Golems/Other minions

AlphaMagnum

Diabloii.Net Member
Golems/Other minions

This relates to minions in general, though I'm really wondering about the Necromancer's golems. If I have a golem or minion summoned, then equip an item with +skills, will my current summoned golem reflect those changes (to the golem itself, summon resist, and golem mastery)? Will I have to resummon it to get the enhanced golem?

Though this wouldn't impact most summons, the Iron Golem, which uses up an item, could cause problems for me. I intend to use the IG as my golem of choice, and after I use up a rare item to get it, I don't want to learn that the only way to get it up to par with my skill level is to unsummon it.

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member
But look upon it the other way, you can also summon an iron golem when you have a +golem gear from your stash and skill shrine to have a long lasting extra powerful one, I'm not sure the high level is preserved when leaving games but see no reason why it shouldn't.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
But look upon it the other way, you can also summon an iron golem when you have a +golem gear from your stash and skill shrine to have a long lasting extra powerful one, I'm not sure the high level is preserved when leaving games but see no reason why it shouldn't.
When you join a game, the Iron Golem's bonuses are calculated using the gear you wear when you enter the game. This means if you put +30 summoning skills worth of gear on, summon a 1-point Iggy (which would be a slvl 31 Iggy), then take off the gear, exit, and rejoin, he'll become a slvl 1 Iggy again.

As a result, if you have a nice Iron Golem that you don't want to lose, make sure you equip your golem-prebuffing gear every time you leave the game.