Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Go to nightmare/hell easy (mule etc.)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Dijkstra, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Dijkstra

Dijkstra Diabloii.Net Member

How do I get through the acts with a 2. character as easy as possible? (I am playing alone, but have two computers both with diablo, - I am running and bnet (ladder)).

What I have tried sofar.
    Have my high-level sorc kill Andariel while my 2. char is standing in the basement - works. My 2. char can go to act 2.

Act 2. The cube, amulet and staff can be cleared by sorc - and when there are no enemies, I can go in with my 2. char, and grab the stuff easy.
    The last part of act 2 I am not to sure about, because a friend helped me. But doing Duriel will be hard. Will it still count if she is killed when my 2. char is in town? Or in the tome? Or perhaps dead in Duriel's chamber???

Act 3 - Haven't tried yet.

Act 4- Diablo was killed, - but it didn't count. How do I do? What are the requirements?

Is it possible to make a level 1 char as a slayer/champion/Patriarch/Matriarch?
    It would be nice. It's like /player2, but on bnet. It gives me possibilities to bring more bottles or bring out more stuff etc.

2. Dijkstra

Dijkstra Diabloii.Net Member

Beside being able to have a helper bringing it and out stuff - I can also get the good quest-goddies. Sockets and Gems.
    The rare rings, and crafted items could be interesting too, but I suppose the character level matters. And at level 1, probably not interesting at all.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Make the game with a character who needs the quest to be solved, else you cannot solve the quest at all (see quest window). Form a party.

One of those who need to get a quest solved has to be near the scene where it happens. Further characters just have to be somewhere in the same act. Being in town is enough. I brought a lot of L1 mules through hell act 5 that way, to have Larzuk, hellforge and Qual-Kehk rewards, as well as adding challenge by soloing in 3 player games.

That means that it's no problem for you to take a second character with you while the first one is questing through the game. Just change acts with him as well. Don't forget that in order to move to act 4, you have to step through the portal at Mephisto's place, so your Meph killer has to cast a TP before going to act 4, allowing the guy in town to follow.

BTW, there are several ways to run multiple game instances on a single computer (using different game keys, of course).

1. Create another Windows account and run the other windows copy through that one.
    2. Install a virtual machine and run the other D2 from there.
    3. Start the other D2 in a sandbox program. I used Sandboxie for that

Combinations are possible as well. I have 3 sets of game keys, so I ran it on Sandboxie and a virtual machine and had everything on the same screen, without switching back and forth.

Edit: Word salad fixed.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  4. korialstraz

korialstraz Diabloii.Net Site Pal

As far as I remember, it doesn't matter if the character in question is dead, so long as he stays dead until quest is completed. However this only works if 1 player needs the quest. If there are more players in the game, and they are waiting in town, the character following the rusher to boss fights must stay relatively close to the fight, and not die for the quest to update on characters standing in town. It's been a long time since I did rushing, but I seem to recall it working like that.

As for act 2, you don't need to be in Duriel's chamber to progress. The quest will say it can't be completed in this game, since duriel died without the character being present. However since the way to act 3 is by talking with Tyrael in the chamber, you can go down and talk with him, and it will update the quest again.

As for Diablo, the the north of where he spawns. Actually north and slightly to the west of the spawn, there is a corner where 2 walls meet. There are 2 small outcrops of wall sticking out at the corners. If the rusher can kill Diablo before he moves around too much, then the character being rushed should be quite safe standing behind that small piece of wall. It'll at least be enough to prevent 1 shots from the first fire nova, but if Diablo starts moving about, then all bets are off.

Yes it is possible to have a lvl 1 character that's rushed all the way to hell. But that would require the character to be dead at boss fights so as to avoid getting exp. I'm 99% certain this works, but that might've changed. Ofc getting a character past the ancients is the tricky part, since they have a lvl requirement of 20/40/60 for normal/nightmare/hell. It can be done though.

I actually made a rushing guide some time back. I never got around to finalizing it fully with pics and everything, but the general outline is there. And if you're interested in really getting into the nitty-gritty part of rushing, there are a ton more helpful suggestions from comments in that guide. :)

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/...e-to-fast-and-efficient-rushing.714557/page-2

5. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Can confirm the usefulness of those little safe spots for the rushed char during the Diablo fight. I don't think I've ever NOT used them

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You can also run into Diablo with the rushed character and not press ESC when he dies then. That counts as well. It's not an option in hardcore, however.

The problem with rushed characters is act 5. You can only get past Baal if one of those who need the quest is near Baal when he dies. However, in order to get near Baal, you have to get past the Ancients which isn't possible before level 20/40/60 in normal/nightmare/hell. If rushing includes leveling, then it would be no problem.

7. korialstraz

korialstraz Diabloii.Net Site Pal

You can get bast baal without meeting the lvl requirements though, but it requires having another character in the game.