Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Godly MF Light Sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Khronikx, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Khronikx

Khronikx IncGamers Member

Godly MF Light Sorc

I know alot of people are going to say, nice gear but wheres the MF?
    IMHO ill probably find more items by being able to run areas faster than overloading MF and losing damage...

Now heres the gear im potentially looking at setting up my sorc with becuz my hdin is boring, and I see this bot using a light sorc for baal runs in full games, WTF!?!!?

Helm Griffon
    Body CoH
    Belt Arachs
    Gloves Magefist
    Boots War Travs .... theres your MF:thumbup:
    Rings SoJ x2
    Ammy Maras
    Weapon Hoto?
    Shield Spirit Monarch

Inventory
    gheeds
    anni
    torch

I cant tell this bot-sorcs gear obviously, but I can tell shes wearing shako&eschutas, would that be a better setup?

And I am interested in being able to run areas in a full game with my abandoned sorc that is currently wearing beginner MF gear = full tals, etc..
    cuz like I said before my HDin is boring and for area clearing, light > hammers

2. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Re: Godly MF Light Sorc

I'd rather have a 200 FCR - but good luck on crafting/acquiring that ammy!

You really missed the point I was making about MF in your other thread didn't ya.

3. Khronikx

not sure what your referring to but if its the rune drops...
    MF doesnt matter..

4. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

If you want MF, use a Blizzard sorc with tal's and run Ancient Tunnels...

Light sorcs are mainly used for running keys / rushing / runehunting, so they will not need any MF.

5. Khronikx

if thats the case that will work, regarding runehunting with light sorc...

would this gear allow me to kill cow king or hopefully his light immunity cannot be broken?

dont like blizz, and honestly dont feel like leveling a LF zon

6. ancalagon

ancalagon IncGamers Member

To OP: That's basically the best light sorc mf build out there, but what about merc? Also switch mages for chances if more mf is wanted, their fcr is not needed. For baal running, I swap arach for tgods and leave trangs / mages on. Try get a single 5 fhr sc for 60fhr breakpoint, even though with merc you're supposed to stay out of trouble. HOTO is way better than eschuta, and griffon is better than shako for effective damage overall.

Merc (Might or HF are best imo):

Eth andy 'fire res / ias jool' or ral
    Eth fort or Eth treachery
    Eth infy CA or Tresher

Dont think his light immunity can be broken since its too high iirc, but your merc will do the job. Also, try open the portal with another character and then bring your sorc in, since if you kill cow king you wont be able to do cows again. Or else try avoid cow king, but can be a gamble ...

Blizz is of limited use, you can only run Pindle Meph and AT. Pits are way better than AT (more packs). Blizz is best if you level up a sorc without doing the Nihla quest or getting Halls wp, so you can stick to Pindle running. But light sorc does all of that far better and faster, Tals Blizz is cheaper so depends on player really ...

And its false what you said, Light sorcs are used for everything. Especially mf and boss runs, after keyrunning. (Yes keyword was mainly keyrunning, but I disagree still)

7. Khronikx

I already use my sorc for MFing everything that she can, granted she does not have Infinity on the merc yet.

btw I do not want to break Cow Kings immunity, I want to be able to use 40k+ lightning and not kill him

8. ancalagon

Obviously since you state you don't have infinity, you cant break it so you wont kill him with even 100k lightning :crazyeyes:

But even with infinity you won't break it, just checked and his total light resistance is at 165. But like I said, he could be hard to spot sometimes and your merc might kill him in the nick of time ...

9. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

They CAN be used for everything, like hammerdins, but are they the best ones to be used for the subject in hand (Mf), no.
    Personally, I only use them for keyruns / rushes.

inb4, "Gear up that fishy and start running CS." (To my knowledge the nr 1 way to Mf)

10. ancalagon

Fishies are slow / boring XD

Light sorcs are actually the best all round mfers now since they can do AT and Baal faster than Hammerdin now (magic immune issues) without actually having to rely on merc to do the killing (ie just being present wielding Infy is enough). What do you consider the best for mfind then? Nothing beats light sorc imo. Hammerdin is faster in some game areas, but thats about it.

11. SeCKSEgai

In a previous thread, you were told the differences between an hdin and a light sorc. You still chose the hdin as you were having problems with the lite sorc. Now when you finally see someone/bot and actually see its potential, you change your mind.

As for the MF, you were complaining that things valued at pul weren't selling for you. It was brought to your attention that uniques on bnet were worth just a fraction of their value last year. The concept I had tried to impart to you was that if perfect magefists aren't selling for you, and only a few items hold significant value - mf is not a concern. There are other things you're focused on that aren't affected by MF....I even gave examples.....

Its things like this and that that make one less than eager to provide you additional support.

As for Cows, like previously mentioned, you can't break CoW King - you have to worry about merc killing him. Pits/AT are just like cows, only with the possibility of higher TC drops and lower concentration of numbers.

