gold find barb critique plz...

determined

Diabloii.Net Member
gold find barb critique plz...

I'm making a gold find barb for mainly ****s and giggles but I still want him to be decent. Please critique my setup. Please note that I will be relying on my merc to do the killing as I will only use Warcries.

Shout 20
Battle Orders 20
Find Item 10
Battle Command 1
Battle Cry 10
War Cry 10
Nat Resist 1
Inc Stamina 1
Inc Run 1
Iron Skin 1

2 6 Lemmed Phase Blades
Wealth Armor
Infernostride Boots
Chance Guards
Goldwrap
I have no clue what Amulet to use
2 Dwarf Star Rings
Crown of Thieves w/ Lem
Gheeds and other Gold Find charms

Act 2 Nm Offensive Merc
Not sure what weapon he will use but it will be a high damage Eth one...any suggestions on which aura will be best for him?
Eth Fort armor
Crown of Age helm

I plan on getting this barb to lvl 75 and then just doing nm Trav runs and such for a ton of gold.

My main question is...I plan on using Battle Cry to knock down teh enemies resistances and then using war Cry to stun them long enough for my merc to go in and rape them. Will these 2 warcries work simultaneously? or will one cancel out the other if casted used against the same enemy? Thanks.

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: gold find barb critique plz...

Why not 2 lem'd ali babas/6lem cry swords?
Rare ammy with gf?
Might aura for merc so he can kill faster, make sure the wep has NO cold dmg or you could easily shatter the corpses.

determined

Diabloii.Net Member

Why not 2 lem'd ali babas/6lem cry swords?
Rare ammy with gf?
Might aura for merc so he can kill faster, make sure the wep has NO cold dmg or you could easily shatter the corpses.
thx for the reply...just wondering why u suggest 2 lemed ali babas? the 6 lem in each phase blade would equal 900% gold find where the ali baba's offer (if i'm lvl 75) 600 gold find total, correct?

mephiztophelez

Diabloii.Net Member

thx for the reply...just wondering why u suggest 2 lemed ali babas? the 6 lem in each phase blade would equal 900% gold find where the ali baba's offer (if i'm lvl 75) 600 gold find total, correct?
it's a cost/benefit thing. the nature of how goldfind works is linear. heres a quote on it from my goldfind skellynec guide.
mephiztophelez said:
How much %Goldfind is "enough"?
or
Why not 6x Lem Swords and 4x Lem shields?

the main advantage of this build is that it's CHEAP. personally, i don't see the point in spending up big on a character that's supposed to generate e-wealth. my build has a total of 6x Lem in it (2 in helm, one in armour, 2 in weapon, 1 in shield). Another reason is the nature of how +%goldfind works.

lets say a monster drops a base of 100 gold. if I have 2000% goldfind, thats suddenly 2100 gold falling out of it. if i have 2500% goldfind, thats 2600 gold falling out of it. an extra 500% goldfind starts to not look so good when we already have oodles of it.

as a "nice-round-number", shoot for somewhere in the realm of ~1500% goldfind, at this point you can start looking for extra survival mods.
there's also the issue of the %MF on Ali Baba's. hell council can drop some nice stuff. a little extra %mf doesn't hurt along with the Goldfind.

as for an amulet, something like THIS would be pretty sweet.

determined

Diabloii.Net Member

I see what you are saying bro...finding 2 ali baba and 4 lem is much easier than 12 Lems for the Phase Blades anyways. I might just stack my stash full of 20 life scs for survival sakes instead of trying to squeeze as much gold find charms as I could find.

zerth

Diabloii.Net Member

I like Hell Travi. NM travi can have good results, but a) requires MAX gf (which is harder than you'd think) and b) expect little pleasant surprises (good charms, a mara's, the usual). A GF barb on SP aiming Hell travi needs to take some things into account:

a) You will have trouble leveling. Expect to be in the late 60s when you reach Hell Travincal. This really requires VERY careful running until you hit clvl 85 or so.
b) Lems do not grow on trees on SP
c) Your resists will suffer. Aim for rare gf circlet, boot, belt, ammy with resist mods
d) Might merc. Duriel's Shell, eth Obedience and CoT are easy to find. Aim for eth CoT, eth upped Hone Sundan / eth Bonehew, Treachery armor. Fill the sockets with fervor or ruby jewels depending on attack break points.
e) More GF never hurts. Ultimately you will fill the inventory with 38+ gf GCs and 10gf scs. Until you are comfortable doing so, use resist, life and mana charms
f) Shout is useless. Pump Natural Resist and Increased Speed a bit. I also like Battle Cry. With enough +skills maxing it nullifies enemy defense and halves physical damage. Especially when you are below 80s it will make the difference on your merc hitting enough.
g) Physical Immunes are a pain. So are Fanat, Might and Conviction auras. S&E will save you time whenever you meet any of those. (For some reason the moron will always hit the Physical Immune even if there are 6-7 targets nearby...)
h) 2x BO sticks on switch. It should take you a while to find 2 echoing Glaives (low dex req), but its worth it

