Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Goldfinding LK sorceress

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by tokerdin, Jan 24, 2017.

1. tokerdin

tokerdin Diabloii.Net Member

This morning i was squeezing in a few LK runs before work when i started thinking about how quickly my stash fills with gold while running LK. I pick up the gold first to clear the screen and make sure im not missing any runes. When i got to thinking if maximizing my goldfind and running LK might be a viable goldfinding strategy.

so here is my current setup
    im using 33 fcr spirit, arachnids and an fcr ring to hit the 63 fcr breakpoint
    I put 2 lems in an alibaba for a total of 377 GF from weapon slot (lvl91)
    a made a weath add 300 GF
    threw on some chanceguards add 200 GF
    one dwarf star 100GF
    gheeds grand charm 136 GF
    rare boots 43 GF
    i have shako on until i can gamble a 2 sorce skill 20 FCR magic circlet so i can put 2 lems in it. however it does help survive-ability on P7 even with shako shes kind of fragile

this gives me 1163 goldfind and 353 magicfind. With the mf boost i stop by the non-super chests and corpses when i can. With this setup i get about 100k-150k gold per run.

This has turned out to be a fun little experiment that ill most likely continue. She isnt as efficient as a trav running gold finder nor is she as efficient as a dedicated LK runner but she is an interesting mix of both.
    Tonight i was able to gamble away ~6.5 million gold and got a mal to boot. plus some random charms. If you end up bored one day give this a try its a good way to break up standard runs.

2. tokerdin

heres a short video not a whole lot of gold from either run and you get to see me almost panic exit. like i said shes a little fragile.

3. Cyrax

Cyrax Diabloii.Net Member

If you want gold, wouldn't it be easier to go bother those councils at Travincal? There's been a whole thread about optimising running them with some very nice results.

4. tokerdin

The main reason for not running trav is because my char isnt strong enough. That and i think ill have better chances finding the ohm i need running LK. I know council has a good rune drop rate but i can run LK ~70-80 times in an hour at p7 where i might be able to get ~30-40 trav runs at P1. Once i respec and make an infinity that will change.

Then there is the want to make/do something different from cookie cutter builds (and i didnt even have to make a new character)

You are right though this dosnt come close to the gold you can get from a good goldfinding barb running Trav. I'll have to do some runs and come up with a gold per hour. I would like to see how it compares to running trav.

5. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

The time you lose picking up gold (and digging through chests where you don't see an orange flash) could be spend at NM Travincal where the gold drop rate is very reasonable as well. If you run both of those you'll get more runes and more gold overall. Ultimately it's pointless to run LK for gold, but whatever floats your boat.

6. Brak

Brak Diabloii.Net Member

Just so you know, there are more Ohm patterns in the RoF Superchests than LK. But you get more chests per run, so it's probably a wash.