to be upgraded.

2. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

With that kind of weapon poison dagger may not be useful since the stats suggest that you attack hard and often. I don't know much about upgrading exceptional daggers but it depends on how much more base damage you get out of the bone knife. Seems like a great melee weapon if not for the range problems inherent in daggers

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I would use the upgrade runes to trade for a fleshripper.

4. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

Just trying to be creative here cut me some slack. :teeth:

5. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

but why do you want to upgrade it in the first place? as a daggermancer, you will rely on poison damage, right?
    Upgrading will give you a little more phys damage, but not enough to kill anything anyway. The only thing you will notice is higher reqs. I wouldnt upgrade. Runes are better spent elsewhere.
    But its nice, since its fast and has fools mod. AR is important. Keep and try to use. If it fails, trade for some unique dagger.

6. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

True, true. Forget the upgrade then. I just like seeing damage above 90s. :rolleyes:

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Well ED and IAS never hurt. There's nothing wrong with additional damage from any source and IAS will always reduce your chances of your attack being interrupted even though a daggermancer has no real need to hit more than once.

An ideal rare dagger will have the best possible poison on it, cause enemies to flee and/or have knockback, have sockets for p damage enhancement items, and give a bonus to necro skills. The only ability on that dagger that really suits a daggermancer is the high AR.

Furthermore, it's not a crappy rare, just not a particularly great one. You can get up to 40% IAS and rares can beat even BotD for enhanced damage if you get really lucky. Upgrading rares is expensive. I would wait for something better before upgrading.

8. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

As a Daggermancer you can rely on poison. You can also try to be a bit more creative and actually use your dagger for prolonged attacks. You won't hit every time you strike so you will still be able to let the poison work in between hits. It is just another form of damage. If you choose to use the dagger for the heavier melee work you can also try to get mods like CB, OW and DS.