Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Godly Druid Items?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by mondo1023, Apr 8, 2004.

1. mondo1023

mondo1023 IncGamers Member

Godly Druid Items?

I am trying to make an uber-godly wind druid, and currently have the following items that I am sure about:

40 Hoto
    Dusk Enigma (12xx def)
    Um'ed SS
    Arachs
    Trang Gloves
    +3 Elemental / 10 fcr ammy (this over maras cuz i should have enough resists from other stuff such as um'ed ss)
    20/20/x anni

Following Items I am still in limbo about:

Helmet: I am thinking between Nice COA, Nice delerium + 3 tornado helm, nice rare/magic +2druid/+3 tornado helm, nice 20FCR/(+2 druid or + 3 elemental)/2 sockets/other mods circlet. Cant decide which.... ahhhh...

Rings: I need 10 FCR more than my "definite" items to pass the 99% BP, so probably one of these has to be a nice fcr/mana/resists/life/stats ring, and the other can be a soj i guess.

Boots: Aldurs (life and fire resist), Sandstorms (vit, str, fhr, high def if ethereal), or shadowdancers (more fhr than sandstorms, dex)

Goals: To have the least stat points in STR and Dex (shooting for around 50 str and 150 dex), and all the rest in VIT. To pass 99% FCR breakpoint, and to have high FHR as well (maybe 99% bp too, depending on boots helm and ele charms with fhr). Main goal: to have godly pvp wind druid. Any advice from the experts would be much appreciated. :):)

Edit: What about merc? I am currently thinking defiance merc with doom ethereal cryptic axe (already have a godly eth superior 376% doom cryptic).

2. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

Use Magefist over Trangs gloves. You shouldn't need the extra 30% cold resist and the 25% mana regen is nice.

3. mondo1023

I thought about that, and i figured I rather have the cold resist stack in case of cold sorcs using -resist items versus some mana regen cuz i should have enough mana where it wont come to that. :) thanks for the input though! :)

4. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Dont forget to drink mana pots while dueling, thats what "goodly-wise" wind druids do in pvp (we know what happens when not using wizz+magefist).

5. mondo1023

yep! new to the pvp scene, and didn't realize they were legit in pvp until someone told me they used them all the time the other day. so yeah, another reason to use trangs over magefists. :)

6. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Well, it wasnt my intention to point about being legit drinking mana pots in pvp...much better just the opposite.

What about drinking potions to be poison inmune? or cold inmune?<---Yummm!!!!!
    read this for the ultimate full lamexor-uberr-goodly-powner dueler
    http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=163252

hey! why not drinking heal pots? or full replenish?...tsk tsk tsk.

"And he recalled the old days of glory again, and it wasnt the last time"

Fer

P.S. Why they say I never post usefull stuff? :scratch:

7. mondo1023

mana pots is one thing, but using those is just super lame IMO. the way to justify mana pots is that otherwise any melee char with high RW would own spell-casters. all they would have to do is run run run till the caster runs out of mana, then come in for the kill. using thawing/antidote etc, you may as well just stack your inventory with full rejuvs. btw, is there any "official" dueling ettiquette with regards to mana potions?

oh.... and i still need help with the initial problem. :):)

8. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

back in 1.09 pro pala duels, specially VT and liberators duels, both casters, use to last for 20 or 30 min, sometimes even more. You needed mana regen stuff and, when runing out of it, it was your turn to run away and dodge the oppoenets attacks till u get the mana back. Even skills as meditation at high levels where considered BM. Now, I find no reason at all for this "ettiquette" to be diferent. Again, its just IMO. If u are a caster and have infinite mana founds using higest-damage-wise gear, you are having a clear advantge over the others.

For your problem, its easy, if u are to drink, use hoto/To gloves. If not, wizz/mages. Im building a wind druid myself, and for sure ill use the last setup, dont mind about losing at all. For the all about
    Code:
    whining
    wining, we had the old bugged chars. Its just a matter of style.

About the gear, to be goodly:
    -Use expensive +2 druid +19 fcr stats/prismatic over any maras, this makes you be really "unique" (plus is better).

-Shaco (jah) beats all.

-You cant be uber without 10 nature skills/3x life (on over 40 makes you be god)

-Soj (if u r to drink, bulk band gives more life)

-Eth sandstorm.

You cant lose a match!

