GohantheMystic's Guide to the Crusaders ((INPUT REQUESTED!!!)) der

gohanthemystic

Diabloii.Net Member
GohantheMystic's Guide to the Crusaders ((INPUT REQUESTED!!!))

Alright... i'm back at it again... trying to make another guide... hopefully this one will be better. But as always i like to start out my guide threads with something allittle different... questions...

We already know a crusader will max might, charge, and vigor so that leaves only a few questions.

1. What aura to use actively? If there are a bunch of people who vote for two or three different aura's i could always do like my last guide and divide it into sections...:lol:
2. Should we go one-handed weapon? Or two handed weapon?
3. How is damage for charge calculated?
and finally 4. Other skills to have points in?

Thanks for any input or help anyone could offer lol, especially in helping me level on USEast :uhhuh:

-Gohan
*BalmungAzureSky
 

Tastychiken_europe

Diabloii.Net Member
gohanthemystic said:
Alright... i'm back at it again... trying to make another guide... hopefully this one will be better. But as always i like to start out my guide threads with something allittle different... questions...

We already know a crusader will max might, charge, and vigor so that leaves only a few questions.

1. What aura to use actively? If there are a bunch of people who vote for two or three different aura's i could always do like my last guide and divide it into sections...
2. Should we go one-handed weapon? Or two handed weapon?
3. How is damage for charge calculated?
and finally 4. Other skills to have points in?

Thanks for any input or help anyone could offer lol, especially in helping me level on USEast

-Gohan
*BalmungAzureSky

im making a frost crusader :) that didnt help though.
1. i vote fanaticism, or holy freeze but thats my part! :lol: *joke*
2. i would go 1handed gives u more survivability (in form of block) and it looks cool and i think pallas are almost all about shields.
3. XXX not knowing zone XXX
4. maybe holy shield? few altealst or 5 zeal but that u get from eq, i dunno actually


hope i helped more then to disturb u. :cheesy:
 

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
1) Fanaticism. It gives the highest damage boost of all auras, and a nice AR bonus as well.

2) I would go with one-handed. If you're writing a guide maybe both types should be explored though.

3) I don't know how it actually all works, but try this site: http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/dmgcalc/dmgcalc.php?patch=110&lang=eng

4) Definitely at least 1-5 points in Holy Shield, it will at the least lower the Dex you need for max block. Assuming you use a shield, though.
 

gohanthemystic

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the site exile and your input.... ditto for tasty... and i think i'll do one fanat and one of each of the holy auras... new question tho
To Smite .... or not to smite?
 

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
I would say yes for Smite. It will be a better backup skill than Zeal because you won't have to worry about AR. It'll also still be very effective, even with just a few points, since you'll have maxed Fanaticism and possibly Holy Shield.

This is where a one-hander with Grief would shine :clap:

I don't know if you would consider it a pure Crusader anymore though.
 

gohanthemystic

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay... this is were history and rp make builds different... Crusaders historically were warriors of the church, they tended to carry long swords, and what diablo 2 would call a kite shield/monarch. So it only makes since that when engaged in battle, they would charge towards their enemy and make full use of what they have, including nailing the crap out of someone with their shield :lol:

Man... i love... my history... sorry... gotta have a story behind my characters :)
 

gohanthemystic

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh yeah exile... wanna help finance my build? lol... jk... although if you play on east maybe you could help me out with some leveling later... lol
 

BlasphemousMusic

Diabloii.Net Member
I just built my first crusader not too long ago and finally got him to a decent level. I am doing 33k listed dmg going 2 handed at the moment. A shield is important but from what I have found with mine is that 1 hit kills are the majority of what I win. I have not really needed to block a lot considering I charge 1-2 times and they can't hit me.

2 handed you will do much more dmg, I mean much more, so I'd suggest people look into that. Plus there shouldn't really be anyone you go toe to toe with in a melee hack and slash type duel so block isn't so important with a charger (imo).
 

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
Hah, I have trouble financing my own builds, let alone other people's :lol:

Sure, look me up at *exi1e through *exi5e, if you ever need a rush let me know. I'm not online very often but if I am there shouldn't be a problem.
 

gohanthemystic

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay, the fanatic crusader has begun his quest! His name is SephirothOWA on ladder USEast, if anyone else is interested in starting up a new character to quest with him, that'd be great, cuz i'm going to try to play thru norm and nm all the way thru.. hell... is a different story...

