Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good build...or waste of time?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by AresXVII, Sep 8, 2006.

1. AresXVII

AresXVII IncGamers Member

Good build...or waste of time?

first time post on here, long time player of D2 lod

i dont have much experience with necros, but i like the armies and im just wondering if this is a good build...
    20 skele mastry
    20 skele
    20 clay golem
    20 bone spear
    1 mage
    1 revive
    1 summon resist
    few golem mastry
    (and some one point into each synergy skill to aid my bs)

i got just enough strength to wear what i need, but i could use some help on the other stats

2. grimreaperofsouls

grimreaperofsouls IncGamers Member

thats not too good of a build
    heres wat u need
    20 skele mast
    15 skele
    10 mage
    20 revive
    1 clay
    15 golem mast
    1 summon res
    1 amp dmg
    20 Corpse explosion
    1 resistance reduce thingy
    rest pre req.

3. AresXVII

i like the feedback, but from here on out, can you please explain WHY my build sucks, and/or why urs is better because that would really help me, besides just saying, do this. thanks for all the help in advance

4. grimreaperofsouls

grimreaperofsouls IncGamers Member

Why Mine is better: I think you max out on summoning skellies at lvl 15
    2.Revives are great tanks, especially Urdars
    3. Bone Spear is not very good with out Synergies
    4. Corpse Exp. is an awesome crowd killer
    5.Mages are good for poisoning/Slowing enemies
    6. 1 point in clay is perfect extra points just increase dmg, you only need him for slow effect
    7. Curses help everyone out They're your friends:badteeth:
    8 Golem mastery give your golems more health
    9. only one point into summon res is all you need, it increases by 1 after that which you dont need

5. AresXVII

So what you are sayin is to...
    MAX OUT:
    corpse explosion
    skele mastry
    golem mastry
    ?skeletons?
    ?revives?
    ?mages?

and have a few in:
    1 clay golem
    1 summon resist

Curses will be obtained from gear, no need to spend skill points

(if this build is "off" of what u suggest, please elaborate)
    112 total skillpoints available
    102 realisticly available for me, if you want, please divi up the 102 in the best build for me, and the corresonding str, dex, vit, and energy points needed

6. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Here's your feedback:

Skeleton and skeleton mastery is good...and will be the strength of your build.

Gumby (clay) only needs to have 1 point into it...as well as golem mastery and summon resist.

Bone spear isn't needed since it is the only P/B skill you have...and won't have alot of damage behind it with only itself.

Mages are good and I use them on my summoner...so if you go with mages use the extra points that you was going to use from gumby in them instead.

Don't waste points maxxing revives...only 1 point is needed and with your +skills you would have enough to take care of whatever you would face. (mine has 13 revives from +12 skills)

If you want to be a bone/summoner build...I'd suggest following Dracoy's guide for it...here it is:

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=174269

Although it was for pvp...the skills are almost the same...and since the marrowalk bug doesn't work just add to that as well if needed.

HoS

7. HarbingersOfSkulls

And that's not too much better of a build.

You don't bother maxxing skeletons...same with the mages...you then insist on maxxing revives when they are stupid compared to both skeletons and mages/last 3 minutes/ and whens the last time you've tried to maintained 20-30+ skeletons with your +skills?

Then you waste yet another 14 points into golem mastery for a summoner build that is not a golemancer and doesn't need it...and the only curse that you choose to use is amp?

The only thing in this build I'll agree with (if the original thread starter was making a fishymancer) is CE...but since he did mention using bone spear then it doesn't make it a fishymancer now.

And lets not forget that with all the mana you will be using to keep your revives up (insight or mana potions don't matter) why would you CE bodies that you will be using for the revives?

HoS

8. AresXVII

so you suggest i do
    20 skele
    20 skele mastry
    20 mage
    1 revive
    1 clay golem
    (1 all other golems for the bonuses?)
    1 golem mastry
    1 summon resist

and then with my leftover stats should i....
    20 corpse explosion

any suggestions with the leftover stats?
    and what about the str, dex, vit, and energy points, granted they change with each build, but for the ^above^ stated build, where should i dump the stats?