These on top of my head. Note that a good gf barb (as most chars) is a work in progress. You will always find something better for him (especially as far as the rares are concerned). Good thing you will make enough gold to keep gambling ^^

Dr Elmer Jiggle

Diabloii.Net Member

If you do the 6 Lem sword, why would you use phase blades? You said, "I will be relying on my merc to do the killing as I will only use Warcries." Put the Lem's in crystal swords or go with Ali Baba's.

I prefer the Immortal King's set helmet over Crown of Thieves for the PC (Crown of Thieves is great for the mercenary). You get nearly identical gold find, depending on the quality of your Crown of Thieves, but you gain +2 to warcries. That seems like a no-brainer.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I didn't catch the bit where it says you play SP but I still have to ask about your resists. They look like they're going to be pretty poor. The Council packs quite a nasty punch even in NM.

Just a thought. Or are you pre-buffing with treachery or something?

determined

Diabloii.Net Member

I didn't catch the bit where it says you play SP but I still have to ask about your resists. They look like they're going to be pretty poor. The Council packs quite a nasty punch even in NM.

Just a thought. Or are you pre-buffing with treachery or something?
I don't play single player (not sure where that came from). I was also worried about my resists being too low...i have actually opted to making a gold find necro first b/c I feel his surviibility with all those summons will be much greater than a barb relying on a single merc to do the killing, The necro will have a little lower gf% but overall I believe he will be a faster killer and that way my resists can lack a little more than usual and I'll still be okay b/c I will be sitting back watching my summons do the work.

@Dr Elmer Jiggle - I was opting to use the phase blades b/c I already had 2 6 socketed ones. I had no crystal swords that were socketed but yes they would be a better bet. Also, I didn't even notice that the IK helmet had 2 open socket on top of some %gf. That would be a great helm for a GF Barb.

deadbeater

Diabloii.Net Member

Save the 6 sock phase for a 4eth/2 shael sword.

Ali babas are easy to find, and should sell for cheap.

OneFromBeyond

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not sure if anyone replied to this, so I will...

You can battle cry to lower defense and then war cry to stun and they both can be active at the same time.

burner2k

Diabloii.Net Member

I use a GF ammy with 10%fcr, 82%resistances in total, 18dex, 78%gf & other mods.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

You know, you can make small sacrifices in gf% to gain big amounts of mf%, which imo is better, since finding a skiller now and then isn't that bad either

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator

You know, you can make small sacrifices in gf% to gain big amounts of mf%, which imo is better, since finding a skiller now and then isn't that bad either
In this particular example you'd want as little mf% as possible in order to avoid finding the unique charm - gheed's fortune :)

happysmacks

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not sure if anyone replied to this, so I will...

You can battle cry to lower defense and then war cry to stun and they both can be active at the same time.
yeah thats what i do... i have those council members in hell dazed and confused with arms made of spaghetti :jig:

such a wicked combo!

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

In this particular example you'd want as little mf% as possible in order to avoid finding the unique charm - gheed's fortune :)
You're kidding right?

I don't think that's a problem on bnet. You perm your game, leave, and comeback with a different character. Or get someone to come pick it up for you and help you mule it.

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator

You're kidding right?

I don't think that's a problem on bnet. You perm your game, leave, and comeback with a different character. Or get someone to come pick it up for you and help you mule it.
I'm not kidding, if you want your drops to be magical (blue) you don't want to have a lot of MF - the example was about skillers which are magic items :)

Felix

Diabloii.Net Member

As Uncle_Mike says, a charm will always be blue, so no MF needed. MF will infact increase the chances of the charm being not a blue but a unique.

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

As Uncle_Mike says, a charm will always be blue, so no MF needed. MF will infact increase the chances of the charm being not a blue but a unique.
If Unique Charms are that common for you guys, I want to come along :whistling:

I've never tried a GF build, but usually sell bad blues/yellows for gold. I think MF wouldn't hurt the charms...after all, doesn't it add the chance for a charm to drop? :scratchhead:

KremBanan

Diabloii.Net Member

after all, doesn't it add the chance for a charm to drop? :scratchhead:
No. I belive that first the kind of item is decided, then the MF comes in and "decide" wether its going to be a white, blue, set, rare or unique.