12. Khronikx

i dont know why youre always hating on my posts.... but as I have also stated, Ive played on and off since v1.08... there have been a couple patches where major changes took place aka 1.10..

now the only reason I asked differences between light sorc and hdin (have had both over level 90 several times) is that I wanted to see the effectiveness of each including sorc without infinity in v1.13...

wouldnt call it as much as complaining as I would say trying to find what other people are having luck trading, also it is not just perfect magefists, I listed a few things to get the point across on how low end items are not selling. increase rune drop rates and now previous HR's are not HR's = screwing the trade values of everything.

must say for first time running AT ive had better drops than ive had the past week (my second week of playing 1.13) running pretty much everything a1-a5

and thank you all regarding the cow king, knew he would stay immune in the past but with blizzard you never know how a patch is going to effect in game play.

13. SeCKSEgai

What you perceive as hate, is probably more annoyance.

Here's an example from one of your threads:

Re: Help My HDin
    You're right, I forgot he has Enigma in both builds. I've updated my previous post to include it. Bottom line, he still has the exact same MF as when he started this thread.

As for charms, he did not list any, and those are pretty simple. If you want MF charms, there's really only 2 options: Gheed's and MF charms. However, he specifically listed his gear and asked how to improve it for his MF'er. I'm simply pointing out that what he is doing with his character is not what he asked advice for.

And I may be presumptuous here, but based on his posts I get the feeling he does not join 8 player games to MF. You are correct, killing effectively in a full game is far different from a solo game MF'er. He mentioned improving MF but never mentioned 8 player games so I geared my advice as such.

And this is just one of several replies to your Lite Sorc thread:

The only thing that my hdin can survive well that my sorc can't is exploding dolls - but even then, all my sorc does is use the merc to tank them so they don't explode on her.

Don't know why Meph is giving you trouble unless you still haven't spec'd into vit yet - on bnet its harder to get to him (with all the map changes) than it is to kill him.

I don't use my lite sorc on chaos because of the possibility of seal bosses spawning unbreakable lite immunities - but in general she can go anywhere and confined areas which really nerf my hdin (or any for that matter) she shines. With Baal, the only pain (aside from the 5 waves in general) is if Lister spawns immune, but if you're solo you can just lure him out of Baal's view if he's taking too long."

Hdins depend on your hunting areas - since they finally fixed the hammers piercing magic immunes, they're a LOT slower running baal. My hdin basically lives at the Pandemonium Fortress because no one I have is faster overall at clearing seals at speed. My lite sorc is just as fast, until a seal boss spawns immune, then its having to wait for merc, slowing me down quite a bit.

The biggest problem I have always had with hdins is that spin - in confined areas its really irritating, especially when I'm used to sorcs and sins. My pure lite 200 fcr sorc will smoke through pits and baal typically, so unless you really enjoy hdins or really hate sorcs, I would say a lite sorc is better overall (with the right gear)."
    _________________________________________________________________________________

Summary - Why do you ask if you answer your own questions the way you see fit? Why ask at all if you already know what answer you'll choose and waste people's time on the forum when they could spend that time helping players who actually want and need the help?

Your original lite sorc thread has you stating you want to stick to the sorc if possible, and after several people spent time providing insight for YOUR benefit, you drop her like a bad habit for the Hdin you said you wanted to avoid.

Even though people pointed out for you that Hdins can get very boring and have trouble with particular areas, you simply ignored them. Wanting to try them both and see what you like better is no big deal, but when you repeatedly ask questions, ignore what more experienced people tell you, and then post how amazed you are at a lite sorc WTF! - you're basically telling people not to pay attention to your posts.

You could say a lot of it is your choice of words - If your post started more like this, "Well, I tried an Hdin, and like people warned me, it got boring. I just needed to experience it for myself. So, I've gone back to my lite sorc..."

Instead of :

"I know alot of people are going to say, nice gear but wheres the MF?
    IMHO ill probably find more items by being able to run areas faster than overloading MF and losing damage...

Now heres the gear im potentially looking at setting up my sorc with becuz my hdin is boring, and I see this bot using a light sorc for baal runs in full games, WTF!?!!?"

That kind of mentality belongs on JSP. If you don't understand what I mean by that, spend some time there.

