Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

godly weapons

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by aTa, Feb 6, 2004.

1. aTa

aTa IncGamers Member

godly weapons

where to hunt for the herald of zakarum ? nightmare ? hell ? how bout the wizardspike ? what weapons is the best for hammerdin and where to find it ? pleaze help ..

2. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

I am not sure of the best places, but I have at least a half dozen of wizard spikes from hell meph..still trying to find the HoZ though

3. aTa

aTa IncGamers Member

oh hell meph ? i c i c

4. twn_domn

twn_domn IncGamers Member

--what weapons is the best for hammerdin and where to find it ? pleaze help ..

HotO. You cannot MF a vex. Maybe Countess run.

5. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

That is a bad idea. Countess can drop Vex and she always drop a rune does not mean she has a good chance to drop it. Actually, the chance of her dropping Vex is lower than most other late act monsters.

I would suggest baal runs. You may not find want you want. But that does not matter, since you will find something good enough to trade you one.

6. aTa

aTa IncGamers Member

countess run where is it ? baal hell or nm ? if baal nm issit okay ? how bout meph nm / hell ?

7. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Just wanted to pop in and say that just remember, wraith like monsters have 4 times more chances to drop runes in general, and because of that if you want runes the two sanctuary´s are the best place in 8 ppl games... Chaos and Arcane...

Ohh and the countess doesn´t always drop a rune, she has 4 possible picks for runes, it is different (i mean, she can drop up to 4 runes in just 1 drop)... someone else will be able to explain this better :p....

aTa: you may want to just mf hell mephisto or the pit´s in tamoe highlands, hell difficulty, and just pray to get lucky enough to find a valuable item and trade it for HoZ... that is the fastest way to get one :p :)

8. aTa

aTa IncGamers Member

wahhh issit so hard to find hoz ? where is countess run actually ?

9. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

You will know who is countess if you play the game through even once.

10. Kazuya-Mishima

Kazuya-Mishima IncGamers Member

-It depends on how legit u want to get and whether u want damge over life. Hoto is best wepen for damge but it lacks mana so ull end up using mana pots all day-if thats fine with u then ur good. I use wiz spike because its the crucial 50% cast not 40% and as long as ur hammer is above 10k damge ur fine to begin with-wiz actually saves me about 500 mana and life-but its all about what u like.

11. warrick

warrick IncGamers Member

One easy to find and effective weapon for a hammerdin is the unique Suicide Branch Burnt Wand.

Increase Maximum Mana 10%
    +40 to Life
    All Resistances +10
    Attackers Takes Damage of 25
    50% Faster Cast Rate
    +1 To All Skill Levels
    +150% Damage to Undead

12. Smack the Pony

Smack the Pony IncGamers Member

Suicide B easy to find ?? - Ive never seen a SB drop ( made +2000 hell/nm Mephisto runs) ..... I take it that Im just plain unlucky :)

13. Antiochous_3

Antiochous_3 IncGamers Member

I agree completely. I love the suicide branch, although i usually switch toa wiz spike later. Smack, you probably have never had one drop because its a low lvl item and hell meph doesnt dropo those much. Its fairly easy to trade for though becasue no one really uses it.

14. mastrinidad

mastrinidad IncGamers Member

My eyes are still bugging out when the ATA guy asked what a countess run is...

ACK...DUPER maybe?

15. evo_dragon

evo_dragon IncGamers Member

Definetly not a duper just someone who heard that hammerdins rule and wants to try a build. I understand why ppl flock to certain builds when they are seen as the best or whatever, but it often doesn't work out. I've seen lotsa hammerdin newbs who ***** all game about how they can't hit a thing, and how they are about to give up this char.
    To the thread starter, unless you are comfortable with meager dmging, hard to aim hammers I suggest trying simple builds with easy to find weapons. A zealot is still the easiest build, and has gotten better with more dmg and defense from synergies. Not to mention with the HUGE amount of new one handed uniques out there people are throwing away awesome zealot weapons because there are always better ones.

Anyway if you continue down hammerdin path (I'm assuming ladder play), until you get your wspike and hoz I suggest using a decent +2 rare pally shield and +2 rare pally sword to hold you by. Easy to find and both can get decent mods on it to help ya out. Good luck.

Dragon

16. conan

conan IncGamers Member

Searching for specific items is a waste of time, wear as much MF% as possible while maintaining Killing Speed and Survivability then kill several billion bosses and superuniques as well as any monsters you see in areas like: Act 1 Hell Pits, Mausoleum, Crypt, River of Flame, Durance of hate (meph) and of course Baal runs, do this over and over and you will: Either find the item you are searching for (Pure dumb luck) or more likely you will find plenty of kewl gear to trade for Items you covet.

PS kick all jars, pop all chests roll all skeletons and bodies, I just found an Ohm from a chest in Tamoe Highlands, you NEVER know.

17. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

I just reached 84 with my new hammerdin and have equipped him with wiz and HoZ. And I found both of these in.....the trading channels of course!

I now run Hell meph and trade these drops for what I want. If you plan on personally finding all the items you want to use then I hope you do not plan to start your new character this year :)

However if you do want to find HoZ the monster most likely to drop it is Griswold in Hell. There is a nice calculator for who drops what and where I found using Alta Vista search. Sorry but I cant remember what site was. Perhaps someone else could attach a link?

As for what is the best weapon? Well that is open to debate but as hammerdins are fcr dependant then wiz at 50% gives you a breakpoint by itself, ( see stickied maxhammerdin build at the top of page ) whereas HotO has more damage but at 40% needs another 10%fcr for the same speed. As mentioned earlier you also give up a heap of mana and resists too. With the right back up gear HotO owns but is expensive. My vote to wiz as best all round weapon choice and anyone who votes for any shield over HoZ belongs in the sorceress forum!

18. mastrinidad

mastrinidad IncGamers Member

i like to believe in the "naked helm" look for paladins..I use coronets for all my hammerdins because usually the rare ones can spawn with +2 to paladins, leech or/and fast cast and prismatic qualities. My hammerdin has one with decent (about 64) defense, +2 to paladin skills, 20% fcr and about 9% resists...oh..and 14% mf...I can still add a socket to put anything in it. Ill take this over any other helm for a hammerdin..