Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

God mode?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Kewk_LOC, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Kewk_LOC

Kewk_LOC IncGamers Member

God mode?

Yea theres a new bug/glitch out there that makes it impossible for someone to kill you, although you cant kill them either :lol: .

How it works:

Its quite simple and easy, just get a barb that has leap attack, equip a flamebellow. Now put inferno on the left mouse button, and shift attack with it, then mid cast leap. If time correctly you cannot be killed :). If you would like a demonstration message me on west nonladder at *ak-x[kewk]x

2. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

well known bug, alot of lamers do it in duel games and stack up on attacker takes damage of.

3. Kewk_LOC

Yea its lame for sure, how bored do you have to be to go around in pubs and use this bug is what im wondering? :lol:

4. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Its amusing to do, when the people in the game have never heard or seen this bug, they go nuts.

5. Schwhat

Schwhat IncGamers Member

Actually, it should be that when they do that trick and then someone with a magic char comes in and whip the barb's butt. It would be so funny when they can't get out of the game fast enough.

6. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

Hey now barbs might have a use in Baal runs besides BO!

7. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

I've read about this before, but what do you mean 'they can't kill' when refering to the barb holding the flamebellow? Is that they can't attack at all? Or that they can't hit anyone else at all? Or that if you attack, the "God-mode" will wear off?

Also, is a barb with this bug still invincible versus pure elemental attacks or magic damage attacks?

8. Schwhat

Schwhat IncGamers Member

Good question, I guess I can stand corrected if they are invincible to everything. I haven't personally seen this, because I haven't been playing for awhile. But from what I can gather this is one of those ploys that you have to work the right way or you can't sucker anyone into it.

You use flamebellow's ability to cast inferno when you're leaping and then when you land you're invincible, yet you can not move nor attack. I guess that would be invincible to everything. Thus then the barb would only get the melee attackers to attack and get suckered into attacking. The barb would be wearing equipment with attacker takes dmg (I forget if any equipment out there gives you thorns aura). Thus the person will think the opponent is stuck and attack while taking the dmg and eventually be worn down where he/she supposedly dies.

Lots of questions went through my mind when I first heard of it. If that was true, then what about life leech, or has life leech become some uneffective in duels. Or the attacker takes dmg is such in a high amount that it doesn't help. And this technique would never work against ranged or magic attackers.

I also additional garnered that this technique can only be reversed if you leave and enter the game. So the barb would be an invincible sitting duck?

9. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Ok, so from this, I can gather that you not being able to move nor attack is similar to the charge bug where you do the same, temporarily? I wonder if while the charge bug is in effect, you're also invincible.

As for the techniques for killing while being in "god-mode", I would assume that you could cast curses, so you could cast life tap or IM, which normally takes a very significant amount of life away from your opponent. You could also use a Bramble armor, which has a thorns aura when equipped. If you can cast stuff, I guess you can get yourself some summons as well, to help you in killing your opponent. An act1 or act3 fire/lightning merc could also help.

All your equipment has to have attacker take damage of x. You should have as little defense as possible, as I understand it, so that your opponent dies faster.

Most of this is assuming that your opponent can hit you, but not kill you.

Btw, does life tap work against ranged attackers?

10. Kewk_LOC

No, once you use inferno then leap youre completly locked out. You cant switch items or anything, i dont even think u can look in your inventory. You can walk around and stuff but to everyone else youre still standing still, kind of like when you lag.

11. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Haha, I just found a flamebellow from baal. So I tested it out with two chars, and yea it works... my hamemrdin, nor my merc was able to kill him.

My merc first got him to 1 life, but that was only visible on my barb's screen (on my hammerdin's screen, I saw it as if my barb had full life), and since my merc has a BotD, he casts it every few seconds, as if it's killing my barb multiple times. :lol:

It's pretty fun, but not very useful. I'm gonna go pretend I can hack in pubby games. :D

EDIT: Just got done testing it. Suprisingly, a lot more people know about this bug that I expected. A few new things I learned:

-If a ranged attacker clicks on your name to fire at you, even if you're moving around on your screen, the projectiles follow you on your screen. (applies to any projectiles)Nothing useful or anything about it, but pretty funny and strange.

-One person told of a different way to trigger the bug, though I'm not sure if that was just a rumor the person heard about. I don't remember all of it, but it involved just casting inferno and taking off your shield/other sword.