Gone for 2 years! What' New.

Amberwave

Diabloii.Net Member
Gone for 2 years! What' New.

I just logged on for the first time in two years. Shows that I last visited 11/29/04. Can someone tell me ,in a nut shell, what has changed. Also, I use to follow a thread where every possable combo of runes and items was being tested. Did anything come of that? Thanks for your comments.

Kiba

Diabloii.Net Member
imo the game is still goin strong for bein as old as it is.

Some new runewords a new uber quest and charm , and massive amounts of hr's is what i can think of atm

right now a hr = 2 hel runes >,< basically the entire d2 economy is gonna crash soon. or people will be paying hundreds of hr's for decent items.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
hr-pul conversion depends on what realm you play
us ladder economy is seriously messed up
europes economy its stronger but going down
not sure about the status of asia

if your playing on bnet expect lot of huge lag spikes and server crashes

1.10 runewords are good, 1.11 could be better

Metalshredderr

Diabloii.Net Member
I actually just re-bought Diablo 2 today after a 5 year hiatus (check thread a just under this one).

The game is still VERY live on battle.net, lots of people.

However, there seems to be a huge madness of people looking for all these rare items and prices are through the roof, and yea, as people said, the economy's probably going to crash really soon.

And we are also expecting a ladder reset:laugh:

funpop

Diabloii.Net Member
"Also, I use to follow a thread where every possable combo of runes and items was being tested"

ah come on thats impossible:

there are 33 runes and runewords can contain the same rune several times:
in a 6 sock sword thats: 33*33*33*33*33*33 = 1291467969 combos,
have fun ;)

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
"Also, I use to follow a thread where every possable combo of runes and items was being tested"

ah come on thats impossible:

there are 33 runes and runewords can contain the same rune several times:
in a 6 sock sword thats: 33*33*33*33*33*33 = 1291467969 combos,
have fun ;)
Still, it did happen (or was attempted anyway) back when some new runewords were out for 1.10. There were quite alot of people helping out, going from memory.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah yes, the great runeword search. We were trying every 2 rune combo, which wasn't terribly insane. Of course it turned out that 1.10 didn't have any 2 rune runewords, but it was a fun project.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah yes, the great runeword search. We were trying every 2 rune combo, which wasn't terribly insane. Of course it turned out that 1.10 didn't have any 2 rune runewords, but it was a fun project.
I didn't take part to it because it sounded absurb to me. Waaaaay too much possibilities, and I knew Blizzard would reveal the runewords sooner or later :grin: !

funpop

Diabloii.Net Member
without doubling runes its still (for a 6 socket item)

33*32*31*30*29*28 = 797448960 combos

to demonstrate that this is a HUGE number:
if you'd need 5 seconds to socket the 6 runes
and had every runes and items in one stash
so you would still need about 126 years alone for
producing the runewords

edit: just read that you tried 2 runeword combo's only,

thats 33 * 32 = 1056 combos
still heavy

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member

still heavy
Don't forget a slew of different item types. I don't have the spreadsheets any more, but I think we had at least half of the helm possibilities tried.

Amberwave

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks to everyone who replied. After loading in everything, and playing for 6 hours, I remember why I had to quit. I dont really have that much free time.

pliu

Banned
without doubling runes its still (for a 6 socket item)

still heavy
if consider tir tir as a runeword combo it will be 33*33=1089

New rune word after 700,000,000 for 5 socket ,eh? No?!? kiding?? :badteeth:

Zoolander

Zod Zod Lo Mal Zod
5 OS AXE/SWORD

Indestructible
+1 To All Skills
+30-40% Increased Attack Speed (varies)
Damage +340-400 (varies)
Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
+(1.875 per character level) 1.875-185.625% Damage To Demons (Based on Character Level)
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
60-70% Chance of Crushing Blow (varies)
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
+10-15 Life After Each Kill (varies)
Adds 250-500 Magic Damage
Adds 250-500 Cold Damage, 10 sec. Duration (Normal)
+5-10 To All Attributes (varies)

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't forget a slew of different item types. I don't have the spreadsheets any more, but I think we had at least half of the helm possibilities tried.
Yes, once you take item types into account (never mind the really petty stuff like "Maces" that only works with certain types of mace-class weapons - sheesh, what was Blizzard thinking?) the number of combinations is so ridiculous that even if you had an unlimited supply of runes and a hundred people working on it it'd still take forever.

Amberwave

Diabloii.Net Member
There was a core group of people that were in charge of keeping track of all the test results and did a bulk of the testing. There were mule accounts that people could donate runes to. (I think it got ripped off once) Test results were posted every so often. People would send in their own tests, some of which were because they put the wrong runes in. It was a huge thread, hundreds of pages. You could tell by the tone of the messages that they were starting to get burned out. Does anyone know if then actually found anything?

FistOfFury

Diabloii.Net Member
Excuse me for missing the obvious, but it's late at night, can someone elaborate on the part of that the ladder economy is messed up? Is everything duped to holy hell, or is it just specific things like some uniques and high runes? (or only the high runes?)