Goddamn Hacked!!! I'm done here!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rykuss

Banned
Goddamn Hacked!!! I'm done here!!!!!!

I haven't even been playing for the last 6-8 weeks! I pop on to refresh my chars once a week. I come here and here only. I haven't used, now or ever, any goddamn third party programs save for ATMA. I am angry, I worked my *** off for that gear! I had a legit LEGIT BEAST! A COA! those were MINE!!!! I earned them not those lazy hacking bastards! It's all gone, ALL of it! Sure I could piece together a decent char or two out of what they left but why ******* bother! They'll just do it again and again.

To those little bastards responsible: BURN IN HELL, you hear me? BURN IN HELL!!

That's all I got. See you guys at HG:L launch.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah Billy, I was really shocked when you told me what had happened. It sucks that all your items that you worked so hard for just went poof because some idiots decided they wanted to be stupid.
Hopefully you'll still pop by the WTF though, we need you there.

GreyGhost

Banned
Dude you don't have to quit. You said yourself that you have some decent gear left, so log on -- and give them to me.

So how did they do it? Did you download something?

And couldn't you have photoshopped that tatoo of your name on Jessica's booty instead of her shoulder? Much respect.

rykuss

Banned
Yes I do have to quit. This is ridiculous! I've deleted all my chars now anyway. Why go back to bnet after this? I was just logging on to check on my Frenzier and tell Ken what skills I had maxed etc. The initial screen popped up with the char pics and I saw it, none of them looked anything like I had left them. All 9 of my accounts stripped! Runewords and Skillers and anything else worth a HR are all gone. They took my damn Homonculous! WTF?! Noob!

For the last damn time, NO! I have not downloaded any third party programs. How many people have to fall before someone gets a clue here. There are people stealing accounts/items on West! It's gotten out of control and apparently noone is safe. I am a legit player, I didn't do anything to bring this on myself. Question my legitness all you want, whatever makes you feel safe. Besides it's just a game anyway, Right? Whatever, it's done and there's no going back. No reason for me to either.

Never, ever, did I imagine this day would come. It doesn't matter how much fun I had playing this game, those memories are now destroyed and replaced with this and forever will be.

GreyGhost

Banned
It doesn't matter how much fun I had playing this game, those memories are now destroyed and replaced with this and forever will be.
That is a shame to hear. Adopting this attitude is letting the hackers win.

You should take some time to collect yourself and then start a petition or something to have Blizzard investigate whats happening on USWest. That way, at least there might be a positive outcome to all of this.

If this is happening to so many players then obviously there is some major weakness that is being exploited or an e-z password hack has been created and is being used on West.

What I mean is, this is our game, the players, not the hackers, and we need to force Blizzard to do something. If we can gather enough support, hopefully they will listen.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Were the accounts named such that each ended in a successive number?
Is your password the same here as for the accounts? Did you register any of the accounts? Do you have an RPGtraders account?

Just curious.

rykuss

Banned
That is a shame to hear. Adopting this attitude is letting the hackers win.

You should take some time to collect yourself and then start a petition or something to have Blizzard investigate whats happening on USWest. That way, at least there might be a positive outcome to all of this.

If this is happening to so many players then obviously there is some major weakness that is being exploited or an e-z password hack has been created and is being used on West.

What I mean is, this is our game, the players, not the hackers, and we need to force Blizzard to do something. If we can gather enough support, hopefully they will listen.
I see what you're saying but I don't care anymore. It's not my problem anymore either, let them have it. I won't waste my time petitioning Blizzard for anything, like they give a damn about some player getting hacked. :rolleyes: No, I'll just say my goodbye's now and bow out. If someone else wants to take the good fight to Blizzard, go for it and God's speed to them. This is the face of D2 now and people seem to be embracing it.

So for the final time, I bid you all farewell. :wave:

-Billy

Laarz

Diabloii.Net Member
Damn, this is sad. I hope something can be done about this if it's a hack sorry for your lose. i hope you don't leave the forums tho, i enjoyed your posts

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
I hope this doesn't spread to East, or I am gonna have to resort to extreme measures:
Change password every day.
Play only private games.
No trading.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey Billy..

It totally sucks the big one to hear that the fruit of your hard efforts have been taken from you..

In light of that though, I want to remind you that this forum is about a lot more than just the game itself. It's about a community. And your absence from it would prove to have a profound impact on those who knew you and on Dii.net's prosperity. Please stay ^.^....

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes Billy, don't leave your friends in the WTFOT. :wink3:
If you leave, that place loses -5000 awesomeness points!

FrostyTheSnowSorc

Diabloii.Net Member
Did whoever it was leave a maras you might have had??? If they did... It's no doubt the same guy that stripped my chars as well...

Sorry about your loss billy... I hope we can at least persuade you to stay in WTF:OT.. :sad2:

zooply

Diabloii.Net Member
just....... wow. i seriously doubt anyone can say 'all these ppl just downloaded trojans' anymore. somebody should do research on this. is it just the ppl on west on these forums that are suffering this, or all of bnet west players?

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
from what i've read, only ppl on west are affected by this and it's not specific to this forum

looks like the hackers use password recovery feature to somehow get a hold of account passwords, so it'd be a good idea to make email passwords stronger, or register a totally new and unknown mail acct just for d2

apart from that no idea what's really going on

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
from what i've read, only ppl on west are affected by this and it's not specific to this forum

looks like the hackers use password recovery feature to somehow get a hold of account passwords, so it'd be a good idea to make email passwords stronger, or register a totally new and unknown mail acct just for d2

apart from that no idea what's really going on

EIther this, or... I'm wondering...

*Starts a new thread* Rykuss, please keep an eye open for it. I'm ... curious.

templecrasher

Diabloii.Net Member
Just out of curiousity, why is rykuss different than everyone else? Out of the 50 "OMG I'm haxxored" threads this week, almost everyone else got ridiculed, called a cheater, and accused of downloading 3rd party software. Is this what it takes to validate the other people's stories? Sorry for jumping on the 'ol soapbox, and very sorry to hear about yet another players losses, but the hypocrisy is killing me...

Status
Not open for further replies.