Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

God... Another Hack?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by hyn, Feb 28, 2004.

1. hyn

hyn IncGamers Member

God... Another Hack?

I was in a cow run game in HCL on East, all was going well until this necro starting casting Corpse Explosion on a bunch of dead cows I happened to be walking on. No big deal, you'd think.

Well guess what... the Corpse Explosion damaged me.
    And he was NOT hostile. No cows around.
    My health went down to around 20, I managed to chug a rejuvination potion, but that wasn't enough. The necro cast some more and I was dead.

Need I go into details about items I lost with that sorc...

I'm sick of this kind of corrupt gameplay. I wish Blizzard would employ GMs so they can observe and ban these sick hackers.

Anyone else know this kind of hacking?

I guess I won't be playing D2 for a while.

2. stemis516

stemis516 IncGamers Member

well that sounds pretty crazy, i think theres a few options here

1. u were lagging, getting hit by cows made u seem to take dmg etc
    2. he really was hostile with u and maybe u didnt know it
    3. there really is a crazy hack out there, which i hope not

personally, i dont think its a hack...seems to crazy to be made and implemented on a realm, so i think its option 1 or 2, but that could just be me

any1 else have other possibilities or insight?

3. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

I think it is lag and cows killed you. If he was really hostiling you, you would not even have the chance to rejuv---deeds instantly.

4. Pugnare

Pugnare IncGamers Member

What was the death message? It could just be you were lagging and getting hit by cows.

5. Pinoy

Pinoy IncGamers Member

Woooo. Can you enter cow when you hostile?

6. Blood_And_Iron

Blood_And_Iron IncGamers Member

#2: lol. That'd be something.

7. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

You lagged out and got owned by cows, (you can't be hostile in the cow level, trystram or through any other red portals you can't waypoint to) why is it always a hack whenever someone dies?

8. rpgforumsnet

rpgforumsnet IncGamers Member

OK, this sounds strange but I have a little experience to share.

Yesterday I just brought my new tank sorc to nm (lvl 45) and I immediately joined a public game. There's 6 ppl in the game including me. I partied and check that they are all in act4 questing (I think). I proceeded and went to bloodmoor to see if my orb is doing any good, and the minute that I stepped out of town I was kicked out of the game. When I checked my character screen I see my sorc dead :~

Still haven't figured out what's going on... I guess I'll avoid public games for a while

9. mali

mali IncGamers Member

heh...

Playing in Asia3 at the mo'... I'm yet to see anyone even DIE to another player, let alone people using hacks to kill each other. Kinda glad I'm on sabbatical from East at the moment...:)

Cheers

m

10. Blood_And_Iron

Blood_And_Iron IncGamers Member

really?

Tell me it's as nice as you make it sound, and I'll move now.

11. RottweilExpress

RottweilExpress IncGamers Member

I've died to lagging, invisible cows before. There were no necros around, but I'm sure I'd blame* it on them and hacks at that very moment I died. It's quite upsetting to die like that. But like they said, what did the deathmessage tell you?

*We're only human

12. mali

mali IncGamers Member

Games are generally pk free, but kinda quiet as well.
    Cons: very difficult to trade - HC channels are empty... to this point I have no-one on my /f list. Most people do not know what you're saying.
    Pros: Players are generous - more like HC was circa 2 years ago. No hacks other than MH (not me - others use tho' - no more so than on East). No abusive kiddies running around.

If you're interested, I'd suggest trying it out - if only to make up your own mind. I'm on Asia3.

Cheers

m

13. HR-Tecira

HR-Tecira IncGamers Member

Well if it is anything like it was back in 1.09 when I and some others in BtK "invaded" Asia3 then I will say that yes you will find a lot of friendly people but you will also find that a good % of those ppl pindle bot.

Due to that fact and the apparent lack of lld we gave up on our invasion and returned to the east pretty quickly.

14. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

There is no way thats a hack. Its obvious your own mistake. Unless you can prove us that there was a message "xxx slained by xxxNecromancer"

15. Eraserhead

Eraserhead IncGamers Member

Hmm

Lets not quickly dismiss this fellow.

I had a similar instance, and I think it may be some kind of bug.
    I was doing nm baal runs in a 6-7 person game (all friends, mind you). I had a high vita druid tanking in the middle of the spawning minions, taking very little damage. My necro friend starting zapping them with CE and my life plummeted to near zero instantly. I drank all my rejuvs and ran away in a panic. I know I wasn't lagged - and I wasnt surrounded by those super minions yet. I wasn't amped either. I think it was some weird combo of auras and spells that allowed me to feel the effects of the CE. We couldn't duplicate the effect afterwards.

Is it possible the necro exploded one of his dead minions? Would the effects be reversed? Who knows... Can't explain what happened.

16. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

I seem to remember the unmentionables mention their new leet hack that had something to do with a necro. This might be it?

17. Dire_Wulf

Dire_Wulf IncGamers Member

I had a similar thing happen to me with I was cowing with friends of mine. luckily the guy spamming CE saw my life drop and stopped casting. I think it may be a bug and not a hack. I just hope people dont figure out how to turn it into a hack.

18. kridebbent

kridebbent IncGamers Member

Kicked out of that particular game ("connection interrupted") or kicked out of DII entirely? If the latter, it could be a drop hack.

19. rachelene2

rachelene2 IncGamers Member

This is unclear, Henry ^^;

That or you were at Bartuc and he was LEFE. You can die on a single bolt by him in nightmare, as in NM fire bug is NOT fixed. I know. Lost 2 babas with near max and 2600-3000 life there. Hell Bartuc is not nearly as dangerous.

20. myolosolo

myolosolo IncGamers Member

This hack could be real but I doubt it, say like mh, where it gives you to see whoever on the screen and all those other "lame features" that I hear about. A programmer can program a program(say that three time fast) to hostle someone and have the screen not to get that little picture thingy and the nosie it makes. But I doubt this because you would have to get into your computer like mafiaboy did to yahoo and all those other major companies. So either you were lagging or their is another bug out which someone as discovered.

1. show us the screen where it says "xxx been slained by superbugger
    2. tell me if he hostled you then you clicked not to hostle him so he can still kill you but you can touch him.(which i think the hostle thing goes away, not sure about the picture thingy)
    3. Tell us that you were just making this up and we can stop making excuse so we can cow or play in public games.