good computer game suggestions

redpatcher28

Diabloii.Net Member
good computer game suggestions

any good RTS or turned based games out? i got paid and figured it was time to buy another game.

MegaCharger

Diabloii.Net Member
Anything WarCraft or StarCraft, but I guess you already own those. To be honest most new strategy games now are just a bunch of crappy clones of the few great games. Or you could try Civilization 3.

Smelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Command and Conquer: Red Alert, Warcraft 3, Jagged Alliance 2, Age of Empires series, Barney vs. Godzilla: The Sons of Dinos, Toy Story: Battlegrounds...

Knights of the Old Republic. Haven't played it but computer gaming world gave it 5/5 and made it their game of the year.

Icarus

Diabloii.Net Member
command and conquer generals and zero hour expansion. very good RTS game in the C&C series. may want to try out red alert 2 if you like RTS games.

or you can try age of empires 2 and the expansion: conquerers. also another very good RTS.

TheDarkSide

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore
Iv'e recently delved into Never Winter Nights . D&D 3rd edition based , and its a blast . Be sure to get the 2 - xpacs - Shadows of Urantide , and Hordes of the Underdark ..

Rassilon666

Diabloii.Net Member
I mentioned it in another thread, and they arent exactly new games, but if you havent played bungie's Myth:the fallen lords and Myth II:Soulblighter you should check them out. excellent RTS series (my all time favorite), and you can probably find them for cheap. There are a ton of add ons/mods/completely new stories available also.
there is a myth III, but it was developed by a different team, and didnt seem as good as the first 2.

tup_tup

Diabloii.Net Member
Forget all these modern games and get some games that are actually good. I would reccomend Fallout, X-Com or Masters of Magic. You could get all three for the same price as a new game and all these are awesome titles.

Pidder

Diabloii.Net Member
Canadia142 said:
Knights of the Old Republic. Haven't played it but computer gaming world gave it 5/5 and made it their game of the year.
I would definitely not give it a 5/5. Sure, it's a decent game and the graphics are great but it's nothing that hasn't been done before.

Baldur's Gate 2 is old, but it's still the best game I have ever played.

Maverikk

Diabloii.Net Member
I tried the Blitzkrieg demo and I liked what I saw, though not really being a fan of RTS outside of C&C and SC, I didn't really want to buy it. You might like it however. It's a WW2 RTS, and you play between the Russians, the ****s, and the Americans. It's completely strategy driven and has little gimmicks. You can have a bunch of fanciful tanks and a horde of bombers and a AA and one well placed tank can devastate all that.

th5418

Banned
Canadia142 said:
Kotor is more of a RPG than RTS.

AluminumKnight

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm going to recommend Rise of Nations. I have to admit, the first few times I played, I thought that it was simply an AoE clone, but it's not. It's really a great game. The national border concept is well done, and you don't end up with people building towers practically inside your base.

redpatcher28

Diabloii.Net Member
MegaCharger said:
Anything WarCraft or StarCraft, but I guess you already own those. To be honest most new strategy games now are just a bunch of crappy clones of the few great games. Or you could try Civilization 3.

yeah i didn't like warcraft, played diablo out, and starcraft is one of those get bored of it for a couple months then play again type games. i got real sick of civilization 3 for some reason, i hate the ai and it was just like blah. played civ 2 though, hehe best game ever

redpatcher28

Diabloii.Net Member
Icarus said:
command and conquer generals and zero hour expansion. very good RTS game in the C&C series. may want to try out red alert 2 if you like RTS games.

or you can try age of empires 2 and the expansion: conquerers. also another very good RTS.
red alert two was awesome but my brother took it with him to college heh
i have aoe, just got done playing it all over again, i downloaded it this time tho after losing the cd