Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Golem bug?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Fearox, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Golem bug?

I recently found a rare wand with +fire golem on it. And when my friend transfered a few things I fooled around with the fire golem. When my friend was done I removed the wand and guess what: the golem was still there. I expected him to disappear (I'm not 100% sure, but at least 63% sure that removing the wand in 1.09 would make him disappear).
    Well, this is good for me since I haven't put a single point in the summoning tree on my poison guy. I have maxed all poison skills and want to use the rest in bone prison and bone wall to get a decent bone armor (protects me well during pit runs). From now on I have this golem wand on slot and get a nice level 8 fire golem taking some hits for me :) I'm hoping to find a wand with both +golem and revive on it now... (maybe this doesn't work on reviveds though..).

2. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

I experienced something similar but different. When my lvl 84 Necro would go back to rescue his corpse, I found that I could revive more minions without my items (full Trangs, Arm of Leoric, Golemlord's ammy) than I had skill points. It hasn't happened on any of my other characters; just him.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Did the Golem disappear when traveling through WP's or doors etc.? Because the game in its present form takes a while to realise that you are having something you are not supposed too.

4. jjboy

jjboy IncGamers Member

i got a similar experience with my necro, but with skellies
    i am using a trangs set but switch to ali baba when against super uniques or act boss. surprisingly my skellies didnt disintegrate.

5. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

No, he behaves just like a golem with skill points in it.

6. Mad Mantis

How odd. Pretty nice bug.

7. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Yes, and now I'm sure it's a bug. If I switch to the slot with the golem wand, create fire golem, switch back to the other slot and then use bone armor the golem disappears...

8. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

none of my skelies collapse when I switch from full trangs+cain shard to Naj's Staff

9. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

???

I dont think it's a bug. I use this all the time on my necro.. I shoped for a wand with +2 iron golem and fire golem (cuz i dont have points into both). I switch over to summon whatever golems i want, then weapon switch back to my boneshade to kill with my spears...

If i save and exit without switching back to the +iron golem item, then i'll lose my iron golem. But if i switch back before i save and exit, the next game i play, my golem will still be there, though i have 0 points, and i can switch back to boneshade =D

10. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I think this sounds buggy. I wonder if this is the case with the other classes summons...

11. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Uh, hmm. Tried out +40% FCR from HotO today, just to see how much it affects the vampire. A lot. Anyway, I used one of the Oak Sage charges and when I gave back the HotO, the Oak Sage poofed.

12. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Sssssh! if this Fire/Iron Golem thing is a bug....they might fix it!

**goes off shopping for a wand with Fire/iron Golems on it**

-X

13. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

I know for sure it works only for a short while with revives... EG, the moment you hit a town healer, or summon more skeletons.. everytime the game checks for summons, you will lose the revives... But you won't lose golems =D.

Skelliemancers use this to pre buff thier skellies too. Weapon switch, summon lots of skellies, then switch back for MF gear =D

14. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

Prebuffing skeletons doesn't last. The game eventually catches up and they drop in levels and some will disintegrate.

15. Mad Mantis

Some will disintegrate, but how do you know they drop in levels? They seem to remain just as strong as recently buffed.

16. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Prebuffing works fine enough for me:

Regarding skeletons popping I have made following suggestions.

The passive boosters, like Skeleton Mastery and Summon Resists are totally safe.

Raise Skeleton and Raise Skeleton Mage are a little more problematic.

I have found if the source of +skills comes from a +skill tab, +necromancer skills or plain +skills AND the source of skill points are kept on switch (but not active) the skeletons STAYS!

If the skill points comes from a specific +skills (necromancer only) or the item is removed to inventory the skeletons does not stay.

17. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

You can test it by putting only one point in skeleton skills and loading up on +skills and summoning them. Then remove all your +skills. You'll notice that your skeletons will disintigrate and they won't do much of anything.

This is how the druid furries were tested and found not to be prebuffable.

18. Mad Mantis

When I pre-buff they do seem to keep their higher levels. They seem to give and take more damage. I'll experiment with it some more. But Dr00d pets are not Necro minions.

19. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

theres a bug with full sets that if you die you still recieve all the bonuses in gold of the full set, even with it not equiped