Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

golemmancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by harley98, Jun 28, 2005.

1. harley98

harley98 IncGamers Member

golemmancer

i'm going to build a necro useing a fire golem and corpse explosion as the basic strategy(with a good merc). it looks like a lvl20 fire golem has a lvl27 fire aura with a radius of 21.3 yds and scales up with each lvl in fire golem. am i correct in assuming the radius increases? i figure if it does than all the bad guys will home in on the fire golem and then i can fire a few arrows, daggers, javs or merc to get the first body then ce them. i think an act2 blessed aim merc might work the best here or a defiant one.

lvl1 amp

lvl1 teeth
    lvl20 corpse explosion

lvl20 golem mast
    lvl20 clay golem
    lvl14 blood golem
    lvl14 iron golem
    lvl20 fire golem

any ideas or suggestions?

2. Dancolen

Dancolen IncGamers Member

Would be nice to see the results, but I think your going to get a lot of negative or positive discouragement on this build.

Fire Golem isnt exactly a rolling steamroller of damage, and while its true a supreme merc can just about make any build viable, I doubt that youre going to make much headway in Hell.

Off to do stuff atm or id post more.

3. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

most golemancers go with IG, as it can have great damage and AR at high levels, something that FG has neither of. also, in your route you'd only be able to really go at it in players 1 because you'd need to drop many corpses to be able to work through players 8

4. harley98

the reason i'm useing the fire golem is for his magnetic attraction when his fire aura goes off. by then my merc should have a couple of bodies laying around and i can start ce'ing. thats the main idea anyway.

5. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Cursing at the edges of the screen will do pretty well at that. Anything with a couple decent tanks, corpse explode, and amp damage should be viable if not as effective as other builds.

6. harley98

i've tried a couple of different mercs so far and i have decided the blessed aim merc works the best so far, due to the golems slow attack speed and low attack rating. the fire golem can hit more often thus doing more damage, but nothing really to write home about.

interesting note: when i equip +xx to fire skills it works with my fire golem :D , but only for the fire golem. not sure if fire mastery from the trang set works with the fire golem or not but it seems like it does'nt :( . man that would be a big plus if it did!!!!!! fire facet dont work either with the golem.

7. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

I thought that somewhere someone posted that fire golem was not considered a "fire" skill anymore. Although I do know that ce is a "fire" skill.

8. harley98

+xx to fire skills does work for a fire golem but +xx to fire skills (sorc only do not). it does not work with ce either.

9. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

I know that...but I read somewhere that magefist's +skill affects ce but not fire golem.

10. harley98

well i got to hell, but what a very bumpy road it was. in hell it just is not very feasible with this build. the golems attack speed is so slow that the monsters regenerate almost all the damage the golem did before he can hit them again. the blessed aim merc worked the best, making the golem hit more often then he missed which helped. if the golem had a skill like jab, fend or zeal it would make them more user friendly, but then i'm just day dreaming :) i just dont see this guy making it through hell with as much trouble as im having in act 1(hell).

11. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Forget iron golem for the defense synergy, it won't die a whole lot anyway, and you can max LR which will let your golem do a lot more damage.

12. HardyZ

HardyZ IncGamers Member

In my opinion, you shouldn't rely on the fire golem for any sort of damage, but only to gather monsters around him, and let the merc get the the first kill to start spamming CE.
    In that logic, i'd drop the blessed aim merc, which helps an useless damage source, the golem(in hell, that is), and get a might merc, which will help a good damage source, himself.

I wish Golemancer was viable, i'd build one myself... :(

13. harley98

from playing a golemmancer ive realized it takes a lot of finnese and strategy. im trying not to really on the merc to get the kill, but more for support to aid the golem and myself. i just havent come up with a good combo of golem/merc/necro curses or poison/bone skills yet. but so far i am really impressed with blessed aim merc/fire golem combo. the might merc would work better with an iron golem i think, i havent tried it yet so i am not sure. if i had an infinity pole arm for my merc it would help my fire golem quite a bit, but im still looking for the runes.