Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Godly Sorc Idea?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Dk Battalion, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Dk Battalion

Dk Battalion IncGamers Member

Godly Sorc Idea?

This would be most maximized with a Lightning sorc cause of the synergies with your Grand Charms. Basically make a kickass PvP Lightning Sorc with Energy Shield.

Head-Griffon Eye
    Neck- Fletch
    Armor- COH
    Gloves- Frostburns
    Belt- Mesh
    Rings- Soj's
    Boots- G or S spurs

Inv: Torch, Anni, Lite Lifers, 70/15s

With MS, and Telekensis maxed. I think you got something along the lines of 83% or 86% absorbed. The twist of this build would be to have a low req Infinity and Insight on the switch. That 17 Meditation Aura would keep your mana pumping in. For casting switch to the Infinity and start throwing Lightning out, and when your getting hit tele away with the Insight. I was thinking Infinity might not be the best choice. Maybe HOTO and Spirit so you can get the FCR BP. But Insight would really be essential. Just keep your cta in stash whenever you need to BO yourself, or make friends with a barb. Im thinking you should prolly pump all your stats into Vitality still cause ES won't absorb everything. With the SOJ's and Frostburns your already looking at double your mana from the start, Then if you can get yourself stacked with 70/15s and a good BO....GG

2. Dystopianday

Dystopianday IncGamers Member

I'm pretty much building this presently, except with the infinity on a merc and with Eschuta's and Ormus to maximize lightning damage.

With energy pumped and vit left at base, (and sojs/Frosties) you don't need Insight at all - your mana already returns at ridiculous rates. I'm adding charms and Spirit to get the mana over 4k with CtA - should make for invincibility. No life charms or resists needed.
    Also no vit needed. With ES maxed you should be taking < 20 damage from act bosses and Extra strong/etc. uniques, and nothing from normal monsters.

I've already done it with a superorb sorc (using fathom/nightwing's) and she can hell rush a million times faster than my decked-out 90 hammerdin. Only issue she has is Chaos, where merc gets killed more often than Kenny.

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

This is not a so novel idea and there is a pretty well working guide for PvP around here in the Sorceress Guide Library, leading to strategy.diabloii.net.

See here: Lightning Sorceress Guide

4. Dk Battalion

Dk Battalion IncGamers Member

Im well aware of pvp guides. The Strategy Compendium is simply outdated. They don't even account for torches or newer runewords so why direct people there. Believe it or not, not every thread in this forum needs to have a mod direct someone to the Archive or Library.

5. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Hmm seems i should have pointed to some of the other guides using ES aswell then. Sorry i didn't read out the post to the fullest. What you are suggestiing ist the add of some different equipment, but the skillpoint placement is still the same. We have some PvP/PvM Lightning guides using Infinity and other runewords aswell.

Please have a look into the library aswell for more ideas. Sorry for not reading out the post, the rudness does not help though.

thank you, meli

6. emar

emar IncGamers Member

Ummm GG indeed - cept you won't be the one doing the owning with a solid 65FCR. HoTo and Spirit could pump you up to a decent BP (8 Frames).

The reliance on Insight appears like it is going to be mass pansy duels.

You just picked the most ubar-est dupage equip you could come up with. So build it and enjoy - just make sure you actually read the guides on the forums to hit the most essential breakpoints. Oh don't expect to win everytime - others can afford that shiz just as well as you, eh.