GoMule

McGruber08

Diabloii.Net Member
Just installed, as I want to get into single player character item swapping.

I could be wrong, it looks like it uses an file exchange system. Copy the save file over into the directory, exchange items, and copy/replace the file back into the drive?

Problem is I don't see the save files, the d2s files. I bought a digital copy off of the Blizzard website and I have two single player characters.

What do I do?

Thanks,
Rob

Grisu

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, always good to see Bloodfist if you're untwinked - better than green Breast Plates, I suppose :rolleyes:

Sander's Taboo is also a very good early drop, as are multiple Sigon's pieces for the set bonuses (esp. gloves, belt and boots work well together).

I don't know if someone already pointed yoi out jiansonz's guide to single pass untwinked magic finding? It's a great resource even if you're not playing single pass

McGruber08

Diabloii.Net Member
Finally got my first characters through normal mode. I came back into normal to see everything mapped out so I was worried everybody was dead but they weren't. Saves remapping I suppose. I set players to 8 on Andariel and got a unique first try. That really helps out a lot. Should be able to equip my low level characters this way.

Don't think I've seen that guide. I'll check it out, my goal right now is to get 4 characters to hell mode. Frenzy barb, Windy Druid, Lightning trapsin (i think) and a Lightning javazon (currently leveling - 31 lvl)

Last edited:

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
here is some interesting stuff regarding drops from act bosses vs player settings

now since Andariel in normal do not drop essences, the effect of higher player setting is actually lower in normal (but it is a minor factor)

did you "quest bug" her btw?

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm guessing no, since I don't know what that means.
if you talk to warriv in camp and travel to act 2 before you save and exit the first time you kill her, she will never drop "junk" on that difficulty and on that char. It is easy to test if you did it or not. Kill her and if she drops any potion or scroll, she was not quest bugged.

testyfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Wait, really? Changing the default save path? To be clear, this has zero effect on gameplay, it just makes files easier to find, or allows you to have your save files to be saved to a portable drive by default... Which reduces the odds of an accidental duplicate item.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Wait, really? Changing the default save path? To be clear, this has zero effect on gameplay, it just makes files easier to find, or allows you to have your save files to be saved to a portable drive by default... Which reduces the odds of an accidental duplicate item.
sorry man I was drunk :) I thought you wrote that one could quest bug Andariel by editing some registry files ^^