Good Duels to morotsjos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Duels to morotsjos

Being as we are both banned here I didn't figure anything would get posted, but I figured, what the hell I can always register a new email and come chat with my old friends at dii.net.

Amongst 200+ ping on my side, 50 or less on his while he was hosting, I won the first two, lost the next two. He couldn't join my host so we dueled in some pubs on open bnet, me with about 150 ping him with 200+ and i won two and he won two. We also learned that one unblocked string of furies can take 6k+ life =) (that was with grief/probobly hitting 80% ds hits)

So, although the ping was high and it is hard to tell anything, it is obvious that a BvC won't 10-0 a fury all the time, and most certainly won't win vs 7 at a time.

Caninja

Diabloii.Net Member
Thx for letting us know ink, was waiting to hear results. Kind of confirms what I've noticed from dueling other bvc's. Its a pretty good and even matchup against good BvCs. I believe you are pure fury and not a fury/rabies hybrid correct? Mind letting us know what u used?

Thx for letting us know ink, was waiting to hear results. Kind of confirms what I've noticed from dueling other bvc's. Its a pretty good and even matchup against good BvCs. I believe you are pure fury and not a fury/rabies hybrid correct? Mind letting us know what u used?
I am not quite pure fury as I do use summons.

First few duels I used glitched robo berzerker axe - which is an ethereal indestrucatable 95ias (4 frame fury) axe - 333 max dmg iirc.

Then I switched to Botdz.

Last couple of duels were with Grief Phase (which I don't like because of low range)

Anyhoo, gear:

ed/fhr jalals
archon fort
shael storm
verds
gores
steelrends (didn't want to lifetap)
2x ravens
highlords
6bocta/spirirt switch
37 3/20/20 torch and anni

Skills:

Fury, Spirit of barbs, poison creeper, ravens, spirit wolves.

Logic behind SoB and spirit wolves: 6 summons means that his ww is hit checking at things around me, and not on me all the time. SoB makes it impossible for him to leech with the gear he is using (oak sage makes it possible to leech off both the oak sage itself as well as the summons).

Ravens are a visual distraction, and can make him block as he comes out of a ww. Not common but it's a 1 point investment.

Poison Creeper: The mats do lots of damage. It might say that it does 70 damage, but it can definately do 200+ pvp. Actually I belive morotsjos actually told me the when i summoned a creeper right under his feet while he was trying to unshift me with dooms that he had ~200 life left and the creeper killed him as it popped out of the ground.

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator
what setup did you wolf use?

And was there a massive ban when I'm not around?
yes, to say the least...

on topic - I still think that in a non-lag environment barb is better than werewolf. At the same time props to those playing the underdog class :thumbsup: Werewolves are fun and I sure hope to revive mine...

Mike

yes, to say the least...

on topic - I still think that in a non-lag environment barb is better than werewolf. At the same time props to those playing the underdog class :thumbsup: Werewolves are fun and I sure hope to revive mine...

Mike
But look at this:

I had 250+ ping, he had 50- ping when he was hosting. Anyways, I am in no way saying that fury is even equal to a BvC. In the hands of a skilled player such as morotsjos, they are a very very hard duel, require a lot of patience, a lot of summoning to create hit checks, and a lot of trying to time shift furies at clip range. WW has the advantage, and will do it's job more than 50% of the time. That a fury wolf can be competitive is all I was trying to prove, which I did. WW is still > Fury.

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator
But look at this:

I had 250+ ping, he had 50- ping when he was hosting. Anyways, I am in no way saying that fury is even equal to a BvC. In the hands of a skilled player such as morotsjos, they are a very very hard duel, require a lot of patience, a lot of summoning to create hit checks, and a lot of trying to time shift furies at clip range. WW has the advantage, and will do it's job more than 50% of the time. That a fury wolf can be competitive is all I was trying to prove, which I did. WW is still > Fury.
I do know what you mean, plus I really have a lot of respect for those who wish to master the non-cookie cutter builds. Again, werewolves are great chars when it comes to the fun factor and it is always great to hear that they can do well in pvp as well. Both fury and rabies hurt a lot when applied, I've learned it the hard way :rolleyes:

Mike

Clay bizzle

Diabloii.Net Member
This thread made me happy and restored my faith in this forum. I haven't checked it in over a week. Somewhat suprised with all the bands too. As a wolf player (among other builds) and ladder player I am happy to see the flaming down to a minimum. I still think Ink should be allowed to post though! I mean C'MON! Have you seen how cute he is???

