Well I just foud this neat weap
CADUCEUS
5 SOCKETS
3 FANATISISM
2 CONVERSION
3 VENGENCE
ETHEREAL
55-64 DMG

So I am thinking about making it into the "eternity" runeword or is it worth zod and 4 nice jewels,or its only good to make a nice golem? jk
anyway any positive feeback or opinion will be greatly aprecciate it.THX in advance

Evanta

Diabloii.Net Member
d2 junkie said:
Well I just foud this neat weap
CADUCEUS
5 SOCKETS
3 FANATISISM
2 CONVERSION
3 VENGENCE
ETHEREAL
55-64 DMG

So I am thinking about making it into the "eternity" runeword or is it worth zod and 4 nice jewels,or its only good to make a nice golem? jk
anyway any positive feeback or opinion will be greatly aprecciate it.THX in advance
Eternity is not exactly a good runeword though. I dunno though, the +s might compensate for the low damage of the caddy in comparison to other eth. items you might find.

YomoKimyata

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, Eternity seems like it was created by a random number generator -- with no IAS on the runeword, I don't see a lot of upside for Eternity in this critter.

Just thinking out loud:

Seems that the best socketing for this would be (theoretically) ZOD + 4x 40ED/15IAS jewels, in which case you would have a weapon about as fast than a BoTD berserker axe. The Fanaticism adds +51% ED and the Vengeance adds 18% x three types of damage (assume here that opponent has no resistances) for a total of 265% ED.

I think it would be usable, but for the cost to make it godly, I think you are much better off using a BoTD -- even a non-ethereal one. I don't know a lot about Paladins, but I think I would use the Zod for other purposes. unless you have a bunch of them lying around, in which case you should give one to me!

Any1

Banned
That would work pretty well with Eternity. As for some of the other opinions:

"with no IAS on the runeword, I don't see a lot of upside for Eternity in this critter."

A Fanat Pala doesn't need IAS with a WSM -10 weapon. The runeword itself is very good.

Indestructible (beautiful, you don't even need a Zod)
+260-310% Enhanced Damage (Great!)
+9 To Minimum Damage (very nice)
7% Life Stolen Per Hit (very nice)
20% Chance of Crushing Blow (very nice)
Hit Blinds Target (good for parking critters)
Slows Target By 33% (very nice)
Regenerate Mana 16%
Replenish Life +16
Cannot Be Frozen (Outstanding!)
30% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items (very nice)
Level 8 Revive (** Charges) (can be a life saver)

"I dunno though, the +s might compensate for the low damage of the caddy in comparison to other eth."

For a WSM -10 weapon it has excellent damage and more importantly (unlike a Scourge or Cryptic Sword) it has a great minimum damage.

Not everyone should be running around with the same duped BotD 'Zerker. Have fun with your new weapon.

YomoKimyata

Diabloii.Net Member
YomoKimyata said:
Yeah, Eternity seems like it was created by a random number generator -- with no IAS on the runeword, I don't see a lot of upside for Eternity in this critter.

Just thinking out loud:

Seems that the best socketing for this would be (theoretically) ZOD + 4x 40ED/15IAS jewels, in which case you would have a weapon about as fast than a BoTD berserker axe. The Fanaticism adds +51% ED and the Vengeance adds 18% x three types of damage (assume here that opponent has no resistances) for a total of 265% ED.

I think it would be usable, but for the cost to make it godly, I think you are much better off using a BoTD -- even a non-ethereal one. I don't know a lot about Paladins, but I think I would use the Zod for other purposes. unless you have a bunch of them lying around, in which case you should give one to me!

I have to stand corrected on the speed thing for Eternity, since I didn't realize that, using fanaticism, you only need 40% IAS to hit the fastest speed in all attack modes. And yes, this would be a very good weapon, and major style points for usage, but I don't think it would be cost-effective.

however, I personally just don't think Eternity is that great of a runeword for the price -- the mods are in general quite good, but most of those mods come from the runes themselves (life leech from Amn, crushing blow from Ber, etc.). The incremental value of the runeword is the ED, slow target, cannot be frozen, regenerate life and mana, Revive charges. I don't think that is good enough to justify three high runes. In my opinion, if you are rich enough to trade for a BER, SUR and IST, then you are probably rich enough to trade for a ZOD and VEX.

I am all for non-cookie cutter weapons (go go my rare legendary mallet!), but the reason why weapons become cookie-cutter is that they are the most cost efficient. That is why BotD is so overpowered (thanks to the ZOD dupers) since it is so much better than just about everything else out there for the price. Which is unfortunate, since it takes away a lot of the fun of the game.

d2 junkie

Diabloii.Net Member
YomoKimyata said:
I have to stand corrected on the speed thing for Eternity, since I didn't realize that, using fanaticism, you only need 40% IAS to hit the fastest speed in all attack modes. And yes, this would be a very good weapon, and major style points for usage, but I don't think it would be cost-effective.

however, I personally just don't think Eternity is that great of a runeword for the price -- the mods are in general quite good, but most of those mods come from the runes themselves (life leech from Amn, crushing blow from Ber, etc.). The incremental value of the runeword is the ED, slow target, cannot be frozen, regenerate life and mana, Revive charges. I don't think that is good enough to justify three high runes. In my opinion, if you are rich enough to trade for a BER, SUR and IST, then you are probably rich enough to trade for a ZOD and VEX.

I am all for non-cookie cutter weapons (go go my rare legendary mallet!), but the reason why weapons become cookie-cutter is that they are the most cost efficient. That is why BotD is so overpowered (thanks to the ZOD dupers) since it is so much better than just about everything else out there for the price. Which is unfortunate, since it takes away a lot of the fun of the game.
Well thx a lot to all of you for your replies ,I think Iam gonna let it rest on a mule for a couple days,now I have already a botd zerker axe that Iam usinfg as a secondary weapon on my zealot pally ,believe it or not I like better schaffers hammer that static hit its beautiful specially on DC ,I know its not as fast but it seems to kill faster to me.
As for the caduceus I got all the runes to make eternity and it will be nice if I got that 310% ed so I will let you guys know the end result anyway.Thx a lot again.oh and I really like that idea of making one cta after all it is also a cruel of quicknes weapon :thumbsup:

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member
Necro but hell.
With higher end pray act 2 merc using insight=meditation with pray bonus the
Regenerate Mana 16%
Replenish Life +16
is pretty nice as well.
Built in mods for + 3 Fanat and Vengeance and the ** revive charges is super nice. The conversion +2 is pure style points and offensive aura mods city.
:D
Post what you made if ever see this..............................

Last edited:

Arkardo

Diabloii.Net Member
Super epic necro! ^^ I'd like to know as well what became of this weapon. The revive charges would be pretty useless though, because it's ethereal. :)

bodry

Diabloii.Net Member
11 year old thread. Someone's a bit curious. :D I'm sad to day, but that Caduceus doesn't exist anymore. BOOO.
d2 junkie was last seen:
Apr 14, 2008