Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Going to hell and taking my riphook with me!

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by superdave, Mar 14, 2004.

1. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

Going to hell and taking my riphook with me!

comments and suggestions are welcome on my DEXazon/strafe/FA build

s/c ladder....level64....all points but 3(strength to equip) put into dex.....maxed strafe....max critical....9 valk.....9 penetrate....2 pierce....1 in d/a/e and will start to put points into freezing arrow

equipment....this is untwinked (i did trade 4 gloves,ammy and helm)

riphook...socketed with jewel to add strenth and resists
    cleglaws 4 knockback and slow target
    magic dusk shroud 739 def...socketed with jewel 4 strength and resist
    nightsmoke belt...nice +10 all resist and 1/2 damage goes to mana
    face of horror...+20 stength, +10 all resist and monster flee
    ravenfrost, manald heal,nokozan ammy
    infernostride boots

i have died only once using this build when computer locked up....by using valk/monster flee/knockback and slow monster she has been hit only a couple times...the life steal on the bow takes care of this and the manald heal is enough to leech the mana is use in strafe.

a couple questions 4 you diablo experts....does the slow monster on cleglaws and riphook "stack"....if it doesn't i have been considering new gloves and providing knockback( for those few mosters who are not running away from me) with a nef in helm when and if i get into act 5.

i know its not worth the runes to upgrade the bow but i would like to hear from anyone who has....i do have a pul in her stash now and if i remember the recipe right i'm only a ko away from a LUM

resists will become a problem soon....all but fire are negative...any suggestions here? rune word armor?

keep in mind that i am trying to keep this zon untwinked so uber godly equipment will be out of the question...also any equipment will have low stength requirements as i want to keep this as close to base as possible.

how many more points should be placed in valk? and d/a/e? pierce? i do plan on maxing penetrate to impove attack rating because with low damage bow every hit counts.

any suggestions 4 merc?

also...any suggestions welcome 4 endgame low stength equipment and strategies when i have taken this zon as far as possible....i have dusk enigma and a nice little botd crusader bow when and if this happens

2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Something you should keep in mind is that not putting points in strength to save points for dexterity is meaningless if you then have to waste your equipment sockets to put in strength jewels. A blade bow (upgraded riphook) still requires very little strength (Not sure of exact amount but less than 80 i believe) which should not be that difficult if you put on things such as lionheart runeword armor (+30 all res and +25 strength). If you do this then you can use your item sockets for more important things such as resistance jewels or attack speed jewels. I would put on tal's mask when you hit level 66 for the 10/10 dual leech and resists (mask may be ugly but it is the best damn bowazon helmet in the game in my opinion) and put an ias jewel in that. Drop the nokozan's ammy and try to obtain a cat's eye for the attack speed dexterity/run-walk.

You claim your char is untwinked but you state that you traded for some items already so i don't believe that trading for that helm/ammy i mentioned should be that big of a problem. If you are set on the untwinked plan and are lucky enough to find a lum rune make smoke armor (Nef+Lum) for the +50 all res in some light 2 socket elite armor. I can't stress enough that leaving strength extremly low will do nothing good for you if you have to sacrifice other equipment/slots to make up for it which would be better suited for killing power /speed.

edit- I just saw the end of your post where you claim to want to put on BoTD/enigma in the "end-game" which makes me unable to understand how this char is untwinked.

3. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

Hehehe... unless you found a zod (BOTD ingredient) by yourself, there's no way this zon is untwinked.

I agree with the previous poster. You saved some stat points on strength but you ended up losing more options in terms of sockets. I don't think that the slow in cleglaw's gloves and riphook's stack up (enemy is slower when both kicks in)... I think the chances of getting slow increases. What do you mean by getting knockback by Nef-ing your helm? Nef only gives knockback when you socket it in a weapon.

Lionheart runeword will solve your problems with resists and at the same time provide the strength you lack so I suggest you go with this.