morots

Banned
what is this? pretty funny how you said that you didn't care about these duels and considered them as fun/tests but still counted (poorly i might add since we did a total of 15+ duels) and actually thought i played seriously after the first few times. do you really think i would play that recklessly if i cared about winning?
i gladly admit that you scared me at first by using spirit of barbs, which i thought was equal to iron maiden and made me suicide for no reason.
as soon as i realized the damage returned was negliable i started playing as usual and you couldn't do more than stout, and that was for more than two duels. after that you admitted yourself that you _knew_ that barb>druid.
with 400 ping i stood no chance whatsoever, no surprise though. clicked exactly as i should but died anyway.
anyway drawing conclusions from our laggy duels is just stupid but i guarantee you that the way i flawlessly killed you in the beginning is pretty easy to accomplish even when druid doesn't lag. barb just have to play a bit more tactical and defensive.
barring occassional lagspikes or human screwups i am more sure than ever that barb who actually tries will kill any shaper every single time, especially if you consider max dr (i forgot to berber my coa), fort and widow. and the main problem in 7v1 would be mana.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Clay bizzle said:
This thread made me happy and restored my faith in this forum. I haven't checked it in over a week. Somewhat suprised with all the bands too. As a wolf player (among other builds) and ladder player I am happy to see the flaming down to a minimum. I still think Ink should be allowed to post though! I mean C'MON! Have you seen how cute he is???

The bans were a good thing, cleaned this place up a bit from the incessant flaming. Of course, we'll have people consistently coming back with new accounts for a bit while the mods ban them again (as has been proven), but the day that they start handing out bans (or taking bans away) on the basis of our physical appearance is the day that I will lose all respect for these forums.

Ce Olba

Banned
The bans were a good thing, cleaned this place up a bit from the incessant flaming. Of course, we'll have people consistently coming back with new accounts for a bit while the mods ban them again (as has been proven), but the day that they start handing out bans (or taking bans away) on the basis of our physical appearance is the day that I will lose all respect for these forums.
I am not sure where I read it from, but I remember a mod saying something about IP ban being the judgment for those who are troublesome. I think I can conclude that constantly banning the same people over and over again makes those people "troublesome".

And yes, I'm happy to finally see morotsjos banned. His attitude has changed too much to the worse in the last half a year. His posts were nothing more but useless +1's with "wolves blow" at the end.

As for unbanning, I think that if the offense is light enough and there have been no new accounts for the individual in an amount of time, he could be unbanned.

disc

Diabloii.Net Member
the best way to prevent being banned is to get your post count up to 24k
24k> 541 or 2,338

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator
And yes, I'm happy to finally see morotsjos banned. His attitude has changed too much to the worse in the last half a year. His posts were nothing more but useless +1's with "wolves blow" at the end.
Good for you :thumbsup:

I however think that despite his posts being rather rude they were on topic unlike your ones about your life, friends, maths and definitions of words...

As far as his posts being "+1s" well, so are yours quite often so please refrain from preaching here...

I for one am not happy that he was banned but that is an issue between him and the mod.

As far as the topic is concerned I still consider barbs to be superior to wolves. It is nice if they have a trick or two up their sleave but it can be countered in most cases. E.G. using wolves for minion stack is an invitation to use string of ears and leech of those wolves if needed etc.

Wolves hurt a lot but I cannot imagine a barb consistently losing to one in serious duels. In fun ones, sure I can imagine it easily.

Mike

Ce Olba

Banned
Good for you :thumbsup:

I however think that despite his posts being rather rude they were on topic unlike your ones about your life, friends, maths and definitions of words...
Well, everyone has their own fun, right? Mine is like that. And no, my life is not so important. But life in general is.

As far as his posts being "+1s" well, so are yours quite often so please refrain from preaching here...
Well, you might be correct.

O.

morots

Banned
and i care so much what a socially rejected ignorant retarded dumbass geek who wont accomplish anything whatsoever in his whole useless excuse for a life like you thinks. oh wait, no i dont...
nothing has changed btw, wolves are still inferior to basically everything, you are still a moronic wannabe with inferiority-complex and this forum is still made up of 99% theorycrafting nerds who suck at this game and lack common sense but still for some idiotic reason get badly upset when someone who doesn't speaks truth. oh yeah i still await that 7v1 in euro ladder/nl if some of these blabbering randoms get the guts to stop talking and actually duel.

Imbecile

Diabloii.Net Member
and i care so much what a socially rejected ignorant retarded dumbass geek who wont accomplish anything whatsoever in his whole useless excuse for a life like you thinks. oh wait, no i dont...
nothing has changed btw, wolves are still inferior to basically everything, you are still a moronic wannabe with inferiority-complex and this forum is still made up of 99% theorycrafting nerds who suck at this game and lack common sense but still for some idiotic reason get badly upset when someone who doesn't speaks truth. oh yeah i still await that 7v1 in euro ladder/nl if some of these blabbering randoms get the guts to stop talking and actually duel.
Imposter LAWL ;\

Status
Not open for further replies.