Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good company for fishymancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by eljueta, Aug 3, 2010.

1. eljueta

eljueta Diabloii.Net Member

Good company for fishymancer

Hi all, me and a friend of mine recently had an urge to play diablo2 again, and we've decided that he should play a fishymancer. I've played one back in the day, among tons of sorceresses. As this will be his character, what do you guys think would be a nice build to accompany him? I was thinking hammerdin but I'm afraid to get bored, so any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Good company for fishymancer

Well a paladin build in general would be nice for the supporting auras. A Barb could be useful to a point for BO if you don't plan on investing in a CTA anytime in the future of your career's.
    A sorc is also plausible to use since your friend can use lower resist at level 30 to help your damage(and void the need for a infinity to boost your damage).

It all depends though what class and build you would prefer to keep from getting bored really.

Things to keep in mind I suppose is that a fishy isnt going to be meleeing and meatshields for the lack of a better term will be doing the work; so anything to support minions would be welcome and or anything that you can benefit from yourself from your friends curse's(if he does choose to invest 1 into all curses to give him a array of options) would be a viable choice.

3. eljueta

eljueta Diabloii.Net Member

well, i don't think we'll be investing in items for the future, since we don't have a lot of time to play the game. Hence, i'm looking for fairly item-independent builds.

4. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Diabloii.Net Member

Well there isnt many class's that are non-item dependent..since for the most part...eq is going to be a big determining factor of your success rate in hell (skills as well if you arn't following a build for some reason).

You could look into reasonably cheap builds like maybe look into a meteorb sorc using a full tall set; or a Ik barb. Could also use a wolf build and go for the ribby build which is cheap.

More or less though your going to have to invest some sort of funds into some kind of eq; it doesn't need to be uber by any means. You can find reasonably priced eq off people and those wanting to get rid of items quickly for cheap.

What you may want to look into is a build that can also Mf to a point so if you got an hr or two too yourself you can mf some and see if you can find some items to sell to fund your mid level eq to get by in hell.

Luckaly your friend using a fishy wont need too much eq and can get most of what he needs for cheap. I would say look into low item based builds and just work for better gear one at a time ( What i did starting from scratch a month ago and i found everything i need solo to fund my high end eq.)

gl with what you decide though

5. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat Diabloii.Net Member

Pally with damage boosting aura like concentration, conviction or fanatacism, or druid using HoW. Both can boost skellie damage alot. BO isn't really needed as skellies regenerate very quickly.

6. stephan

stephan Diabloii.Net Member

Enchantress with Frozen Orb as main attack for the sorc. Enchant all the skellies and revives and get lots of extra fire damage. It's more co-op than having one guy being a walking aura or curse machine.

Also, static gives CE some of it's shine back lost by higher player count.

7. shazbot

shazbot Diabloii.Net Member

A sorceress would probably work nicely. They're pretty gear-independent, and the way I play my CL/FO sorc, I let my merc tank while I cast chain lightning everywhere, so if I had a fishy's minions to tank for me it would save me so much work from constantly having to prevent my merc from dying.

8. Karth

Karth Diabloii.Net Member

This has my vote for the best synergy with a fishymancer.

9. TurtleBay

TurtleBay Diabloii.Net Member

A hammerdin would work very well - they are a caster who does magic damage, thus diversifying your skeleton and mercs physical damage and your CE Fire/Physical, and the concentration aura works well. With all of the minions around him and a holy shield, resists and a few + to skills are all that the hammerdin should actually need from gear.

10. nurman

nurman Diabloii.Net Member

Wind druid or Zealer. Also Fireball / Orber sorceress works (Enchant all skeletons :D)

11. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 Diabloii.Net Member

:welcome: to the forums

Assuming lowish budget (pre Enigma), it has to be a sorc. Teleport + Static will greatly increase your range of targets and speed of runs.

Imho the "best" pairing for 2 new chars would be Barb+Sorc (Read as free CTA+Enigma), but Fishy+Sorc wouldn't be too far away from the top either.

12. DH Amazon

DH Amazon Diabloii.Net Member

Bow ama is nice with summoner. That way you can both play as in that team there are no support chars.
    As your friend is using amp curse, its easy task for ama to kill couple monsters so he can explode those.
    for example Edge (Tir Tal Amn) or Harmony(Tir Ith Sol Ko) are good enough bows.

13. Qwink

Qwink Diabloii.Net Member

I would go for a sorc using enchant and chain lightning. Frozen orb is bad because it shatters corpses which a fishy really needs. By enchanting all skellies the damage goes way up. and lightning and chain lightning does great area damage so the skellies can easily pick off weakened monsters.
    A paladin with conc or fana would also be great but it leans a bit too much on physical damage.

14. Millipede

Millipede Diabloii.Net Member

i was gonna suggest a fury amazon, but a bow amazon would still be really fun too. probably better than fury since you wouldnt have to worry too much about mana that way.

15. DH Amazon

DH Amazon Diabloii.Net Member

Fury is good very good too.

I played necro while my friend played bow-ama. It was good team, as she used multi, so pretty much all monster are under poison/open wounds, so its stopped life regeration. With multi all monster are half-dead (like huge range static) when I started using corpse explosion.
    We used might merc with insight and rogue merc with harmony bow, so it was fast moving killing machine for area clearings.

Necro might need little higher amp curse than usual to cover almost same area as multi.

16. nurman

nurman Diabloii.Net Member

Vengeance + Conviction paladin would be a VG company for a fishy, nothing is immune to vengeance and convi reduces resists + monster defences.

17. lumpor

lumpor Diabloii.Net Member

Some partners would be more fun than others, but if you want as much power as you can get, an enchantress is hands down the best option, no constest at all. Your 10+ skeletons would all have the power to one-shot or two-shot monsters by themselves.

And if your friend would use a maxed frozen orb with 1 point in cold mastery, he/she wouldn't be bored either.

18. HuggaBear

HuggaBear Diabloii.Net Member

Enchantress works well as meteorb imo, though if they always partner up it's plausible to only use the fire tree...

19. TheRebel22

TheRebel22 Diabloii.Net Member

I'm playing a fishymancer and a friend I met yesterday was bowazon (LMAO at first I had 'blowing zon' typed haha). We ran through normal and nightmare, all of it, in a couple hours together no sweat. Amp + decent bow = own. With skellys to tank and CE, wow. We didn't have a single problem besides gloams in NM a5 occasionally if they were stacked on the WSK2 wp.

20. HuggaBear

HuggaBear Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah tbh I cant think of anything that doesnt work with necros, especially duos, necros, fishymancers moreso than others (if they curse well) are very good party members...huge meat shield, lots of distraction, killer support spell (CE) and curses to boot. It's more a case of what does your friend wanna play! But Enchantresses are the best to up killing power of a summonmancer!