9. Loki Mundane

Loki Mundane IncGamers Member

I agree with harbinger, I have made zookeepers and boners and for the summoners you looking for.

max skelly mastery

15-20 points in skelly..it depends on the person but again the max number stops at about 15

1 point in amplify....amazing skill if you are using summons.

clay golem.1 point is good to slow..if you want a tank you can put more into it but its no necessary.(if you are going to commit to a tank then go strictly golem no skelly)

mage... Imo mages are kind of a waste. The damage is minimal the cold mages are best because they slow the enemy but to my knowledge you cant control what kind of mage you summon.

spear... not really useful unless you really commit to bone skills

corpse explosion --AMAZING... 1 point is good as after that it just increases the distance of the attack .. great on cows

revives.. I like revives but i don't max them out usually about 5 points into them. not all of us are lucky enough to get +12 skills.

bone shield... I cannot tell you how many times this has personally saved my butt...about 3-5 points

summon resist. I usually spend the rest of my points on.

This has always worked for me, just keep an eye on how your skellies are doing and adjut accordingly.....

p.s try to find an arm of king leoric...it is great for what you are trying to do..
    got mine mf'ing nm meph
    hope this helps

10. HarbingersOfSkulls

Leftover points can go into CE because you will ahve enough leftover after those to take care of it...also I'd suggest getting your curses from amp to decrep and dim vision at least.

For pvm...I'd go with strength-100 dex-zero vitality-rest energy-nothing.

100 strength allows you to wear most armors and if you have a skullder's (mf armor) then you will need 97 strength just to wear it.

As for dex...some people max it and others don't...it also depends on what equipment that you have as well.

Vitality...you only get 2 life per point into it but every bit helps.

Energy gets zero because you can use mana potions to fill it up when needed or can use the insight runeword to keep it filled up much faster.

You will need to put 1 point into the other golems (except for fire) to get to the revives...and gumby is the best golem to use for a summoner build.

For a merc you will want a NM act2 offensive merc (gives might) which makes your skeletons even tougher damage wise...along with your revives.

HoS

11. AresXVII

not a thorns merc?

12. Cope

Cope IncGamers Member

Thorns isn't very useful anymore. The might will improve all your skeletons' and merc's damage.

13. valkor

valkor IncGamers Member

Personaly, I think bone/summoners are a waste. It's impossible to properly synergize the bone skills while still having a worthwhile army of the undead.

This is what I typicaly use for summoners:
    20 RS
    20 SM
    20 RM
    1 into everything else on the summoning tree, perhaps a few more into GM if you think you actually need it. +skills should really take care of you though, even if you're poor like me. If you end up liking revives (remember, they're on a timer that doesn't increase with levels), feel free to dump some there. Mind you, I've seen some amazing pure revive armies before, just laying waste to anything in their path.

As for curses, there's a huge debate about how to go about helping your army kill faster. It basicaly boils down to lower resist + mages vs. amp damage/decrepify + warriors. As you can see, I have both in my army (in copious amounts, too). Since the warriors are the front lines with the mages being artillery, I use amp damage or decrepify (decrep if at all possible) so they can just slaughter before breaking through to my mages. This works very good in practice. Hell/Hell runs are still doable with neigh a single mage dieing on me! I also typicaly don't waste my points in other curses aside from Iron Maiden, which is very useful against bosses (mind you it does half the damage) and sometimes the cow level.

Probably the most important thing in this build is having a might merc, or having your merc throw off Fanatacism (huzzah!). Prior to having a might merc, I use a Defiance merc so everyone takes less damage. This doesn't work too good, but it will hold you over if you're soloing. Just remember to keep working on upgrading your own armor since you'll suffer more than your skelletons will when you switch to a might merc.

This build is more or less my own adaptation of the Fishymancer or Meleemancer build, but I call it a "Pure Summoner" in my mind, since I never touch the bone tree, aside from some random +bone shield wand on occasion when clearing A1 for the first time.

Well, best of luck!
    :fortuneteller:

14. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Max number of skeletons raises witk more than 15 points. I once had a necromancer with 14 skeletons, the number of skeletons you can summon increases by 1 every 3 skill levels.

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=349093
    Try Nightfish's guide, it may help you with some ideas about a summoner. It's a masterpiece of a guide, and a well proven build.