What do you mean by a Ko away from a Lum? Lum is the 17th rune while Ko is the 18th.

4. superdave

thanks for your responses.....i have to agree that tals mask with its dual 10/10 MAY soon become a necessity.....i will loose the + to strength and some resist and also my favorite: the moster flee....this zon would not have made it this far without it....tals mask is relatively cheap and i just picked up another infernal stride in the cloister that i may be able to trade.

lionheart may be the ideal way to go 4 armor as the extra + to strength is definitely needed....i plan on putting only 3 more points in strength for a total of 6.....this is going to be a pure dex build....i realize that the slots are being wasted but with this build i had to use them in order to equip better armor just to survive

.....yes this zon is untwinked....everything has been found or traded by just her....please understand that this build serves a dual purpose....first to see how far in hell she can go untwinked and using a riphook.....soloed act 1 to date.....level 67 now.....and then when she can't kill or level further she will be stripped and twinked to see how a dexazon can kill....

i am debating now whether to upgrade the bow....i have a pul and two io's....sorry i think i said ko(typo or brainfreeze) in my original post.....so i am an io away from making a lum rune....or make smoke armor as suggested and solve my immediate resist problems....i just stashed a nice 2 soc armor that requires 77 strength i believe

thanks for the heads up on the nef/knockback in helm.....i looked in the wrong column for the rune property...looks like i will be keeping my cleglaws

any suggestions for a merc? i am now entering act 2 so i thought maybe a might merc?

again guys...this zon has been untwinked....because she has soloed most of the time....she has not had to fight for drops....i think most if not all would admit that if you twinked a character it certainly wouldn't be with the equipment she is wearing now....i have had fun trying to keep this one alive and adequately equipped so far....twinking would ruin the fun and defeat the primary purpose of this zon

thanks again guys i really do appreciate all comments

5. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

hum hum want to see a untwinked zon fixing hell?

go check the arrowless bowazon in the spf

JB is the only person i know that ever made it to hell with only one attack skill and the passives as help.

6. superdave

now that sounds like a challenging build

7. superdave

just a quick update on progress....the zon seems to be running out of steam in act2 hell....she still kills but very slowly.....monster flee seems to be the only thing keeping her from the graveyard......i did take a previous posters most excellent advice and made smoke runeword armor so the elemental attacks are not quite so bad now.....don't laugh but the pul was traded 4 a nef/lum and a pair of goreriders....i'm going back to act1 to level up at least 5 more levels and test out the new boots

8. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Upgrade Riphook (hopefully its a good one), personally I like Blade Bows quite a bit, ever since I found a Godly one in 1.09 that became my end-game Strafer bow (loved it!)

9. Anidem

Anidem Banned

I can beat that. I have an all passive zon that just entered act 3 hell. Check out my thread "The Passive Zon."

10. marvel.

marvel. Banned

would pure GA/10 multi, max crit be best.. 1 base light bolt (for immune physicals + helps you can use shield). you could use knockback and leech and just tank..

11. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Unless you are packing huge elemental damage or are using something like windforce multishot simply can't keep up with strafe in 1.10. Strafe's new minimum arrow amount wastes bosses and packs alike with a high level of pierce and things such as amp damage (atma's or witchwild string). Hell monster hitpoints are simply obscene and most bows can't keep up with those hitpoints in hell with multishot. As for guided arrow as i already stated it is a one point wonder, nothing more as strafe will kill bosses WAY faster now.

12. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

yes i read your thread with intrest:thumbsup:
    seems like a real challange

13. superdave

another update.....shes at level 79 and killing better now.....might be able to complete act2 solo in a day or two......smoke armor has solved all my resistance problems.....stash is still fill with charms and they are upgraded as i find them.....i love the extra damage i am getting from the poison charms i have found.....most high damage zons wouldn't have the time to see the nasty effect it has on monsters as the flee in slow motion