Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

God damnit

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by fatmantan, Mar 19, 2004.

1. fatmantan

fatmantan IncGamers Member

God damnit

Just created a game and my jah rune in stash disappeared :(

Ive had it for over 2 weeks now and its gone
    Just got ohm and i got vex so was gonna try get ber...........

Oh well, im not gonna be one of those ppl that quit so yeah :)

Rant over

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Maybe it was a dupe. Most likely.

3. Uriah_Heep

Uriah_Heep IncGamers Member

Yeah,Rust Storm ate it most probably.You should be careful when trading runes.If the guy offers large numbers of runes chances are they are duped.Also if he offers runes at suspiciously low price-same thing.If he uses the leet language-I'd say don't trade.If you want to make a big runeword,wait for a while to be sure that the runes don't disappear.It will be bad if one duped rune spoils the whole thing.I waited for more than a month before completing Doom-all of the runes were traded at TCs.

4. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

sucks man....my sympathies. Though I've never had a jah rune....lol

5. ZonnyWonny

ZonnyWonny IncGamers Member

ive had both a ber and ohm dissapear on me too... *bashes head against moniter*

6. fatmantan

Yeh, i traded my vex that i found from meph for the jah and other items.

he said he found it off meph.....i'll ask him when he comes online.....

Oh well

**** happens

7. Metallica4life07

Metallica4life07 IncGamers Member

I just traded for my first ever high rune which was a Ber today. I left the game and went in a few and it was still there. Well about an hour later poof its gone. This was my only ever high end anything and I was so excited about being close to make a godly runeword. I guess I learned my lesson and should have been suspecius that he told me to enter a private game with him. There were a few others in the game also. Oh well after that the gods of diablo gave me a sympathy gift of a Stormshield which I also never had b4. Thanks Brem.

8. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

dont socketables lose their item codes once socketed into an item? or did they change that? Anyone here have runes disappear from WITHIN an item? I know duel mod max dmg jewels got ripped out, but since that was ALL of them for some reason, that may have just been a check for additional +20 or something max dmg.

9. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

my rule is, don't trade for high runes, because what happend to most of you all will happen,
    OR
    trade high runes ONLY with your friends that you actually trust and know that they found them
    OR
    put them into an armor/weapon/etc as soon as you get them, to prevent them from dispearing (have the other runes for the rune word ready, and place them as soon as you get the high one u need)

i would think most people would know that there was a massive rune dupe, and that 95% of runes will disapear from the rust storm,.

to me its not worth the disapointment of having one disapear to get that enigma, i'm just trying to find the runes on my own, or cubing up
    just have a ber rune to go, whooo who!

10. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

I had this happen to a vex, while sitting in my stash waiting to find that perfect superior ethereal beserker axe.. :) Now I don't only still have to find the axe but a vex as well.. oh well.. I guess that's life.. :)

11. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

DITTO DITTO DITTO.

Even with the people I trust I do not take my chances. I put the runes in the socketable item as soon as I get them. The way I usually do it is trade for the runes in order of the rune sequence so that I could just add them even though I can't complete the entire runeword.

Unfortunately, this is the only true safe way to keep high runes from "poofing"...unless you actually found the rune yourself.

Fatmantan, sorry about your loss.

12. fatmantan

Damn, i shouldve put it into my armour. i got a few armours i was thinin of putting it in. Just didnt think to put it in as the guy told me he found it himself. This was his only hihg rune, so i thought that he was telling the truth. Oh well

Thanks for the support guys. :thumbsup: