Goldfinding Runs

ELNINO

Diabloii.Net Member
Goldfinding Runs

Besides running at Trav., what other places are profitable for golding finding? I am using a summon necro with about 700 gf (yea its not alot, but I still think it can be good). Or should I just go to really any place where there are alot of monsters?

Painman

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think you can beat council members as far as gold drops go. If you just want a change of pace, areas densely packed with easy monsters are ok. I just stick to Travincal council in NM since that maxes out my goldfinder's stash more quickly than anything else, and I can start gambling sooner.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i do a5su's. it's a little bit slower, moneywise, but i get better drops. i only go with 600 or so anyway, i'm mainly there for the items.

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
I always pop those pesky council fools when doing meph runs. Two Dwarf rings and Boom Boom out comes the gold! Grab one or two drops and there is usually another 70K right there. In 60 seconds (or less) you have added 120k+ to a meph run.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
oh yeah one thing i'm toying with is the idea of a necro chest popper. haven't really thought it through yet, but here's some ideas:

1. high level dim vision, attract, or confuse (any of them are good imho, duration increases with level) and just cruise through the kurast areas. however, the problem here is if a monster is overlapping a chest i want to get to, possibly i could use terror to get rid of them, but two high level curses may not be a good idea. using terror alone may work, but the monsters will be 3-4 deep in the corners. :)

2. skellimancer, have my boys kill nearby monsters as i pop chests. problem: probably they will get slaughtered if i enter a p8 game, also lots of phys immunes there.

3. poisonmancer: quickly and efficiently kill monsters around me while i pop chests. problem: poison immunes.

4. golemancer: probably fire for best monster control.

the main problem with necros for this though is travelling speed. trang's armor with 40 frw boots is good, but then you lose a ton of gf.

-Tempus-

Diabloii.Net Member
ELNINO said:
Besides running at Trav., what other places are profitable for golding finding? I am using a summon necro with about 700 gf (yea its not alot, but I still think it can be good). Or should I just go to really any place where there are alot of monsters?
well hell high council is the best if you can kill them, after then nm high council. but if the char is made well cows can be a great place to get gold. almost all the maps, caves, tombs in act1,2 are also great for gold. you can find a ton of champ class monsters that are easy to kill. after then i also like to run the flayer in act3 and the city in act4.

since the barb has the Find Item skill they do the best at high council runs but other char/classes do a great job on other maps. i have many gf chars and use different chars for each map.

-Tempus-

Zavior

Diabloii.Net Member
I've found it efficient to run eldrich -> shenk -> travi with my skellie, so I will have my skeletons ready for councils.