14. Khronikx

hmm interesting you posted people replies one i know from my thread and the others from someone elses thread, but none of my own.. that insight mention there, if it was from a post of mine i cant recall.. doubt it is considering (read below) I use insight since day one.

also, it must blow past your thought process about how "I have played a lite sorc and hdin past 90 several times" looking for game play opinions for a current patch vs a past, patch notes dont give you an explanation of how it affected in game play.. naturally removal of IM is an obvious one

I have always in the past used my lite sorc w/o infinity for MF to gear other characters, in 1.11-1.12 I started using her to gear my HDin who was presummably faster/easier for baals, until I could afford infinity... which at the point continued using my HDin and just created PvPers

I have noticed you post alot of the same things on other people threads though... "why post if your not going to accept suggestions, why post if your going to answer your own questions, etc etc". seems more like you dont care what anothers suggestions or opinions are, you want them to go with what your opinion is..

why not just reply as "why post if your not going to agree with me"? i believe forums are intended for discussions, now what is a reliable discussion without disagreements?

so tell me.. why is that?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  15. ancalagon

I dont want to get in the middle of your little talk, but I can say from my experiences that mfing for uniques is a lost cause. The only uniques of real value are either near perfect to totally perfect low to mid TC's, or else TC87's, and the chance to drop any of those is just really low to astronomically low. What you actually want to do is lower as much magic find you can (you stated this yourself, I know) to improve killing speed and at the same time find a good balance between drops of rares, blues and socketables, which in 90% of cases prove to be much more valuable than most uniques, and drop much easier than a specific unique item. I usually go with 50 -100 mf and no more. Also, what really sells at all times are keysets (I have the cheapest keyrunner ever who can be built quickly at start of ladder, practically 0 expensive items and clears all 3 in 5 to 7 mins), flawless gems from LK and chaos (cube them into 40 packs for an ist, at least on euro, you will get lots of these fast, its only in the beginning it seems that the collection is going slow), jewels, and low runes for craft packs (countess is really the bomb now, and you're also farming her for keys). Crafting material on the euro trading forum where I do 90% of all my trades is fetching insane prices atm, and ist for every 40 pack of low runes, puls to ums for 5 jewels, etc. Socketables have good value this ladder too, they can fetch insane prices for the right one. And with this forums bidding system even more. Magic finding *just* for the sake of uniques / sets is really old fashioned now.

If you really want to magic find for the purpose of uniques / sets just farm pindle over and over, to avoid bans make pindle games where you mix say the keyruns with pindle. Not worth it spending time in the pits and tunnels if you (not the OP per se, anyone in general) are only interested in uniques. Pindle is the best, unless you're really fixed on finding Tyraels might and cant afford to trade an Arach or Azurewrath.

16. Khronikx

yeah thats what im starting to notice now, which is why im about to drop my hdin and fully gear my light sorc... I mean i found a low griffons the other day (in 1.12 griffons was expensive no matter the stats) and now its worth crap because its low and not perfect...

ive had more luck trading my superior/non superior 3os and 4os armors over anything else, so I think a max damage output light sorc will work just fine using only war travs as a source of mf, assuming I dont find some good rares to replace those with, aka tri-res with some mf or what not

id have to agree with the keysets & crafting supplies statement as well.. i notice alot of people including my self practically over paying to get crafting supplies fast.. 3keysets for ist constantly.

I have one question regarding that, would it be worth using keysets to gamble for a high torch, sell unid torches, or are torches practically not worth the value per time as ive heard so far? (heard even a perfect ptorch nowadays is only 1-2HR's?, if thats the case prob just sell the remainder of my keys since in the end it would be more efficient to just buy a torch)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  17. ancalagon

Speaking for Europe, middle to high sorc / pala torches still have very good value, and perfect or 20 / 15+ torches still have insane prices. Same for annis too. As for gambling for torches ... depends if you want to spend time organhunting and UT running or not, can work out very good in the long run, but not over just a few runs. To get your own torch in the beginning, just sell some stuff or keysets for a few ists, dont stay UTing for it. An unid torch is 2 ist but I dont think it sells that much anymore.

After you fill up some accounts with torches you can make a thread selling all torches for literally anything, high ones for ists and low to middle ones for pgms or craft supplies which can again be transmuted into ists / hr's. In the end it depends on how much time and effort you want to put into trading, I put a lot personally and my wealth is starting to take off, slowly but steadily. It's much easier than before to build wealth in D2 now :)

18. Khronikx

im assuming you use a smiter? i used to clear UT in 30seconds in 1.12 with my smiter, but decided to try a ribcracker druid this season and so far, not so good, granted he does need a few more items to be complete, cant do it like my smiter did since no salvation...

anyway.. approx how much are mid-high S/PTorches going for on europe? I was told 2ists for unid torches on west where im playing, but havent traded any. got a 16/15 ptorch first run and then a 19/10 ztorch... have more keys but my druid still needs work dont feel like bugging any more smiters to come kill meph for me..

19. ancalagon

Smiter ... simply the best and an all round classic, especially if you want to make UT a profession. Other classes are simply slower and inferior. Last wishes and griefs and exiles are not needed, well grief would do great later on but the other 2 are just unnecessary.

Depends on the stats ... theres a sticky to prices in the trade values section, just for Europe. Like I said your aim will be to do mass UT runs and then after amassing a lot of torches, just sell everything. You cannot give up in the face of a few bad streaks with crappy torches, though.

20. Khronikx

yeah maybe ill do that this season, did it last season but only held 8 torches + 1-3 more on another account, muling got irritating..

but im about to setup fast user switching with another set of keys so itll be alot easier