Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Godly Uber Summoner?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by deadmeatbh, Nov 15, 2006.

1. deadmeatbh

deadmeatbh IncGamers Member

Godly Uber Summoner?

Hey,
    i have tried a lot of builds but only a necro is the funest. I was wanting to know how to make a uber summoner.

Skills?
    Stats?
    Gear?
    And what Golem is best for this build.

Thanx

2. garion

garion IncGamers Member

search night fishes...build...

3. garion

garion IncGamers Member

4. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

I venerate nightfishy's guide, but tend to deviate from it a little. I tend to add skellie mages and I don't max CE. This is a totally personal decision based on my personal playing style (or maybe lack of playing style). I find the extra bodies and ability to do elemental/poison damage useful when I'm distracted by my kids hammering on my mouse and keyboard when they jump me. Besides, the kids like seeing all the different special effects of cold, lightining, fire, and poison flying around. "Looks pretty!" is usually the comment I get.

Good luck and Good Hunting,
    Kirah

5. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

I 2nd Kirah's "tweak"; mages are nice to have and max CE is pointless in Uber Trist. If your merc is using Infinity (probably ideal) the mages will pack quite a punch in normal play.

Ideal (might) merc setup in my opinion would be Infinity/Kira's/Glitched CoH. You can get away with lesser gear (I used Obediance). Also, you can swap in a Cham'd Guillames when not facing Mephy.

Your gear is basically the cookie cutter summoner stuff with CTA on switch highly recommended. Don't worry about stacked resists, because you should not be getting close to Mephy anyhow.

Use Clay Golem.

OK, that's my two cents.

6. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

not only is it pretty, that poison does pitiful dmg but can prevent the ubers from regenerating up to 10 mins! that way if your skellies get shattered, you can collect more w/o worrying about uber-regen! :point: stupid ubers.

7. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

You may also like the Lichmancer, also known as the Lord of Magi. Not quite as fast as an equivalent Skeleton Summoner, but you can...let it shoot at stuff. And it looks purty. And you don't have to worry about Immunes...(except for Pandemonium Megademons, but they're ugly).

8. gorf

gorf IncGamers Member

Hey Dead,

I'll take you for a demo of my summoner (the one who's gear I'm taking in order to offer on your Infinity). He's not exactly cookie cutter, as I hate not having anything to do while my skeles wail on bosses.

I have

20skel
    20master
    1rest of summon skills

20spear
    20spirit
    1 other necc. bone skills
    1 necc. curses.

I often find myself missing the huge CE my old summoner had, but my spirits are sufficient to take down A1 monsters in 1-2 hits, and to whittle down double PIs that amp doesn't break. He took down uber trist for the first time two nights ago, netting a 12/20 Storch, and then tried to pass the one infinity I owned back to my light sorc. Tried and failed...:rolleyes:

Hence my offer on your infinity!

look for me tonight if you want that demo!

Gorf *gorf37

9. DaemonAkuma

DaemonAkuma IncGamers Member

I wouldn't advise mixing in bone spells for an uber summoner...In fact, I would strongly insist that that route is not the one that can achieve the full potentil of the necromancer summoner...the power there comes from not having to do anything except cast 1 curse, then one CE, and everything falls down. Bosses get so pitifully mobbed by your army (yes, I believe army is a good word here) that not even the ubers can handle it and are completely overwhelmed. So anyway, this is my thing:
    Merc:
    Eth Thresher "Infinity"
    Eth bugged Fort AP
    Eth andy visage "Ral" (switched with Guillame's with IAS sometimes)

Myself:
    AOKL
    Perfect Shako "Um"
    15% ED Dusk Shroud "Enigma"
    Boneflame "Um" (3 skill, 27 res)
    Mage Gauntlets (for the +1 to CE)
    +3 Summon Skill ammy 3Rep Life
    Marrowalk's
    2x SoJs
    CTA and +3skill boneflame on weapon switch for Bo
    Torch
    Anni

I'm still looking for an Arach although people tend to ask way more for it than it's actually worth. But that's the deal so far along with some res scs and fhr scs. Skills: 20pts: Skellies, mages, Skellie mastery. 10pts Gmastery, 1 pt Gumby, 1 pt bone armor, 1pt into decrep, amp, lower Res, and Dim Vision. All the rest of mine I'm not plugging into CE...I think it's around level 13 now? I can solo, rush, uber, mf...everything with ease. Do notice, however, that I do not venture far from the summon tree...only for teeth and bone armor for a little extra defense.

10. gorf

gorf IncGamers Member

I've done it both ways, and done ubers both ways. There are no corpses in uber trist, so it's really not an issue not to have CE there. Did my pitiful 1500 damage BSpirits actually do anything? Well not much, to be sure, but they probably made some difference. What makes the build viable for ubering is revive, and 20skel/20mastery, enigma, and merc with infinity, all of which I've got, bone skills not withstanding.

If you're doing this with less than optimal gear, then yes, skip the bone skills, but with "uber" gear, your +skills will more than make up for the one point CE.

shako2
    mara2
    nigma2
    Hoto3
    arach1
    soj(s)1-2(depending on FCR reqs)
    Homun2
    Torch3
    Anni1
    BattleCommand1

and also lvl 19-20 Revive, which is all the urdars you'll ever need.

I would argue that my build is in no way less powerful than the traditional fishymancer, and has the added bonus of bone spirits (which are great for picking off Oblivion Knights, btw).

One comment I would make is that I found the Ubers easier the first time around. The one difference that I can attribute that to is that the first time I had a Beast Zerker in hand, rather than the hoto. I don't know how much that effects the # of Crushing Blows landed by the urdars and merc, but I would expect the optimal ubering necro to carry one.

11. SirBeetle

SirBeetle IncGamers Member

it's a huge waste of points to max CE. If you really want to uber, max out revives. Mages will probably die easily in uber runs, but skele warriors and revives will last a long time.

12. deadmeatbh

thanx everyone. ill try this build whenever i get my lvl up.

13. DaemonAkuma

DaemonAkuma IncGamers Member

Max revives? Seems almost wasteful; I do fine with 22+. I mean with the time constraints by the time u found viable corpses worth using (Urdars, Thrashers, Gorebelly's...etc) the first bunch you raised would have already disappeared. Besides, as u can see with my setup, I have uber gear. Still see no need in Bone spirit with CE. I mean, 1500 dmg spirit...or a single knight blown up and wiping out knights off the entire screen, oblivion or no? Personally I'd rather do that than have to try and pick them off with spirits. I simple click, boom, and hey, hit alt and pick up the goodies. *shrugs* I do have to congratulate you though for a more unique build. I am not trying to flame you of course...flaming is the last resort of the intellectually defeated. :)

No corpses in Uber? Unless my games have been glitched, CE has served to be of great use there especially when D felt the need in incessantly making more Pit Lords.

14. deadmeatbh

what are the main curses your going to use doing ubers?

15. Fists of War

Fists of War IncGamers Member

I'd use decrepify definately...if I actually could do ubers :(

16. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Corpses appear for me at a 50/50 ratio, depending on wether Diablo is feeling nice, he'll let me raise up some extra revives out of his little Pitlords :tongue:

17. KavikKang

KavikKang IncGamers Member

Hmmm... From this I would guess that my "Pure Summoner" build might be able to do Ubers with max revives up. I might have to try it some day when I can afford to lose an organ set if I don't make it:)