God dethroned, agathodaimon, atrocity, etc

Agateryon

Diabloii.Net Member
God dethroned, agathodaimon, atrocity, etc

anyone knows these bands and like them? i really like agathodaimon and god dethroned and behemoth (these are my 3 favorite) in atrocity there are two music that i like (clash of the titans and the first one).

Agathodaimon are just unic, they have a style i've never anywhere before, behemoth is one of the bes if not the best death metal band and they are only 3 guys lol.

so if you know these bands, what do you think of them?

My_Immortal6

Diabloii.Net Member
I've heard a bit of Agathodaimon but their music never really grabbed me. Tristetea Vehemta (sp?) off their first album is a good track, though for my black metal I generally prefer ...and Oceans or Immortal.

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
what kinda music is it? From the looks of the titles (insert word no one has ever heard of) and you got yourself a goth band.

Agateryon

Diabloii.Net Member
nnndave said:
what kinda music is it? From the looks of the titles (insert word no one has ever heard of) and you got yourself a goth band.
agathodaimon- black goth teutonic metal
behemoth- death metal
atrocity - hmm dunno about this one
God dethroned- black metal i think

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Someday I'm gonna make a band just so I can make up a label for it. Black goth teutonic metal? Are you kidding me? My band will be jungle monkey metal. I know I mention it a lot, but why strive so hard to put a label on a band, if you're going to to make it so specific that only your band can be labeled as such?

Dirty_Zulu

Diabloii.Net Member
What's with all these wacky names? Does their music gets better with a cooler more satanic name or something?

Why not call it Pink Bunnies or White Tampons if their music's really that good.

Agateryon

Diabloii.Net Member
Dirty_Zulu said:
What's with all these wacky names? Does their music gets better with a cooler more satanic name or something?

Why not call it Pink Bunnies or White Tampons if their music's really that good.

:lol: i can´t answer you to that one :D well they don´t label them selfs, usually they are labelled by magasins and stuff like that...

NefariousNothing

Diabloii.Net Member
AeroJonesy said:
My band will be jungle monkey metal.
Sorry, that's currently taken by a little known band called Apes of the Apocalypse. Break out your dictionary and get to work!

But on a more serious note, come on. It's music. If a name defines what you listen to, I feel for you. Music is music, and labels are for soup cans.

NefariousNothing

Diabloii.Net Member
krzyhobo said:
If I were a Pal I'd make that my signature.
Heh, I'm glad you like it. :)

Now, don't get me wrong. I've listened to my fair share of "heavy" music, which I won't bother listing. My musical taste varies quite a bit; I can go from listening to, say.. Arch Enemy to Sneaker Pimps without batting an eyelash. I dislike how bands are referred to as "black metal" "death metal" "gore metal" "grindcore" "metalcore", etc. It really just confused people and, if anything, encourages musical snobs.

It's music. Silly names or not, does it really matter what someone listens to? Excuse my mini-rant; a close friend of mine asked me what my favorite band of all time had to be, and when I said Led Zeppelin, she told me that was a generic answer. It infuriates me when people become so engrossed in the "underground" that they can ignore the good stuff.. Though, that's my opinion. Everyone is entitled to one.

My_Immortal6

Diabloii.Net Member
The guy was asked to explain what kind of music it was. How would you do it without sounding pretentios or whatever crap it was that you seem to think.

krzyhobo

Diabloii.Net Member
There's no need to take personal offense from a mere difference of opinion.

The point is simply that it's not necessary to categorize music into such specific groups. It's much more reasonable and sensible to judge and describe the music of individual bands. To me, somebody describing a song as melodic, 6/4 bass loops over a driving 4/4 drum beat, etc. makes more sense than trying to define it as prog-alt-thrash-rock, or whatever name you want to associate with it. Labels only limit what you are able to convey and take away from the ingenuity of talented artists.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Well if you make your label so unique that it only applies to the band you're describing, there's no point in the label, right?