Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Golden Oldie: Butcher's Pupil Cleaver :P

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by batuchka, Apr 23, 2005.

1. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Golden Oldie: Butcher's Pupil Cleaver :p

Ok i found a perfect ed Butcher's Pupil Cleaver and wanna make a pure zealot (PvM) using it from nightmare to hell hehe. I was planning to upgrade them as he progresses and just for discussion sakes suppose i stick a Lo rune in it and use Duress,highlords and goreriders. How would this compare with a non-eth Death Cleaver Zerker? All things equal i.e same armor+ammy+boots combo cleaver gives slightly more deadly but buthcer's gives more OW. What you guys think or is there even grounds for comparison i.e Death Cleaver>>>'Lo' Buthcer's Pupil Small Crescent?

2. Tastychiken_europe

Tastychiken_europe IncGamers Member

i dont know if it is worth upgrading it but.. it might be fun :) like my hel ik maul or upped 353% ed javs :) just for laughs

3. Tiger_Spirit

Tiger_Spirit IncGamers Member

Hi, well now people don't know the extreme power of common items, cose of this all duped botd...

I confirm, upgraded butcher's pupil (and it's a perfect one!!!) really worth. But don't put a Lo in it, it is a waste, make fortitude with this rune :D

You can put, maybe a shael for more ias.

4. batuchka

Hi-ho guys! Hmm that sticking a Lo in it was just for discussion sakes :p I made a grief and i think its possible to smite stuff with a low quality buckler lol. Ya prolly shael it and i had this idea of a uniques only zealot or even more challenging a rares only zealot :D A 'rares only' zealot would have zero dr as its only downfall the way i see it hehe. No wait - also no ds/cb/ow w/o any runes allowed :( My mind boogles at a thought of a 'crafted items only' zealot which i shall call 'Agent Orange' lol Hmm ok i am rambling so ya thanks again for your thoughts and happy playing :D

5. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

I am fairly sure it is possible to pat even a Magic-only Zealot. Though it would put a strain on the charms to fill up resists.

6. Bionic

Bionic IncGamers Member

I had great success with dual butchers on a mid level ww barb. Mine were a bit low, neither hit 190 but combined with my other equipment, it was great. Just curious but what realm are you in? and would you be interested in trading?

7. batuchka

Hmm ya even an non-upgraded Butcher's Pupil is worth keeping just for mid lvl gear previous patches as i use it for Axe barbs and zealots - though in those days they didn't have BOTD runeword and i made an axe-throw barb with a dual Cruel Beserker Axes and Cruel Winged Harpoons ..ah those were the days :p Previous patch i play Europe and US West Realms hehe. Usually i would start in a realm, make a mf char and item run/trade until every possible item for any build (cookie cutter or odd) is within my reach, test out my proposed builds then change realms and start from scratch again :p Those days i did some 'Inter-Realm' trading i.e items on West for some start ups at Europe for example hehe. It really helped me not getting jaded and bored with the idea of a new challenge, realm and even a different culture :D A few weeks back i returned to West and with ladder season and all i am not sure my previous ways could be practised hehe. Hmm i have a few butcher's as i id everyone of them when i magicfind and other than the perfect one the next best is a 194ed (6% off perfect) and if you are interested then ya i'd trade :D Hmm an all magic items pally would still rock if one used the .09 Lo-Lo-Eth Cruel Myth Of Evisceration i think but what of a Ber-Ber-Ber Cruel Cryptic Sword Of Quickness for smiters? Prolly not as cb not as effective this patch?

p.s/OT : Hey i read those pally guides and i think the Fireball-Templar pally which uses FOH and Fireball from the partial Trang's set is way cool! Odd but fun and Hell viable hehe. Though i'd switch the Dragonscale shield for a Spirit Sacred Targe and smite monsters silly while i fireball them :p Or a stone armor with Molten Boulder charges and pet Clay golem hehe. Have to figure out how to synergise molten though....hmm think i wanna discuss with the creator of that guide for his counsel :p

8. Bionic

Bionic IncGamers Member

Check your PM's. Thanks.

9. MyUserName

MyUserName IncGamers Member

Do you consider runes as magical? :eek: