Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Godly Fire Sorc Guide

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Foxy, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxy

Foxy IncGamers Member

Godly Fire Sorc Guide

Godly Fire Sorc Guide

FHR:Faster Hit Recovery
    FCR:Faster Cast Rate
    PVP:player Vs Player
    PVM:player Vs Monster
    MF:Magic-Find
    40/15:40% Enhanced Damage, 15% Ias Jewel

-=Skills=-

~Fire~
    20 Fire Bolt
    20 Fire Ball
    20 Meteor
    20 Fire Mastery
    1 Hydra
    1 Warmth
    1 Inferno

~Lite~
    1 Static Field
    1 Teleport

~Cold~
    1 Frozen Armor

1 Into Pre-Reqs

You Will Have Alot Of Points Left Over, Just Put Them Into Whatever You'd Like

-=Stats=-

Str:None, But If You Need To, Put A Couple In For Your Gear
    Dex:Same For Strength
    Vit:All
    Ene:None

-=Gear=-

[PvP]
    Helm:2-20-(Shael) Circlet w/ Res, Harlequin Crest(Um)
    Armour:Up'd Vipermagi(Um)(50 res), Ormus Robes(5-5 Fire Facet)+3 Fire Ball
    Weapon:Heart Of The Oak(40 Res), Eschutas 20% Fire(5-5 Fire Facet)
    Shield:Spirit Monarch(35 Fcr), Lidless Wall(Um, 5-5 Fire Facet)
    Gloves:Magefist
    Boots:Etheral Sandstorm Treks, Waterwalk Sharkskin Boots
    Belt:Arachnid Mesh
    Rings:Sojs, Rare Fcr Rings w/ Res Mods
    Amulet:Armageddon Fletch, Mara's Keleidescope(30 Res), Tal Rasha's Amulet
    Charms:Hellfire Torch 20/20, Annihulus, 9x Fire Gcs /w Life, 20+ Life Scs, 5+ Res Scs

[Mf]
    Helm:Harlequin Crest(Ist)
    Armour:Tal Rasha's Armor(Ist)
    Weapon:6os Crystal Sword(Ist,Ist,Ist,Ist,Ist,Ist), Occulus(Ist)
    Shield:4os Monarch(Ist,Ist,Ist,Ist), Lidless Wall(Ist)
    Gloves:MageFist
    Boots:War Traveler
    Belt:GoldWrap
    Rings:Nagel Rings(30% MF)
    Amulet:Tal Rasha's Amulet
    Charms:Hellfire Torch 20/20, Annihulus, Gheed's Fortune(40% MF), 7% Magic Find Scs

[Switch]
    Weapon:Call To Arms Crystal Sword or Flail(+6 To Battle Orders)
    Shield:Spirit Monarch, Lidless Wall

[Merc]
    Type:Act 2 NM Defensive(Holy Freeze)
    Helm:Any Good Helm With Life Steal, Etheral Andariels Visage(Um, Jah, Ber, 40/15), Delirium
    Armour:Etheral Fortitude, Etheral Stone, Etheral Up'd Shaftstop(Ber)
    Weapon:Etheral Breath Of The Dying Collosus Voulge(415% Enhanced Damage), Etheral Infinity, Etheral Insight

Type:Act 5 Barbarian
    Helm:Etheral Areats(Ber, Jah, Um, 40/15)
    Armour:Etheral Fortitude
    Weapon:Etheral Breath Of The Dying Collosus Blade(415% Enhanced Damage

[Places To MF]
    Catacombs Level 4(Andariel)
    Frigid Highlands(Shenk, Eldritch)
    Durance Of The Hate Level 3(Mephisto)
    Pits
    Tower Cellar Level 5(Countess)
    (Basicly Just Go Anywhere Where There Are NO Fire Immunes)

[PvP]
    Use Fire Bolt So You Don't Spend Alot Of Mana, It Has Just As Much Damage As Fire Ball
    Use Teleport Constantly, Try To Fake Out Your Opponent By Teleing The Other Way And Shooting At Them
    Try To Avoid Getting Hit, Sorceresses Can't Take Alot Of Damage
    With 200%FCR, You Can Just Shoot Randomly Into The Open And Just Hope Someone Runs Into One Of Your Fire Bolts
    You Don't Need To Be Chasing People, Let Them Come After You While You Shoot At Them

With All Gear, You Should Be Doing Around 20k Damage, That Is More Than Enough

[PvM]
    Use Your Skills Well
    Such As Meteor For Taking Out Large Masses Of Monsters At Once
    Use Fire Ball For Splash Damage On Groups Of Enemies
    Use Hydras To Scout Areas So You Don't Need To Tele Into Places With The Risk Of Getting Shot By Ranged Attackers
    Use Static Field On Large Groups Of Monsters With High Life, Or Bosses To Save Time
    Also, Remember To Enchant Your Merc To Give Him More AR + Damage

Guide Made By Nicky@USEast
    If You Have Any Questions Just Message me /w *Nicky
    And I Can Help You​

2. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

Pretty good guide it states all the basic things just doesn't go too in depth

3. calibansfury

calibansfury IncGamers Member

Yeah, that's not really a guide as much as a build-sheet. Nothing revealed here, just the basics. Didn't really reveal anything on the build that isn't right in the list of synergies on the skill screen.

And--now I really don't want to get hit for trolling here, but the gear is kind of comical bud. You not only list the items, but the best items. The best items with the best runes. The best items with the best runes and the best stats.

Show me the guy that has a ebotd 415% on his merc, a 6ist sword, a 35 spirit, an isted occy, isted shako, a 20/20 torch (of course! never seen one, but sure!), perfect war travs, etc, etc, etc....and I'll show you a thing called lithium, because that entity doesn't exist.

I'm really not coming down on you, I'm just providing feedback. The best guides a) reveal something new about the character build, b) show a tweak to improve upon a long-standing character build, c) show ways that both the poor and the wealthy can become "godly" (getting 12-14K on Meteor doesn't take much, and is more than enough to take down hell Meph), or a unique way to use certain skills--i.e. having widowmaker on switch to 'chant in PvP and pepper your FB dodging barb/smiter/other pesky opponent in the moor until he gets close enough to toast.

Expand, give us more, and mostly, give us something new that expands our knowledge and enjoyment of the game.

But you've got a start!

calibansfury

4. conor rocks

Yea consider this as a rough draft that you can work on.

5. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

I'll just be blunt. This is a list of top of the line gear. The only thing "godly" about this guide is the cost of the items in it, which for some reason are all perfect. I suppose this is to appear impressive. Strange though, you include an MF setup, despite the fact that the recommended gear is far out of the reach of a player who is at the MF stage of their career. Anyway, it's common knowledge that a Fire sorceress is not a terrible efficient MFer. She can't Chaos. She has trouble with many enemies in Worldstone.

You don't even provide information on how to combine these items. Someone could use a set of the items you list and fail to hit most important breakpoints. Your PvP section states that you should get 200 FCR and shoot randomly in the hope that someone gets hit. This portrays a complete lack of understanding of the character.

I wouldn't be harsh about this, except that your poll is clearly not designed for feedback. The worst possible rating is decent, which this guide doesn't deserve. If you posted for advice or called this a rough draft, it'd be fine, but you didn't, as advertised by the fact that the single "Godly" vote is by you.

Since there is no "Poor" option in the poll, I'll start one.

Poor: 1, 33%
    HappyAssassin

6. Inked

Inked Banned

All i can say is, Owned by HappyAssassin lmao. Thanks for making my night just a tad better.

I put my poll to decent if this is a rough draft but if not i agree 100% with Happy.

7. conor rocks

And you forgot to suggest eth stone for merc.

8. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

Your mfing gear dosn't match at all... it's just gear with ists in it... Theres barely any res, no fcr, so on.
    Your pvp gear is just perfect this that...
    Your merc gear is one setup... when theres plenty of different things possible...
    No strats...

9. disc

disc IncGamers Member

youve stated no points in str only a couple if you need to. were is the str coming from to equip spirit monarch?
    aditionally like has been stated youve just listed some nice items and equipment but not suggested what combination these can be used in, you may of well just posted a link to the arreat summit item page. its ok for a draft to build on but i dont think its a pvp or pvm guide as such. needs alot more research for it to be useful to anyone who would like to build a fire sorc.

10. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

The fact that all the text is in the middle and that everythin starts with a capital letter is both wrong and makes the text annoying and hard to read.

Also, you suggested the use of Armageddon Fletch, which is a dupe, and that's considered "pimping of dupes" if I'm not totally wrong.

Also the guide is too short and some of the gear choices are far from optimal.

Also you did not explain why you should to go with no blocking. That's an important thing to tell. No blocking and no ES means dead in PvP.

Also, you placed the + mark in the wrong place when talking about small charms:
    20+ means 20 or more
    +20 means adds exactly 20
    5+ means 5 or more
    +5 means adds exactly 5

Also you lack explanations for everything. This guide would most likely be laughed out even in D2jsp.

Also, your PvP strategies are flawed and lack explanation. They also assume that the opposing side is a total no-brainer.