Enjoy
    Fer

9. mondo1023

to me a 30min duel seems kinda lame... don't get me wrong, so is a 5 second one like sometimes happens, but something like 5min is long enough. :)

Sure thing about the ammy, if i can find one.... but i doubt that if anyone had one they would part for it for even 5x++ sojs.

the elemental charm part is obvious, except i would probably switch a few with ele/fhr ones depending on what BP i am close to for fhr.

why the sandstorms over say shadow dancers for example? they provide less fhr and about the same stat mods (15/15 vs 25). The sandstorms have a bit more defense if eth, but i think i rather have 10 extra fhr.

As for the shako, i definitely disagree. sure its 100+ life and mana and +2 skills, but it has no resists and no DR and not very much + skills compared to alternatives. It seems much better to go with resists/dr and 1 less skill (COA, which you also have TWO sockets on to do with as you wish), or a godly rare/magic/delerium druid helm with +2skill/+3 tornado.

thanks for all the feedback btw!

10. Nathanjk

Nathanjk IncGamers Member

Dont forget that the mana and life on the shako do not get multiplied by battle orders.

11. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Perf Set-Up for me would be somethin like

40 HoTO
    Enigma (maybe go low str so you can use base?)
    -15req, 15 res all SS
    +3 Elemental, +19fcr, resistance ammy
    Shako with Shael
    Arachnid
    2 Soj
    Trang Gloves
    Eth Sandstorm

12. mondo1023

What is it with people and their shako's? there are definitely better helms for a druid like a perfect coa with 2 nice items in the sockets or a nice rare/magic/delerium helm with +2skills/+3 tornado. either of those 2 would be much better IMO. and still no answer as to why sandstorms are better than shadow dancers. ;)

as for the amulet, i can keep dreaming. i wonder how many of those even exist let alone are for trade.

13. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Quiet about CoA? Anyone knows Jalal's owns it k thx.
    +skills aren't all important, hell my windy only has 6 ele charms and I do fine.
    FHR is only really important vs doom smiters and trappers.

BTW, you asked for a set-up, but you obviously know what you want, so whatever, I like to think I know a bit about wind druids though.

14. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

None of those exist. You can't have a +3 tab on a rare or crafted amulet.

15. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

STFU Mep!! (totally forgot, rofl)
    +2 druid then k thx >_<

16. mondo1023

didnt mean to offend. i DONT know what i want, i am more like playing devil's advocate here. :lol: as for jalal's vs. coa, i'm no expert, but it seems that all jalals has that coa doesnt is +1 more skill (none of which will help my battle order on the switch) and some str and energy. On the other hand, Coa has DR (important IMO), 2 sockets (AWESOME, can easily make up for no str energy), and more defense. plus, the sockets give you flexibility with what exactly you want to accomplish with the helm, whereas jalals has no flexibility. as for + skills and what not, my main concern is that this is a viable pvp char vs ALL classes. hence i need the FHR, and the +skills. if i fight another druid with more +skills, statistically i am bound to lose. once again, didnt mean to offend or say you were wrong. i am trying to play devil's advocate a lot here just so i can see the arguements for using 1 item over another. and ideally, would a +2 skills + 3 tornado helm be better than either? :scratch:

17. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I still like shako, but Jalal's vs. CoA (coa is fuggin ugly for one, I HATE crowns) you really don't need a lot of fhr. And +1-5 skills isn't going to change the outcome of a battle, since it's a lot of strategy.

18. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Okay, you can upgrade the helm and it will be on part for defense. Of course I wouldn't be cause of the str. req.

The Jalals will always have perfect resists, the CoA will not. CoA also varies in sockets.

CoA requires 174 strength. Which is A LOT. Jalals requires 65 str. Much better for a caster build. Jalals also gives strength and energy, which cannot be made up by ANY socket you put in CoA.

DR can be made up by a socket. You'll probably be using storm + enigma at least vs. physical duelers, so you only need 8% more DR.

The main strengths of Jalals is that it has low req's, FHR, resists, and +2 druid skills. It only gets 1 socket, but oh well.

Oh yeah, Jalals is useable at 42, CoA takes 82.

19. mondo1023

good arguements by both of you guys. so now why shako vs. jalals one way or another? fenris, you seem to love that shako. why would you choose it over jalals?

also guys, boots: shadow dancers vs. eth sandstorms. can someone gimme a breakdown of why one is better than the other? esp if i wanna minimize my stat points and put least points into dex and str as possible.

20. mondo1023

but they will make the difference between 2 evenly matched opponents strategy-wise. those 100 extra points of damage i deal could be the difference between me dying and me staying alive by a smidgen.