-Gohan
*BalmungAzureSky
 

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
just started with a 2-hand charger myself, planning to use some big weapon to become a one-hit-wonder, just for fun. Can report how it works when things start to become clear ;)
2-handers are more stylish, too many lame shield-users out there!! :lol:
 

gohanthemystic

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright, awesome, let me know how you do with it... maybe you can help me out some with the guide... cuz it seems that there isn't an updated PvM Crusader guide...lol.. although... i know why... *mutters* stupid charge bug...

-gohan
 

BlasphemousMusic

Diabloii.Net Member
LorveN said:
just started with a 2-hand charger myself, planning to use some big weapon to become a one-hit-wonder, just for fun. Can report how it works when things start to become clear ;)
2-handers are more stylish, too many lame shield-users out there!! :lol:
Like I said I am one of those 2 handers and I find it to be better. Shields and blocking are for those who want to go toe to toe with other melee fighters or who can't take them with one hit.

Honestly I am not trying to brag, but to give useful input, I kill 95% of every duel with 1 hit. There are some really good players who can take 2-3 hits or kill me before I hit them, but charge should be a 1-2 hit skill. Pure power and dmg which only a 2 handed wep could do. Use botd t-maul and it really does work!
 

tinncann25

Diabloii.Net Member
hey if ur not down with this in 2 weeks i might be able to give u greif zerker to test out

maybe i can look for some other gear look me up after the 20th

bob_luo4
monkeydevourer
 

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi! I like the idea of a big bad 2-hander :p Anyone tried ethereal 'Death' runeword in Decapitator/Colo Sword? With highlord's +gores you'd get 85% chance 2x dmg @ lvl 80 hehe
 

gohanthemystic

Diabloii.Net Member
tinncann25 said:
hey if ur not down with this in 2 weeks i might be able to give u greif zerker to test out

maybe i can look for some other gear look me up after the 20th

bob_luo4
monkeydevourer
I'm pretty sure it'll take me atleast that long to do it.... right now i'm just in act2 norm, and i'm trying to take it at a normal pace. what good is a build if it can't solo ya know :)

-Gohan
*BalmungAzureSky
 

Tastychiken_europe

Diabloii.Net Member
LorveN said:
just started with a 2-hand charger myself, planning to use some big weapon to become a one-hit-wonder, just for fun. Can report how it works when things start to become clear ;)
2-handers are more stylish, too many lame shield-users out there!! :lol:

Like I said I am one of those 2 handers and I find it to be better. Shields and blocking are for those who want to go toe to toe with other melee fighters or who can't take them with one hit.

my zealot is one of those "lame" shield user's and he goes toe to toe with all meele builds even if he will lose (smiters) and i do take ppl in one hit very often in duels (not paladins barb and druids though)

dont rant shields just beacuse u have a problem with 'em every1 should ask them self the right question; "Too Use A Shield Or Not? Thats The Question".

my friend has a frost crusader at lvl 80 now, wich doesnt stand a chance agaisnt high def and blockers. And there are so called "smart" ppl that will actually walk into combat isnt that just sick? :eek:
 

BlasphemousMusic

Diabloii.Net Member
Tastychiken_europe said:
my zealot is one of those "lame" shield user's and he goes toe to toe with all meele builds even if he will lose (smiters) and i do take ppl in one hit very often in duels (not paladins barb and druids though)

dont rant shields just beacuse u have a problem with 'em every1 should ask them self the right question; "Too Use A Shield Or Not? Thats The Question".

my friend has a frost crusader at lvl 80 now, wich doesnt stand a chance agaisnt high def and blockers. And there are so called "smart" ppl that will actually walk into combat isnt that just sick? :eek:


I am talking from my own experience, and trying to give people my side of the answer for to use a shield or not. Like I said my opinion is that a pure pvp charger should use charge as main and secondary skill. Work on getting 1-2 hit deaths with charge and no reason to stop and get into a hack and slash fest because you'll most likely lose to anyone who can do that. My charger is for charging and pure 1 hit dmg, as it is also my opinion, so there is no need for a shield.
 

HeavAngel

Paladin Moderator
gohanthemystic,
I'm going to unsticky this now. If you feel it should stay sticky a bit longer. LMK.
Thanks
 
Top