Also, why put up the abbreviation for "FHR" when you didn't use it even once?

You should really read the rules of the forum, get more experience and think it over.

As pointed out already, not a single person who's in their MF stage has 11 ists to socket into their gear. Also this will seriously cripple your damage.

11. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

Yeah the guide has an annoying indentation

Ergo, it sucks :)

12. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Yeah, because ALL the BvC guides NEVER suggest 3/20/20's or the "common" duped boots on each realm do they?

Get more hypocritical please Ce Olba, you haven't been boasting about BvC's enough recently.

As to the guide, nothing special, may give newer players ideas of what to aim for.

13. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

The guides might do so. However I do not. I always talk about max/ar/life scs and double/triple resistance boots.

I use exactly 1 classic dupe on my BvC and that's it. And no, it's not 32020. I've never directly suggested the use of 32020s or any realm specific dupes. I'm the one who asks from people that suggest such items that why do they do so. I only suggest max/ar/life scs, ar/life scs, double/triple resistance boots. If you start whining about suggesting Enigmas, then you're a fool.

Also you should take notice that the stats setup which I suggest to be optimal doesn't depend from any dupes, however it does assume perfect items (mainly torch, anni, the ar/str ring, dracs)

14. disc

disc IncGamers Member

so you use one classic dupe, the poster suggests using one dupe, why are you more legit than him?

15. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

It's not about me being any more legit than him.

The difference between using and suggesting is quite a bit.

The difference between me and him is that he suggests using dupes and most likely uses them himself, which is against of the rules of the forums (suggesting the use of dupes that is), whereas I use dupes but do not suggest using them. So he is breaking the rules, I am not. That's a difference.

I'm not wanting to start a discussion about the legitimacy of dupes, or any kind of discussion if I do not like someone suggesting dupes and I use some myself. Of course if I could afford I would rather use godly legitimate ones, except that even the best ones of those can only have triple 40 resistances compared to about the triple 45-48ish on the classic dupes.

16. jake007

jake007 IncGamers Member

I'm just laughing at the poll choices :D

17. Arbedark

Then maybe you should go post in the guides about how its against the rules eh? And maybe we should get these guide posters reported?

Different rules for different people just dont apply.

Also technically the difference between suggesting and using is different, as you say, insofar as USING a dupe is worse than suggesting the use of a dupe. I may SUGGEST to kill President Bush, but ACTUALLY killing President Bush would be illegale and worse that the suggestion of the act.

Isn't the use of dupes in anyway breaking Blizz's EULA? In which case I believe you are breaking much more serious "rules" than him...

18. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Well, it actually depends from the view of the moderator of the corresponding forum. I mean, most of the famous people who have suggested usage of dupes have gotten banned for flaming (example: blobs).

However suggesting to kill President Bush might lead into some maniac actually committing the act. As for suggesting or using dupes, there's no rule in the forums that says that you cannot be in the forums if you use duped items. Or is there?

The usage of dupes breaking the EULA? Do you use any items with runes higher than a Mal? If the answer is yes, you also do it. If you talk about using classic non-ladder only dupes, all I can say is that it's inevitable, Blizzard cannot stop the duping of such items, there will always be that 1 original copy until some good-hearted person sells that to Charsi. Until then, no one should really whine about a person _using_ dupes. As for the forums, it's in the rules that you cannot "pimp" or "aid" the usage of dupes, which translates into suggesting the use of them. I do not do that. However yes, I do use some dupes items, but that's not against of the forums rules unless you take "aid the pimping of dupes" as "use dupes thus help their popularity".

Also, this guy is clearly using such duped items, he wouldn't suggest them without doing so, so he is doing whatever I'm doing and more, from the forum point of the view.

19. Arbedark

Using dupes, is CLEARLY "aiding the usage" of dupes, and stating that you use dupes is "pimping the usage" of dupes, as you are stating that dupes are cheaper than legit items.

So therefore you are breaking the rules which you are so carefully trying to uphold in order to make yourself feel important.

What has this got to do anything? All the BvC guide writers should be banned if you are going by the general forum rules. And yes, they got banned for flaming as you have said, not suggesting dupes, meaning that it is indeed "1 rule for BvC's" and "another rule for the rest"...

How on earth is it clear?

I suggest using a 1.08 Valk for a Kick / Trapper, yet I don't use or even own one myself. Just because you suggest use of the best item for the task doesnt mean that you use it yourself.

20. disc

disc IncGamers Member

you USE the dupes he suggests the dupes yet you think you have the moral high ground? what a strange view of things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.