Godwin's law

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
There is a tradition in many Usenet newsgroups that once such a comparison is made, the thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress
If what you said was true, you apparently lost the discussion, which means what you said was wrong, which means you did not lose the discussion, which means..........
damn :D:D:D stupid law!

Did I win now?

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes. Because someone will always, always, always bust out the Hitler card. Eventually the discussion will boil down to "well Hitler did it this way" or "that's how Hitler got started". I can safely say after seeing hundreds of online discussions, this is true.

This really only applies to news/political discussions though. People can argue for days about video games without the discussion ever venturing beyond a virtual reality.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Poster X said:
then you'd be no better than Hitler
*punches 'Poster X' in the face*

I am well aware of this phenomenon
ignoring the fact that I know more about Hitler than whomever is inciting his name, because I hate the "I know more than you" card as much as the "omg ur hitler!1" card, just... how the **** is it always hitler!!!!!? I can't ignore it argh!! MORONS!!!!

I R TEH 1337 H!5T0R!4N, J00 D!3 1111!111!!!!

I think this thread hit a nerve...

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes ... it always seems to end up somewhere along the lines of this "Battle of the Bulge" tune

Panzerlied

PS: I didn't want to disappoint you Jmervyn ;)