Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Godly Pally helm

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by dagee, Apr 26, 2005.

1. dagee

dagee IncGamers Member

Godly Pally helm

I found this rare helm today. What do you all think: Glyph mask tiara: +2 pally skills, 20% faster cast rate, 7% life stolen per hit, +24 to strength cold resist 25% def 75. The only thing that I don't know is do casters get life leach. In other words, if I'm a hammerlin will the 7% life leach work when I'm casting hammers? Or does it have to be a physical hit with a weapon?

2. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

You can only leech with physical damage done by weapons. Had it been +life or other resists instead of life leech, that would have been awesome. Still useful though.

~Bails

3. Lanello

Lanello IncGamers Member

Sounds ub er to me.
    Lanello

4. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

if that had all resist and two sockets it would be uber super duber. Thats still uber though. I want it.

5. dagee

dagee IncGamers Member

The more I think about this helm the more I like it. There must be a good pally build that this helm would be idea for perhaps a liberator or some other pally that deal both magical damage as well as physical damage (this obviously utilize the 20% cast rate and 7% life leach). Socket this with diamond to increase resistances (or some type of faccet really would need to think about this) and this helm becomes very godly. Any suggestions for a build? I still think a hammerlin/ something is the way to go. Which other build would utilize the life leach?

6. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

I suppose the leech would still help out a hammerdin when using a backup skill against magic immunes. You could probably make it work. Anyway, for resists you'd have to socket with a resist all jewel or an um, perfect diamonds in a helm would give you +100 attack rating. Not too useful for a caster. Either way, it's the skills and fcr that make it good, and the other mods that make it great. The strength boost will be helpful, I'd say you should go ahead and socket that with resists, but that's just my opinion.

~Bails

7. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Nice idea in theory but there is only 1 monster thats truely immune to hammerdin and thats the wailing beasts in act 3 temples. The rest of the " magic immune" are undead and blessed hammer hurts them.

As for the helm , quite nice would be godly had it been prismatic not just single resist.

8. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

why do u want to use the life leech so much?

forget its even there, its a pretty useless stat :p

just make a hammerdin wear this :)