Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gloves?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TheNamelessOne, May 31, 2008.

1. TheNamelessOne

TheNamelessOne IncGamers Member

Gloves?

Does anyone else think it's funny how all the good unique gloves are normal?
    OK Dracul's bucks the trend and is (are?) very popular, but are there any other popular elite or excp gloves? As far as I can see every one wants chancies, and magefist and frostburn are liked generally too.

I'm not sure, but when I played D2 before I swear everyone made a much bigger deal about frostburn, have they been changed in a patch or something? You don't really hear about them nowdays...

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Gloves?

Bloodfist too, for their FHR.

I agree with you. There are the semi-popular Steelrends, but they are so rare and have so high requirements that almost no one uses them.

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Lavagout and hellmouth are good for adding damage to a melee or projectile attacker. Venom grip has crushing blow and life leech, although those set gloves with IAS are probably better. Gravepalm and ghoulhide do not both need to exist, how pathetic. At least make one for demons. Souldrain is just sad.

4. BoD Trader

BoD Trader IncGamers Member

souldrainers are highly useful.....
    Steelrend are like THE best gloves
    Do research before you go on a rant

5. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

If I go melee, I'd rather choose:

- Dracs, for Leech possibilities
    - Crafted Blood Gloves, for potentially same amount of CB, and a possibility of IAS/resists
    - LoH, for IAS and MASSIVE ED% vs demons

If I go caster, I'd not put on Steelrend if I were threatened with death.

6. TheNamelessOne

If I was being accused of ranting, (though I would be more inclined to describe it as making casual conversation about hand protection/enhancement equipment), I would have to say that apart from draculs which I already mentioned, and perhaps steelrend with some useful mods to some char builds, a large proportion of unique gloves, particularly the exceptional ones, are are quite spectacularly useless.

Soul Drainers - duel leech, you know you can get that with other stuff on a ring?
    Melee - hardly need any mana leech, and dracs has more LL potencial
    Casters - don't hit anything, in fact dracs would be way better as they give life on kills, not physical blows.

Steelrend - +strength and 10% crushing blow, just blows your mind dosen't it?
    Melee - well if you want CB you can get the same amount from crated gloves with other stuff as berg pointed out, and they have some other advantages like not being the rarest gloves in the game.
    Casters - see above comment from berg.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Easy thar folks, lets keep the randing to a minimum

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

None of my melee/missile characters wears normal gloves. All of them have either Dracul's, LoH or (to complete the set) IK gloves. Steelrends are quite nice as well and a lot of pvp assassins and amazons are using rare or crafted gloves.

For casters there's no question that Frostburn, Magefists and TO gloves are the best gloves, of course, but why should caster gloves have high str reqs if the point of them is not the better defense, but the bonuses they add ?

9. Dirkw

Dirkw IncGamers Member

The worst thing about soul drainers is the chance to cast weaken, which isn't just useless as is but also overwrites the curses that áre useful.
    Hellmouth is pretty bad too. The castings cause a nasty delay just like the foh on thundergods does. At least on tgods its bearable. On Hellmouth it's too much.

Lavagout are crappy as well. It's like, you have them equipped but you just can't tell as you're too busy noticing how good the mods look on paper but how badly they are sucking in practice.
    It is also badly overshadowed by Laying of Hands, boasting same 20 ias but with at least one extra killer mod.

Venomgrip is actually pretty decent, and a smiter could benefit from the +5 max poison res, cb and lifeleech on it if he used an exile/coh setup. But even then, it's still a hard battle vs. all the excellent mods on dracs... Most melee characters have little reason - save for ias - to shy away from this pair.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  10. BoD Trader

BoD Trader IncGamers Member

sorry mate, i was in a little mood this morning..... :nod: sorry again

On topic still steelrends also have a huge %enhanced damage on them meaning it's alot more than just strength and cb, tbh with you the huge damage alone would make the gloves useful the other stats just sweeten the deal. Sorry again for my behaviour, i apologise to the mods aswell.

11. TheNamelessOne

No offence taken Bod Trader, I was out of line myself.

Steelrend are fine for the builds that they are suited too, it's mainly the exceptional unique gloves I was thinking of when I made this thread, and anyway there are absolutely stacks of uniques and even skills that are only briefly useful as you pass through that level so there is little point in my complaint.

Sorry Gorny, Bod Trader, :handthumb: ?