Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Going to start an Amazon, your thoughts...

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by X-Todd, Mar 11, 2004.

1. X-Todd

X-Todd IncGamers Member

Going to start an Amazon, your thoughts...

i read thru the PvM LF/PJ Javazon Guide for v1.10 (revised) and was very intrigued by it. I have never done an Amazon before. My intentions for this character are as follows.
    Ladder Realm PVM Solo.
    what are your thoughts on this.
    i hear there are a lot of LI in Hell so im hoping that the plauge/poison stuff will help me out enough for those.

the main concern of mine is the Solo part.
    unless i can get a friend to help me out for parts, im pretty much going to be solo, so i have to be able to withstand that.

thanks

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

glooms in hell are if i recall right LI/poison immune so you can get trouble there

hopefully somebody with a mat LF/PJ zon come along and give you some strategy tips

3. X-Todd

X-Todd IncGamers Member

thanks for the info.
    and yes if anyone that has a LF/PJ zon and wants to throw out some tips, id be grateful.

thanks for the reply lone_wolf :)

4. X-Todd

X-Todd IncGamers Member

no tips?
    i have already started her, and im on like level 9 or 10 right now i think.
    got my Critical strike up to 6, and am using jab when needed.
    got a javalin that has +1 to mana after each kill and also have a ring with the same thing, so mana isnt that bad right now.

things are easy going thus far for me.
    but we will see once i get into the later levels.

5. Nidlav

Nidlav IncGamers Member

I wrote that guide and the only additional tips I can give are:

1) First....(it's been a while since I played her)....I think the Gloams are just LI....and it's the lightening skeleton mages in the WS that are LI/PsI. As long as you have a good Lightening Resist/Absorb....they aren't much of a problem. When these 2 monster types are together....I deal with the Gloams first using PJ/Jab....then take on the skel mages with Jab. But this is a tough combo of monsters to face with all the lightening being hurled at you and the immunities....especially if you don't have max Lightening Resist and a little Lightening Absorb. Divide and conquer is the best strat.

2) I made some alt weapon suggestions in my guide and have since had some time to really give most of them a thorough look. After trying to use Titan's, Thunderstroke, Demon's Arch, Witchwild String, Lycander's Flank and Stoneraven on weapon switch to deal with LIs....I've found using a Shael'ed Stoneraven with Jab to be the most effective.

3) LIs can be taken down using your Titan's with Jab...it's just a lot slower than a good, fast, high-damage spear on switch. LIs are best approached with PJ/Jab/Merc/Valk.

4) And yes....certain parts of the game are difficult....ie...Ancients....Act bosses. They are an excercise in patience and safe play. Recruiting a friend for some of these quests will definately help. The LF/PJ zon is really a lvl clearing/general play type build and not geared towards boss running. For boss running/mf'ing I play my sorc....for running around and cleaning house I play my javazon. :]

Good luck.

nid

6. X-Todd

X-Todd IncGamers Member

thanks
    i will try to keep that in mind.
    i have been trying to make a sorc as well for MFing but just cant get her to work well.
    i cant even make it out of normal act 4 with my sorc.
    oh well.

7. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

im not sure about the glooms res either but d2data lists them as 100 lighting and 105 posion res they might be right they might be wrong.

as i mostly play my avenger when i meet them i dont see much immunities at all;)

but there is always ways to fight the LI you meet.

8. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

Use merc (might merc as it will boost your valkyrie too) to kill those LI.
    Those LI boss packs are quite hard (=slow) to kill, but after you use cannot heal item (belt, weapon,helm,...) they are quite easy to kill.

So try to get help for hell ancients and hell maggot lair (if your merc is not good enough to kill those LI there).

And use shift+1 to heal your merc. You can put thawning and antidote potions in your belt and use those to help your merc (to help your merc to survive againts poison that andariel, radament and 2nd wave in baalrun use)
    (use thawning potion for your merc before fighting duriel or mephisto)
    And use decoy too if your merc has hard time to survive.

The game itself is quite easy, but hard part is to keep your merc alive.
    Against act bosses (hell level) its easy to keep merc alive against duriel,diablo and baal. Quite hard to against mephisto.
    Andariel will almost always kill merc (my pure light jawazon was fast enough to kill andariel in couple of seconds, so merc survived).
    Radament is hard too. And againts ancients its impossible to keep merc alive.

Use high lvl valkyrie and good merc and if some monster kill those two in couple of seconds you know what to do .... RUN

And if you want to fight against those LI/PI use jab with amp damage/or fire damage javelin to help your merc and valkyrie.

Have fun

9. pipermac

pipermac IncGamers Member

Also the big question is how twinked is this guy gonna be?

I have a hugely twinked Lightning Javazon. That goes through hell like it was butter, solo.

An ETH Titans and a Strong merc are very important. Against packs of LI guys I am switching to a buriza with Multishot. a bit slower but it still is pretty good.