Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Global Warming debate getting more absurd by the day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Freemason, May 6, 2005.

1. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Global Warming debate getting more absurd by the day

This is getting more and more silly.

A new study has found that the Earth's atmoshpere is cleaner than it's been for 30 years. Apparently we've done a pretty good job of reducing pollution.

As we all have heard time and time again, pollution causes global warming.

But now we've gone and done it again. Since airborne particulate matter blocked sunlight from reaching the surface (global dimming) and we've now done such an excellent job on reducing particulate matter, we've caused more sinlight to reach the surface. Thus warming the planet.

Oops.

Seems to me that the sun is causing global warming. Dammit. Now what are we going to do? We can't pollute more to block the sunlight because that traps the heat. And we can't pollute less because that allows more heat to reach the surface. Whatever shall we do? I suggest we blow up the sun.

2. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

we make superhuman hides to protect us from the sun and never worrie again

3. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

So does this mean, Smeg, that we should stop curbing pollution because we've seen evidence that it might actually be effective? Seems to me that if you're implying that the atmosphere is cleaner now than it has been in decades that recent efforts to restrict pollution have been an overwhelming success.

That said, do you stop something because you see that it's beginning to work? When your fever starts to drop, do you stop eating healthy and drinking clear fluids that very instant and start drinking and smoking again?

I think not.

Then again, I'm probably talking to myself here, because you won't bother coming back to respond. Maybe you'll shock me and reply?

4. Freemason

Freemason Banned

What I'm saying is the law of unintended consequences has struck again. We pollute and warm the planet. We don't pollute and it warms the planet. Absurd isn't it?

Q. What does that have to do with the absurdity of the two claims?
    A. Nothing

Lucky for you, I have deemed this a good time to give you a heart attack and respond. Lucky lucky you! Now you may go back to living to post. I have better things to do in a moment.

5. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

I was actually mimicking our President. Don't be like the Democrats on Social Security and just refuse to offer any suggestions!

What do you propose we do?

PS--I appreciate the answer! :teeth: It was indeed a shock.

6. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I don't think carbon dioxide is considered a pollutant is it?

7. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Cleanest in 30 years isnt exactly something to brag about. Cleanest in 300 years that would be something worth braging about.

And the problem with polution isnt global warming its people having problems breathing. Lung problems, acid rain, ruined beaches and so on.

Now as for global warming we could have zero polution and still have it because of all the carbondioxid and the suns ray reaching the surface is actualy prevent global warming because alot of the light is reflected back that way but carbondioxid particles absorb the light.

Just like if you look at a white and black papper. The black papper absorbs 99% of the light and the white papper reflects 99% and its the same with the earth.