Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gone HC, brb

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by neumein, May 12, 2008.

1. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Gone HC, brb

I'm giving up SC (for now), and am joining the dark side. I've archived all my characters and items (may host a giveaway or something down the track, or maybe so I can have some living characters to come crawling back to :grin:).

HC seems to be better for me as a player, even with the safety net that is SC, I find I still play cautiously, divide up crowds, reposition merc/minions, make use of terrain etc, but SC has made me grow complacent (spelling? doesn't look right.) as a player, and I think the switch to HC will freshen things up for me, and besides, who doesn't that surge of adrenaline when that bosspack turns out to be fanaticism/extra strong/cursed, and you have no way out? :wink3:

So here goes nothing, and I should hope to have a mat/pat thread out in the not-so-distant future. For reference, I intend to make a Fishymancer or Sorc for MF/area running so I can build some i33+ itamz, and we'll take it from there.

Wish me luck! :thumbsup:

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Re: Gone HC, brb

Good luck!

As you already play cautiously, HC shouldn't be such a big shock. My personal "that was dumb" move tends to be rushing through doorways, getting trapped and dying.

The "I'll just run through here and not kill anything" works in the sense that you haven't got to worry about getting it cleared if you die but if you do get into difficulty you have no way out.

Enjoy. Looking forward to that Guardian thread.

3. Morathi

Morathi IncGamers Member

You have made the right choice, when i tried out HC i was instantly hooked and have never looked back at SC.

The goal of achieving a guardian is something i am still trying to achieve despite the fact i play at the hardest level possible (HC, Untwinked, Single pass, only play tournaments, no ATMA at all, no RRM + RWM and i always play unorthodox builds, i avoid cookie cutting at all costs).

So once i achieve a guardian, i can just tell i will be over the freakin moon :grin:.

Anyway enjoy HC and hopefully you can get some guardians.

4. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Welcome to the land of HC. You should keep your SC items, just in case you may want some PvP fun.

Fight out your way to that cursed/fanat dual boss pack feels a lot better in HC. The narrow line between life and death will never be same again.

5. Docturnal

Docturnal IncGamers Member

Well either you become a hardcore hardcore player like jianzon and the like or you become like me, liking the change that losing a lvl 80+ character brings and dont add upon your safety. (This of course means that I have yet to get a guardian through. I must learn when to go to sleep)

6. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

Welcome to the darkside Neumein. Its not that bad really ... hehe

BTW you will gain Guardians, not Pats or Mats.

And finally a Fishy is a good 1st choice. U can use him to get u some good gear. Take care.

@Morathi Wow!!

7. Heskla

Heskla IncGamers Member

Yeah, finally one more on the right side of the line! Hope you will visit the SPTF aswell.... :D