Golem for pvp Boner

Sarobot

Diabloii.Net Member
Golem for pvp Boner

I currently have 1 pt each in Clay Golem, G Mast, and Sum Res. W/ +s, he has about 9k life. He tanks really well in pvm, but in pvp he dies pretty quick.
Should I also put 1 pt in Blood Golem and Iron Golem for more life and def?

Gungak

Diabloii.Net Member
No it isn't...

Seconded.
I wouldnt put extra points into differant golems as the golem will never survive, against hits such as hammers. The point of golem is;
1)To every now and then get a hit in and slow. Thus changing entire duel.
2)Being a minion stack and saving your ***.

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member
Lol I didn't say put more points into it. However you DO get slowed when you hit it with a melee attack. Just test it and you'll see. When I duel Necros with one I actually use Feral Rage instead of Fury in fear of randomly hitting it and dying from Spirit Spam.

Camden

Diabloii.Net Member
A point into fire golem is never wasted if you find yourself getting raped by good fire sorcs (as necs often do)

Ce Olba

Banned
Ahh I get it. thanks. :tongue:
Actually, the Fire Golem absorbs fire damage, making it almost immortal, as with higher levels, it's absorb becomes huge (lvl 20 it has **% absorb, it reaches 100% absorb at lvl 60).

This makes it almost immortal, as the first hit will take away about half of it's life, whereas any follow-up hits will get it back to full life, turning it into an eternal loop: full life -> half life -> full life -> half life -> full life ...

So, the more damage you deal, the more time it will take to kill it, but also, the less damage you deal, the more damage it will take to kill it.

So you can never really kill it, as it heals a lot more than it loses.

Also, if you take into account the Golem's resistances, which will be 65%, and as they do not suffer the resistance penalties, you will deal 9.1% of your damage while healing 55.9%.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually, the Fire Golem absorbs fire damage, making it almost immortal, as with higher levels, it's absorb becomes huge (lvl 20 it has **% absorb, it reaches 100% absorb at lvl 60). This makes it almost immortal, as the first hit will take away about half of it's life, whereas any follow-up hits will get it back to full life, turning it into an eternal loop: full life -> half life -> full life -> half life -> full life ... So, the more damage you deal, the more time it will take to kill it, but also, the less damage you deal, the more damage it will take to kill it. So you can never really kill it, as it heals a lot more than it loses.
I know olba. no need for the kiddie explanation. :wink3:

btw, do you just have these facts memorized or do you spend precious seconds calculating this stuff?

Ce Olba

Banned
I know olba. no need for the kiddie explanation. :wink3:

btw, do you just have these facts memorized or do you spend precious seconds calculating this stuff?
Well, I do not remember all of it. I mostly check some of it from some sites, and count the rest. As for "my precious seconds", typing stuff like that in there is like explaining an equation on a maths lesson. Doesn't bother me at all. But of course I would rather not do so.

As I consider myself a perfectionist in a way, I cannot possibly give the exact numbers without knowing the details of the setup. Even the numbers I presented here are from an imaginary setup that hits 125% FCR with maximum +skills, without taking into account other stuff (such as FHR, even though it will hit 86% if needed).

But damn, I sure have to learn to use my Casio fx-9860G SD so that I can give you the numbers with more accuracy, as I'm currently doing all of the calculations with the calculator on my phone, which only tolerates 10 numbers, whereas my calculator tolerates a lot more, plus my calculator can do more complex stuff (such as second degree equations). I prefer my phone because I'm faster typing with it. And speed counts.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I do not remember all of it. I mostly check some of it from some sites, and count the rest. As for "my precious seconds", typing stuff like that in there is like explaining an equation on a maths lesson. Doesn't bother me at all. But of course I would rather not do so.

But damn, I sure have to learn to use my Casion fx-9860G SD so that I can give you the numbers with more accuracy, as I'm currently doing all of the calculations with the calculator on my phone, which only tolerates 10 numbers, whereas my calculator tolerates a lot more, plus my calculator can do more complex stuff (such as second degree equations). I prefer my phone because I'm faster typing with it. And speed counts.
Jeez dude. You're using a phone calc to calculate stuff? HoLy...

that calculator Casion fx-9860G SD sounds hardcore. very.

Ce Olba

Banned
Jeez dude. You're using a phone calc to calculate stuff? HoLy...

that calculator Casion fx-9860G SD sounds hardcore. very.
DAMN! I typo'ed it. Casio fx-9860G SD. Here:http://world.casio.com/edu/product/fx9860g/

I need a calculator like that to be able to calculate matrixes and graph funcs. As for the memory card, my dad insisted to get me one with a memory card. I have no idea why would I ever need it, unless I go study university-level maths.

And yes, I use a phone calc, because it's faster and it's accurate enough in most cases. I just like to mess around with my Casio, doing stuff like drawing parabels, calculating stupid and very random stuff and such.