Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Global Warming

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PlagueBearer, Sep 23, 2006.

?

What realm do you play on.

1. UsEast

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. UsWest

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. Europe

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  4. Asia

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. PlagueBearer

PlagueBearer IncGamers Member

Global Warming

Putting this poll out there: How real do you think global warming is? What do you think is the cause? What can be done to fix it? Does it even need fixing?

You can check multiple boxes, so answer both the "If/Why" questions and the "Good/Bad" questions.

2. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

It's happening but there's no way in hell man is the cause of it. Mars is getting warmer at hte same rate and there's no SUVs there. Somebody has some 'splainin' to do

Anyway, how can you complain about it if we're going to wind up with more of this running around?

3. Bulgarian

Bulgarian Banned

What was the fuel called that they extract from crops?

ethanol or something

i have no idea what im talking about

gogo hydrogen cars

4. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

1 vote for global warming *cracks open all available aerosol cans containing cfc's

5. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I abstained because none really match my opinion. I'd say from what I've seen that the preponderance of evidence is that it is happening, but the extent of humanity's involvement is uncertain.

If it does happen it will be devastating to everyone and everything, and we should do everything practical to stop it, slow it or counter its effects. But really we need a long-term solution.

6. jackthelad

jackthelad IncGamers Member

According to this, we are to blame, to some degree (lol). I don't think we are the only cause, but I do think it is happening a lot faster because of us.

7. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

I'd say anybody who uses the phrase Global Warming is an idiot. Global Climate Change is more accurate.

8. soul killer

soul killer Banned

"Global Climate Change" as some unintelligent ppl call it,is very real, summers are getting hotter, the poles are melting and increasing the water lvl all because of those toxic fumes being released into the atmosphere.

Are world leaders doing anything about this? NO, there sitting on there arses sipping champagne, they dont give a damn, as long as it brings in cash to make even more Nuclear Power Plants and other industrial factories contributing even more to Global Warming.

9. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Would these be the nuclear plants that run today which emit no CO2, SO2, NOx, or other greenhouse gasses. Or are these the nuclear plants in your imagination that are filled with demons, peril and the lamentations of women?

Might want to get your **** together before you claim others are unintelligent. Because even though you can't hear it, I'm laughing at you.

10. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

you said it better and first....well done!

11. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Nah the power plants arent actually filled with demons,there guarded by them.
    Get your facts straight about power plants before you laugh at ppl for having an imagination.

12. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Enriching the fuel is done in a way that releases green house gasses, I think.

Still not exactly a coal power plant, but not 100% clean if you count all the steps involved.

13. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Dude, I want some of these. Are TOP SCIENTISTS working on them right now?

Glad to see Smeg making blanket statements in a thread about a tangentially politicized issue. That's a new one.

14. Baynson

Baynson IncGamers Member

I really don't believe theres a thing we can do about the earth going through its natural cycles. It think those guys that are reading all those ice core samples have pretty well exibited the fact that the earth has been hotter or colder at different stages in its life. If its coming to a "hot" stage then so be it. I really don't think you or I will be around for the hottest part. Ice melting to fast for ya?, buy land on higher ground and will it to your kids so they'll be dry and hot. People need to quit freakin-out about this, I mean ****, last year it was "omg so many storms, next year is gonna be worse, get ready" and what happens? I can piss more water than has hit land this year because of hurricains. I'm not gonna worry about globel warming, Its the instant ice age after that mile wide meteor hits that I'm worried about.

15. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Are genetically modified seeds the new meme? I'm glad to have helped it sprout.

16. Baynson

Baynson IncGamers Member

I'll take any type of seed if SHTF any time soon:thumbsup:

17. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Yeah, it's that time of millennium again...

What makes you think there isn't? Maybe we just haven't worked out a solution yet.

18. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

The climate is changing. I don't know why.

19. Baynson

Baynson IncGamers Member

I guess theres always a "maybe". To me its kind-a like a large machine thats running next to you, and you know nothing about it. You see, hear and feel it running and may even be able to understand the gauges that monitor it, but, that will not be enough to control it if it gets out of wack, so your pretty much helpless even with the knowlege you have. In the case of the earth (the machine) we now its working and we know it has its ups and downs and a limited life (usefull to us). As the earth works out its problems in keeping its self in balance, we will have to conform to her rules. We may even be able to work out a viable "band-aid" for some of her problems, the only thing about that is band-aids are only a short term solution to the underling wound. I believe the earth will heal its self with or without us around to help out. When its ready the earth will "flush" and all will be well again.

My brain hurts again:scratch:

20. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

Last I checked, there haven't been any new nuclear plants in the U.S. since like, 1979 or so. And aside from Chernobyl, name one bad thing about nuclear power plants.