Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Go to school or go to Iraq!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Module88, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Module88

Module88 Diabloii.Net Member

Go to school or go to Iraq!

I don't quite know what Smeg is smoking, but he's not really doing a good job of balancing the political bullcrap we've been seeing as the election nears, so...

2. The Future now

The Future now Banned

Boy is Kerry an angry man. BTW, what does he mean by a Katrina foreign policy?

3. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy Diabloii.Net Member

Classic liberal fear-mongering. Oh noes, there's gon' be uh draft! :afro:

4. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Yet Kerry went to college and still wound up in the military. What a complete tool. And to think, most of the people in here voted for this guy.

5. Intolerance

Intolerance Diabloii.Net Member

You'd be really hard pressed to find someone in the history of the planet that I wouldn't have voted for in the last election if the only options were said person and Mr. Bush.

6. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Saddam?
    Kofi anan?
    Usama?
    Wacky Macky Amagonnasingajingle?
    Kim Jong "Mentally" Il?
    Me?

7. Quietus

Quietus Diabloii.Net Member

Smeg for Pres, eh? Hmm... :scratch:

8. Intolerance

Intolerance Diabloii.Net Member

I was more concerned with replacing the entire administration, as the man in charge is just a puppet.

Many of the people you listed would have have been assassinated anyway. Who'd be their running mates? That may make a big difference.

9. bg1256

bg1256 Diabloii.Net Member

wtf did Kerry mean by all this? The GOP is obviously spinning it as they see fit, but I'm more interested in what Kerry actually meant in the first place.

10. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Nah. By that time I won't want the pay cut :laugh:

Seriously though, Kerry insulted EVERY SINGLE veteran who has ever fought. Now he's saying he's not the one that needs to apologize. The good thing about this is Kerry has shown the EMOcrats true colors and the real reason why they need to be defeated everywhere.

11. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

It's simple. If you're not a rich elitist commie-lite than you're scum of the earth. It's why the left hates Wal-Mart - it's not hoity-toity enough. This is the same party that claims to be for the little man, then they **** on the little man every chance they get.

He meant he HATES the military with everything he has. It's still amazing he didn't get fragged in Vietnam.

12. Road Ratt

Road Ratt Diabloii.Net Member

Turn about is fair play, it was just a few days ago a republican's words were spun in favor of the Dems in the media. Only the truely gullible will see it as anything more than "politics as usual", especially in an election year.

13. EliManning

EliManning Diabloii.Net Member

Kerry has said it was a joke about Bush personally and not about any members or veterans of the military. That would have been clear if the conservative media machine weren't in high gear supporting their candidates. You can still find it on any search engine though, as some news pages do still allow both sides to be represented in a story. It's pretty pathetic that web sites are America's new model for journalistic integrity. It just goes to show you how unpatriotic conservatives have really become.

I read it as a comparison of our foreign policy to the way Katrina was handled, i.e. sloppily, with zero advance preparation, and absolutely no defined goals that would allow us to end the game and get back to the business of running our country. Katrina and Iraq are both headlines from years ago yet the only aspect of either problem that's been addressed is that the Saints are playing in New Orleans again.

14. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

I fail to see the spin. Kerry made a complete arse of himself and his entire party. He's insulted every military man and women that has ever fought. He insulted the poor. He insulted the educated. Now he's demanding an apology. The arrogance of the bOy.

15. caddad

caddad Diabloii.Net Member

I live in a purple country, not a red and blue one.

-D2netDad

16. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

He's attempting to make the word synonymous with "disastrous" to try to remind people of Katrina since people will have long forgotten it by the time the next Presidential election comes around.

What's more scary is that those who are left probably voted for Bush.

P.S. Things have changed a lot since then. Just look at the fact that not one single Senator has a child deployed in Iraq. A military career isn't the same as it was then.

17. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Nevermind that the Katrina rescue was THE fastest and efficient rescue ever. Nevermind that in Alabama and Mississippi there are no problems. The problem is only happening in a Democrat controlled area. But don't let the facts get in the way.

Yes we did.

Big deal. There's only 100 Senators. I can randomly pick 100 people within a mile of me (Boise is a military city) and the chances of any of them having a son in Iraq is tiny. But don't let numbers get in the way of your drivel.

18. Ikeren

Ikeren Diabloii.Net Member

One second. Mr Kim isn't insane, he is just interested in, and wants, Nukes. Like every other country in the world. Including the US.

And I don't even understand how Kofi Annan got on that list? Why wouldn't somebody want to vote for him? He is doing a terrific job as the secretary general of the US and has proven time and time again to be reasonable and intelligent.

And I think he is somewhat justified (perhaps not completely, but).

For people who do not do well in school, there are a handful of options:

Work hard, get an apprenticeship and trade, if you are lucky.
    Work hard in a factory or fast food joint making minimum wage.
    Work hard by joining the army, make far more money, get benefits, possible paid schooling.

While some people in the army probably are highly academic, geniuses that aced every test, you can't argue that some would be people who aren't academically oriented.
    Really? He did? I must have missed that in the article sourced.

19. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

LOL.

It is more a sign of demographic changes. A military career is no longer the sort of thing sons and daughters of privilege eagerly sign up for. Not to mention the fact we no longer have conscription.

20. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Diabloii.Net Member

Smeg, you're off your rocker in this thread (moreso than others). You've spouted off so may ridiculous comments I'm not even going to respond to them individually. Extremism and a complete lack of common sense when it comes to anything political is our real problem, both republican and democrat, and you're a perfect exmaple of it.